Is your city being overun by a onslaught of Vans?

i mean i blinked one day and all of a sudden, NYC is awash of Sk8 hi Vans :lol:

and i know its a recent trend cuz i used to sell these joints at Journeys a decade ago, and da demographic that used to copped em would have em in various states of obliteration, and other than that it was quiet for em.

there was a lil run with da checked slip on 2008-2009, but this is alot bigger fad, and getting a lil too protracted to not pique my curiosity.

what got these poppin with da great unwashed masses?

I remember when Vans and American Eagle, Hollister & Aeropostale hit the hood in 06/07 :smh:. Cargo pants, wallet chain...Aero hoodie and a Scully rolled up |l.

But yeah. Vans been "back" now for the last 2 years. Supreme and FOG collabs helped. Also making better qualities. Also, PacSun resurgance has Vans popping again in my demo.

They're cheap, look good with casual clothes, and look good beat up. Also surprisingly durable. Still have 2 pairs of authentics I bought 9 years ago and wear a lot.

Partner an Iconic shoe with an "influencer".....and flourish. Weather it's Kanye & Pharrell with Adidas. Jerry Lorenzo wit with Vans. Or Ian Connor/Asap and them with Vlone. That's the key.

IMG_9257.JPG

Lavar needs to send Ian Connor some BBBs :lol:

Might as well bring back Vision Street Wears. Don't see the big deal with those Vans... too plain and swagless.

53c1fe5f653720e97d924dbf1350282f.jpg

Charcoal%20Vision%20Street%20Wear%20suede%20hi%20VMH2FW102%20Leather%20and%20Man-Made%20Materials_LRG.jpg

Vans popped off with and stuck with a few of my friends when the pack had that vans onbut they look like sneakers song. Not my steeze but more power to them.

Yeah in Cali, Vans been around. It's just within the last many or so years, black people have started wearing vans. ****** just used to wear forces or chucks.

Been rocking the vans since I was a young lad. Live in Cali.

Those and some fresh pair of 508 Levi's :pimp: can't forget about the chucks as well.

NY finally saw the light :pimp: versatile shoe

Even the flashy dudes & broads mixing it up now from the normal Jay's and loud designer kicks

Yeah in Cali, Vans been around. It's just within the last many or so years, black people have started wearing vans. ****** just used to wear forces or chucks.

lol that's what I mean.. latinos and black people weren't really rocking with Vans before then. I remember the first cat who walked into school with a pair of checkered slip ons freshman year of HS.. pro club and some 501's. :lol:

this
i stay with an all black pair of them regular low ones with the show laces
don't know what they're called
nice for like semi formal stuff
when i don't wanna wear dress shoes

I see a lot of people wear Vans with Black Crew Cut socks at the gym around my area.

Back
Top Bottom