Is your city being overun by a onslaught of Vans?

born and raised in sf
live in oakland
sf to oakland is just a 5 minute train ride under the bay

I knew they close, didnt know you from sf tho thought you originally from oakland. Thought you rocking with the giants cuz theyve won some chips recently :lol:

I knew they close, didnt know you from sf tho thought you originally from oakland. Thought you rocking with the giants cuz theyve won some chips recently :lol:
nah
i go hard for my sf teams
if i still supported the nfl
u would see me in the sf niners or nfl thread
ask about me
#ninergangbangbangbang

im not rooting for the warriors when they cross that the bridge
to go to sf
still feel a ways about the niners going to weak *** santa clara

Between 2 to 3 years ago. Vans took over my area with the 15-30 year olds. Vans,Adidas (Shell Toes,smith,trainers),AJ 1,s took over. AJ 1,s not so much because of the price point and also because of there availability. But i see them from time to time. Not so much as i do Vans and adidas.

Plain is why people like them and why they look great with a lot of casual clothes. Someone mentioned before but they're also good because there aren't big logos like a swoosh or three stripes.

What I hate is how my authentics and old skools came with laces that were way too long. They were old pairs so I dunno if it's still like that. The laces on my veggie tans seem good.
the laces are still like that, had to give away a pair of brand new authentics cause I forgot how long they were since I bought them like the year before and never wore them :lol:

I can't remember a time when people didn't wear Vans. They've been popular throughout the US and many European countries for a long time. OP just finally stepped out of his 2 block radius

Vans were always skater shoe. Nobody in the 90s out west was wearing. Shoe look like a skate board

Vans were always skater shoe. Nobody in the 90s out west was wearing. Shoe look like a skate board

Are you kidding me? All my white friends from jr. High had them. Remember grunge music? That brand shoe was part of their uniform, lol.

More grunge cats was sporting cons homie.
Vans was for the skater dudes.
Imo lil Wayne did more for vans than CA

Must be a regional thing because I saw many in jr high (93-96) and in HS (97-99).

Lil Wayne?.....now your just trolling, lol.

Not sure what year your graduated HS or what part of CA youre from but sk8 hi were as prevalent as chucks if not more so in that scene. You may be more referring to the punk scene?

i was rocking the authentics in my early 20's(about 10 years ago) thinking about pulling the trigger on my first pair of sk8er hi s next week. everybody and they mama wear them in LA never seen nobody in the chi wearing them until i visited a few weeks ago.

in 2017 I don't see what ostensibly kick off this run of sk8 Hi's wit da youth/broads in NYC...im receptive to hear ya theories/hypothesis
IMO, it is because skateboarding is very trendy now within the non-skater crowd. An example is these models wearing thrasher shirts, etc. that i'm sure have never ridden a skateboard and have no business wearing a thrasher shirt. Skateboarding popularity with the masses goes in cycles, we are just at a high point in one of those cycles.

Vans always make a mainstream comeback every few years. It's usually 1 style that the "trendy crowd' rock.
When the Vans song by the Pack came out it was Slip-Ons. A few years after that when slimmer jeans became popular it was Authentics/Eras. Then when the whole skinny jeans with hightop shoes was a thing it was the Sk8-Hi. A few years after that the Half Cab caught on strong. Now we are seeing the Old Skool leading the movement.

its more sk8 hi's in NYC than anything else, if i had a gun pointed at me to rock a pair i think id be partial to half cabs.

i dont even do it cuz skate board culture is completely alien to me, and id feel like a fraud :lol:

oh...and those thrasher magazine shirts... don't get me started :lol: :lol:

Back
Top Bottom