Its Time For The United States To Have A Serious Look At Gun Control Laws

That situation already exists -- there are 311,591,917 people in the US right now. One you take away the police, the military, children, invalids and the elderly how many people do you think are actually capable of fighting the government out in the street with weapons? Weapons which by the way are going to pale in comparison to whatever the military has that hasn't been released yet to the public. And who's going to coordinate this effort? Where are these leaders going to spring up from?

All of that remains to be seen but i rather have one on me than to not have it at all

Are you suggesting the US military would abandon its rules of engagement requirements if it was turned on its own people?

LMAOOOOOOOOOOOO

WE WOULD CRUSH US SO JUST ABANDON THE GUNS LMAOOOO

yall the same dudes who get beat up with fists tho

talmbout "OUTLAW ALL GUNS"

LMAOOOOOOOOO

out of all the guns ive shot, most were dirty weapons. that's not bragging, thats keeping it real. thats reality.

no law will ever eliminate those weapons. japan is an island. people posting japan's gun stats....LMAO

realistically,

i think we could limit assault rifles and classes of weapons to taking hours of coursework like a CCW, higher coursework for higher weapons.

but you "MELT ALL THE GUNS DOWN" dudes sound sheltered.

(ftr, i dont even own a gun, never have.)

I guess they should also look into alcohol control, right?
scaled.php

Nah man, you can't outlaw guns. Then when a kid decides to shoot up his school all the other kids won't have anything to defend themselves with. You know, because people these days carry guns with them everywhere. Look man, just because there are outlier events where someone will kill other people regardless of what regulations are in place, doesn't mean we shouldn't have better gun control laws. Be more rational.

Nah man, you can't outlaw guns. Then when a kid decides to shoot up his school all the other kids won't have anything to defend themselves with. You know, because people these days carry guns with them everywhere. Look man, just because there are outlier events where someone will kill other people regardless of what regulations are in place, doesn't mean we shouldn't have better gun control laws. Be more rational.

you got to be joking...

be more rational? if people have mental issues there is no reasoning. if they want to kill you, they will.. but if you make it harder for them to get a gun, chances are that less innocent people will die.

That .gif is actually ironic to me, because alcohol is more of a problem in this country than gun violence will ever be.

Yet, that's probably the exact response that you would get out of most people if you were to utter the phrase "alcohol control".

That .gif is actually ironic to me, because alcohol is more of a problem in this country than gun violence will ever be.
Yet, that's probably the exact response that you would get out of most people if you were to utter the phrase "alcohol control".
QFT, but both issues are ingrained into "AMERICAN TRADITION" so it's "UNAMERICAN" to look into them :smh:

Last edited:
[table][tr][td]The Daily Show with Jon Stewart[/td][td]Mon - Thurs 11p / 10c[/td][/tr][tr][td]Aurora & Gun Control[/td][/tr][tr][td]www.thedailyshow.com[/td][/tr][tr][td][/td][/tr][tr][td][table][tr][td]Daily Show Full Episodes[/td][td]Political Humor & Satire Blog[/td][td]The Daily Show on Facebook[/td][/tr][/table][/td][/tr][/table]

[table][tr][td]The Colbert Report[/td][td]Mon - Thurs 11:30pm / 10:30c[/td][/tr][tr][td]Partisan Speculation & Campaign Pauses Around Colorado Shooter[/td][/tr][tr][td]www.colbertnation.com[/td][/tr][tr][td][/td][/tr][tr][td][table][tr][td]Colbert Report Full Episodes[/td][td]Political Humor & Satire Blog[/td][td]Video Archive[/td][/tr][/table][/td][/tr][/table]

Last edited:
except when people die from alcohol it's usually an accident, when people die from guns it's murder.

don't remember the last time someone was murdered with a 40 or sprayed up a block with a 12 pack of beer.

Alcohol been around for centuries brah

apples to oranges

Last edited:
:lol: and guns are brand new huh?
why y'all keep deviating from the convo though? guns =/= alcohol

they don't serve the same purpose.

"if we ban guns lets just ban alcohol too" argument is neither relevant nor related

on the flip side

We make automatic assault rifles legal, lets just make grenades and rocket launchers legal too. :rolleyes

Last edited:
except when people die from alcohol it's usually an accident, when people die from guns it's murder.
don't remember the last time someone was murdered with a 40 or sprayed up with a 12 pack of beer.
Alcohol been around for centuries brah
apples to oranges

Please explain the difference between somebody getting behind the wheel drunk and killing me, and somebody coming up to me with a pistol and killing me.

You have no idea what you're talking about.

http://alcoholicsvictorious.org/faq/impact.html

And what the hell are you talking about alcohol has been around for centuries.

You're acting as if guns just burst onto the scene or something.

These are both issues, its just funny to me how nobody ever says a thing about alcohol being an issue, EVER.

Yet, every time some insane idiot decides to shoot up a public place, all I hear is people *****ing about gun control.

Last edited by a moderator:
Please explain the difference between somebody getting behind the wheel drunk and killing me, and somebody coming up to me with a pistol and killing me.
You have no idea what you're talking about.
http://alcoholicsvictorious.org/faq/impact.html
And what the hell are you talking about alcohol has been around for centuries.
You're acting as if guns just burst onto the scene or something.
Intent genius. You're so blind.

No, you're so ignorant.

Acting like people haven't been convicted of murder for killing somebody while driving drunk.

Anyway, I'm done here.

I've lost enough brain cells today.

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't think you have any left to lose.

Quit while you're ahead. This isn't a thread about Alcohol vs Guns

I don't think you have any left to lose.
Quit while you're ahead. This isn't a thread about Alcohol vs Guns

Its not but when things are discussed analogies are brought into the discussion.

Thinking something is stupid and doesn't make sense because it's a rebuttal to argument, childish...

Fact of the matter is in according to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration 32,885 people died in traffic crashes in 2010 in the United States, including an estimated 10,228 people who died in drunk driving crashes, accounting for 31% of all traffic deaths last year.

On the other hand, there were 12,996 murders in the US. Of those, 8,775 were caused by firearms.

More people died on account of drunk driving than of a gun.

Killing someone while driving drunk = murder/manslaughter. You made the decision to impair yourself and then hop in a vehicle. Whether premeditated or not it is still murder/manslaughter.

Someone already said it, outlaw guns and only the outlaws will have them. Smoking pot is illegal, how many people do you know that smoke. Underage drinking is illegal, how many people do you know that drank while under 21. Bottom line, if someone wants to take you out, they'll take you out. Guns are not necessary, bombs can be made with household items. This whole knee-jerk reaction on gun control is ridiculous because in the end, all you're going to do is take the guns out of the hands of the law abiding citizens.

honestly, if someone was trying to kill as many people as possible in a single incident, a pistol, rifle, or shotgun (single shot or select fire) is a pretty inefficient method. Taking the Aurora incident as an example, over 50 people were shot, 12 died. Thats a 24% kill rate. Before Tim McVeigh and 9/11, the largest mass murder in US history was committed by 1 man and $1 worth of gasoline.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Happy_Land_fire

Last edited:
i posted this in the last gun thread.

for those arguing FOR guns, if you were to get into an argument and it got physical (pushing/shoving/punches thrown) would it be appropriate to pull your gun out? what course of action would you take while your gun is on you?

really just curious. a lot of you guys make good points for both sides.

Back
Top Bottom