Isnt it kinda crazy seeing your homeboys playing on TV?

lebron-james-yankees-game-8.jpg

Although we weren't BOYS it is kinda weird...not as much as it used to be. What was more wild was watching this dudes house get built.

Originally Posted by Bastitch

Originally Posted by ady2glude707

Not a homie, but someone I know and went to school with, CC Sabathia and all this 7yr.160 mil going to the yankees %*+ is just WOWWWWW

Yeah, I'm not "his boy" or anything. I haven't seen him in a couple years, since I ran into him and a bunch of mutual friends at a local 24 Hour Fitness.

I was the catcher on 3 Babe Ruth all star teams with C.C., as well as played with him at random tournaments. It was crazy when he was drafted, and even crazier when he signed his second contract after his rookie contract. This whole Yankees thing is just mind-blowing.

My wife went to junior high and high school with C.C., and in one of her yearbooks from junior high, C.C. wrote, "Here's my signature for when I'm famous."

He knew back then.
Yea him and other dudes would practice writing their signatures in class during the lectures, wasnt the smartest cat but definitely a good guy

^jsindaA....yea Lebron, Maverick and Randy was mad cool back when. They used to come along on HOV shows in the summertime b4 all the hype, that's how I metthem.

Yea because I didn't play college ball (more a lack of opportunity than talent), but I see my dudes who went d1 tearing it up and laugh because when theycome back home, they still can't %#%* with me, but I couldn't even get a damn d2 look after the coach knew I was eating up his "star"recruits, he just banned them from playing pickup in the fitness center so they wouldn't embarass themsevles and the programs by losing to normies.Anyways, I am still happy for them, but I'm just saying, I get a bit salty.

Originally Posted by doyung9

- Not a "homie" but I guarded D.J. Augustin for 3/4 of a high school game during his last season in Louisiana. The season before Katrina. Let's just say the highlight of it was that he only made NBA 3's and that my ankles are still intact.

What HS you went to?

I dont really know cat but Brian Mitchell married a cousin of mine

Originally Posted by LongRange3Ball

went to high school with darren collison and jeff pendergraph... maybe i'll see one of them on TV playing in the NBA one day.

it was pretty crazy to see those guys playing D1 ball on FSN/ESPN though. i'd tell my dorm mates "i went to high school with that guy."
you went to etiwanda high? you know dave carter too then? i just realized that's him in the pic down there. haha

seeing someone you know be on the receiving end of a poster on sportcenter's top 10.
340x.jpg

poor mark..
embarassed.gif

im not buddies with the guy, but a friend of mine is the number 2 or 3 fb in the nation for high school, he just shattered pretty much every rushing record insan diego and won cif yesterday. watching him on tv is like watching a grown man playing with kids.

i know, man. watchin' my boy get a nike contract for track (tried to get the foams through him, but to no avail)

and watchin' a quasi-teammate win multiple medals in beijing (btw walter dix is a cool dude)

off topic but...

i remember watchin' kenny phillips (giants safety) high jumpin' in high school and thinkin' to myself that homie is an natural athlete

oh, and i think i had a meteorology class with the homie that played for FSU and got drafted by the lakers. don't remember his name, but all the athletescheated pretty hard, so i guess that counts. lol.

He wasn't my homeboy, but it's wild when its somebody you used to play ball against back in middle school on TV (Kevin Durant)

Back
Top Bottom