IT (The Clown) - Out September 8th

Surprised how empty the theater was when I went Thursday night. Damn near had a whole row to ourselves.

saw it today. pretty good. wasnt scary but more just creepy. the kids were funny as hell

i loved the "gazebo" line :lol:

Just came back ....bruh *tears* it lived up to the hype. I was super excited when this movie was announced, and it didn't let me down. This was such a fun movie.

It was like Stranger Things + The Goonies + Stand By Me + Insidious + a little bit of Scooby Doo (minus the dog) :lol:

Last edited:
i thought it was better than the original part A. georgie scene was well done. i thought they should have killed off one of the loser kids....
part 2 will do even better. i wonder who plays the kids. this being a huge hit they should push to get this out next year i'm sure they are already doing casting. we are adults watching this, so the scare wasnt that great, but kids 8-13 range will be scared of this movie moreso than anything recently done.

My and my woman's children were terrified, but they enjoyed it. A lot of faces hidden in shirts. I liked it a lot more than I thought I would. Definitely outdid the original. Looking forward to chapter 2.

Movie was worth every penny. No pun intended. Enjoyed the hell out of it everyone in the theater was into it and every show was selling out. Well done they got it right. Didn't know Fukunaga was one of the writers that wrote the screenplay

Georgie was completely devoured by Pennywise...completely...
If I'm not mistaken, some of those things floating in the air were limbs and such, not just bodies. The explanation of whether or not some of those kids were still 'alive' in comparison to Beverly, I'm not sure...
Beverly was hypnotize because she was scared not IT.. She already killed her biggest fear.. her dad.. The reason why she didn't float that high was that she believes that the entire loser club will save her.. because of her vision she saw them battling pennywise 27 years later (imo)

Mike Hanlon, the black kid in Stephen King’s ‘It,’ has a really good backstory. The movie erased it.
https://mic.com/articles/184292/mik...good-backstory-the-movie-erased-it#.R55kavZWi
MzNhMWE3YmY5OCMvSjRMN3BlSmcyYkYtclBwUXJxMEJlYXphU2NFPS8xNHgwOjkwOHg1MDMvODAweDQ1MC9maWx0ZXJzOmZvcm1hdChqcGVnKTpxdWFsaXR5KDgwKS9odHRwczovL3MzLmFtYXpvbmF3cy5jb20vcG9saWN5bWljLWltYWdlcy9hYW50Y2NpNWJhdDgwYmdhZ21sNXl1bHluMm12MTlpZnBjYms0ZHNtdWc3dDJpc2V5bWdhYzV2Mm02bjJoa2w2LmpwZw.jpg

In the film, Mike barely has any lines. The role of group historian has been taken from him and given to a white character instead. He still gets targeted by Henry Bowers, but gone is the racial subtext that made the experience so entwined with Derry’s history of violence. His blackness seems largely incidental. And as a result, the film never has to address the messy topic of race or how it informs the lone black character’s life.

It would be one thing to gripe about this for failing to stay faithful to the novel — which probably would have been impossible anyway, gargantuan as the novel is. But by turning Mike into a token instead of a person, the filmmakers did a greater disservice. They robbed audiences of one of the more intriguing black characters in modern horror history.

Beverly smashing the whole squad makes no damn sense. Unless she was a thot in the book

Back
Top Bottom