Isnt it kinda crazy seeing your homeboys playing on TV?

Originally Posted by Bastitch

Originally Posted by ady2glude707

Not a homie, but someone I know and went to school with, CC Sabathia and all this 7yr.160 mil going to the yankees %*+ is just WOWWWWW

Yeah, I'm not "his boy" or anything. I haven't seen him in a couple years, since I ran into him and a bunch of mutual friends at a local 24 Hour Fitness.

I was the catcher on 3 Babe Ruth all star teams with C.C., as well as played with him at random tournaments. It was crazy when he was drafted, and even crazier when he signed his second contract after his rookie contract. This whole Yankees thing is just mind-blowing.

My wife went to junior high and high school with C.C., and in one of her yearbooks from junior high, C.C. wrote, "Here's my signature for when I'm famous."

He knew back then.

you werent seeing pg county babe ruth all stars though ... me and brett cecil roomed togetehr an di went out with his sister

- Not a "homie" but I guarded D.J. Augustin for 3/4 of a high school game during his last season in Louisiana. The season before Katrina. Let'sjust say the highlight of it was that he only made NBA 3's and that my ankles are still intact.

I like it. It's great inspiration for me. Plus, it's always cool to see the homies shine. Having a successful circle of friends and associates=
pimp.gif

It's insane, I couldn't be more proud of those guys

I grew up playing ball with Coye, sounds like he's going to get drafted
340x.jpg

Also with this dude, I still can't believe I see him on TV catching passes from Tebow
610x.jpg

it is kinda crazy, I got a few friends that play in the pros. The closest person would be from my high school of McCaskey and I used to ball with him. Kriswilson. He played 3 years with chiefs, then eagles picked him up now chargers. He got playin time and tds for the chiefs nothin from the others..

Mardy collins was my good friend dustin salisburys roommate at temple. I played madden and got drunk with him many times.
Perry patterson also went to mccaskey and was starting qb for syracuse for 3 years. Hes trying arena league now.
J.R smith. Im not really close to him, i worked with his cousin and had dinner with him and the family a few times and played ball at his grandmas house beforehe went pro.

I know a few others that played for d1 colleges that were on but no more in the pros.

i have a friend that plays bball for Iowa. seen him in the highlights on espn and thought it was pretty crazy. never thought i would see someone i grew up withon espn.

Not a homie, but someone I know and went to school with, CC Sabathia and all this 7yr.160 mil going to the yankees %*+ is just WOWWWWW

Yeah, I'm not "his boy" or anything. I haven't seen him in a couple years, since I ran into him and a bunch of mutual friends at a local 24 Hour Fitness.

I was the catcher on 3 Babe Ruth all star teams with C.C., as well as played with him at random tournaments. It was crazy when he was drafted, and even crazier when he signed his second contract after his rookie contract. This whole Yankees thing is just mind-blowing.

My wife went to junior high and high school with C.C., and in one of her yearbooks from junior high, C.C. wrote, "Here's my signature for when I'm famous."

He knew back then.
My friend did the same thing, or similar, but is still in the minors.
frown.gif

He knew back then.
laugh.gif
i wanna see that year book
laugh.gif

i know a kid that starts for davidson but get no shine whats so ever.
laugh.gif
they show Curry's mom more than they say his name
laugh.gif

Its not that weird as is used to be. My cousin play bball for BC, a few of my boys play D1 ball and My dude from HS plays for the Bulls.

its good to finally see my brother get his chance and do a lil shining.

s3lm6p.jpg

jqm4jb.jpg

pimp.gif

but the groupie love is def appreciated
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by RetroBaller

He knew back then.
laugh.gif
i wanna see that year book
laugh.gif

i know a kid that starts for davidson but get no shine whats so ever.
laugh.gif
they show Curry's mom more than they say his name
laugh.gif
Was he there when Brenden Winters was there?

He knew back then.

eek.gif
pimp.gif

i always forget hes from out here.

Yeah, its pretty crazy, especially if you've know the people for a long time. For example, I knew Austin Croshere, currently with the Warriors, when hewas a goofy 13 year old. There was no way that anyone was thinking he'd make the NBA at that time. He was barely an all-star for Boys Club biddybasketball. To have him going nuts in the NCAA tournament for Providence just a few years later was insane. Then he wound up playing in the NBA finalsagainst the Lakers for the Pacers. That was also bizarre.

Its been a pretty big year for a couple of guys I hung out with in college. Michael Young for the Rangers had the winning sacrifice fly in the MLB all-stargame this year and Jazon Lezak was the guy that saved Michael Phelps quest for 8 medals in the relay. Really wierd to see both of those guys doing big thingsconsidering how many times I partied with them.

Seeing the homie Roy Morris playing for USD in the tournament a few years back was pretty dope.

Now he's overseas playing in Chile.

The homies hit me up that he got youtube highlights from his games in Chile.
pimp.gif

went to high school with darren collison and jeff pendergraph... maybe i'll see one of them on TV playing in the NBA one day.

it was pretty crazy to see those guys playing D1 ball on FSN/ESPN though. i'd tell my dorm mates "i went to high school with that guy."

When D. McNabb 1st went to the NFL he came on the block and showed off his 4.6 Range Rover.
It was crazy @ 1st when Corey Magette and Q.Rich went pro, but then it just seemed like everybody was going to the NBA.

Andre Brown
D. Wade
Will Bynum
Shannon Brown
Reggie Hayward (NFL)
Twan Randle El..coulda went to the NBA
Melvin Ely
Napo Harris idk if still play football but coulda went to NBA as well

Originally Posted by KwestMajik

Its not that weird as is used to be. My cousin play bball for BC, a few of my boys play D1 ball and My dude from HS plays for the Bulls.

Whos your cousin...if you don't mind me asking...

Originally Posted by itsphillthy

Its only weird when your homeboy gets out there and starts effing up after you been big uppin him all pregame...that's happened several times that I've watched my boys play D1.

One of the folks did do his thing in the Super Bowl though, and Dru Gooden stay getn dunked on.

Yup...

We was never tight, but cool, yea. Ill still say whatup to Jay Worilds - #6 DE on VT if I see him around town durin breaks and whatnot.

Went to the same HS together in Jersey. Had a forced fumble towards the end of the VT/BC game last week that led to a TD...
smokin.gif

Also,

My girlfriend's cousin was a RB for ND up until last season, transferred to Delaware this year. Junior Jabbie. My dude, I was at his crib onThanksgiving...Was pretty dope seein him on tv every week...

Back
Top Bottom