is Vista really that bad? Windows 7??

....i ask because im currently building a PC. ive have the case, motherboard, processor, power unit, dvd drive. but still need an operating system. while i useVista every now and then on my wife's school laptop, ive yet to run into the problems i keep hearing about.

- i watched a few videos on Windows 7 last night and from what i could gather it appears the Windows 7 is the same thing just as Vista just a dumbed downversion. it seemed like some of the more common sense features they were advertising about Windows 7, Vista has already, but i guess most folks didnt knowabout it.....am i wrong?

- what i do know is, when Microsoft comes out with a new OS so close to the last one its usually due to some major issues....or maybe even just backlash fromconsumers.

- at any rate id like to know from some of you what you think about the Vista -> Windows 7 thing?

I've used Vista and it's a nice OS, but unless something is substantially better than XP Pro, I'm not upgrading. Been hearing a lot of good thingsabout Windows 7 from a lot of tech sites, so I may jump, especially because it does have an (albeit limited) XP mode.

I've yet to get a clear answer other than just update to 7. I run vista now and have no problems. Besides pages "snapping" or whatever thatmeans, i haven't seen that much of a difference.

we've been on the Windows 7 beta for months, and just got the RTM version this week.

everything about Windows 7 is miles better than Vista and even XP.

get Windows 7.

I run Vista and I am on my computer 8-9 hours a day doing a variety of things (I work out of my home), and have never had an issue.

I haven't really read up on Windows 7... but I imagine you can get Vista cheaper now, I'd suggest that.

Vista's not as bad as people make it out to be.

The thing with Vista is that you have to do a lot of tweaks and configuration with it so that it works to your liking [i.e. no more permission popups, defenderpopups, etc]. For the most part, a lot of the tweaks are very easy to do and you can just Google the things you want to fix and you'll find a lot of thesolutions/fixes right away [with step by step instructions].

However, if you can get Windows 7 then by all means get it. It is definitely superior to Vista.

Windows is Windows
ohwell.gif

I haven't had any problems with Vista

I have the windows 7 beta on my laptop and I see no reason to upgrade to Vista yet

nothing wrong with Vista like someone else said if you have 256mb of ram then you might have some problems. I have it on my dell xps 1530 and have 3gigs of ramnever had any issues with it.

I HATE when you are installing or opening a program that the screen goes dark and that box asking you if you want to accept comes up...

any way to get rid of this?

Vista=pulled off ofmarket

Microsoft is pulling a Atari supposedly by getting rid of all traces of Vista

Originally Posted by JustScoreda100

Vista only sucks if your PC has a Nvidia GPU. For some reason their drivers arent too compatible with vista.
works fine with mine..

Most complaints come from users with dated hardware. you should NOT be upgraded an os if you have 5-6 year old hardware ...

The thing with Vista is that you have to do a lot of tweaks and configuration with it so that it works to your liking [i.e. no more permission popups, defender popups, etc]. For the most part, a lot of the tweaks are very easy to do and you can just Google the things you want to fix and you'll find a lot of the solutions/fixes right away [with step by step instructions].
I think this is a pretty accurate statement. But i'd say that initially, it is a pain to get things setup if you're not computer savvy.

There are a few things that still bother me with Vista, though, that I am hoping Windows 7 will address. I can't wait to see the tablet functionality with7 too.

Originally Posted by MR MONDAY NIIGHT

Originally Posted by JustScoreda100

Vista only sucks if your PC has a Nvidia GPU. For some reason their drivers arent too compatible with vista.
works fine with mine..

Most complaints come from users with dated hardware. you should NOT be upgraded an os if you have 5-6 year old hardware ...

that's the main problem.. when people buy their NBs or desktops from places like Bestbuy.. chances are their unit is already outdated out the box.. lol

i used vista never had a problem with it other than a BSOD because of bad ram. i installed window7 its what vista was supposed to be when it launched. win7 isless of a resource hog, they changed the registry so it runs better. over all if youre building a new pc or buying one get win 7

If you're building a current system don't be stupid and get the 32 bit version of Windows 7. Make sure you get the 64 bit version.

Originally Posted by proper english

Originally Posted by HOLLAKID619

Windows is Windows
ohwell.gif

stupid..

anyway.. the little extras that Windows 7 has are really nice..

Originally Posted by daprescription

Originally Posted by HOLLAKID619

Windows is Windows
ohwell.gif
You mac fans boys are annoying (I own a mac).

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
Damn, people some things straight to the heart
laugh.gif
. Im surei've forgotten more about computers than most of you will learn. Windows is Windows. Underneath all that glitter is the saaaame skeleton. I dont wannaturn this into a Mac vs PC thread, theres enough of those. Ive used Vista since the release, then i used the windows 7 beta. Seen one Windows OS, seen 'emall. Dont get it twisted tho, PCs are perfect for most people, I just prefer one over the other.

Back
Top Bottom