Is there any worse stretch of road than 495 MD/VA? vol. work commute

101 during the mornings and rush hours (5-7pm) is a nightmare. It can take up to an hour and a half to get from San Mateo to Downtown... a 20 minute drive any other time.

Worst traffic experience ever was taking the 5 from Burbank to the 10 to get to Claremont. 4 hours.
indifferent.gif

101 during the mornings and rush hours (5-7pm) is a nightmare. It can take up to an hour and a half to get from San Mateo to Downtown... a 20 minute drive any other time.

Worst traffic experience ever was taking the 5 from Burbank to the 10 to get to Claremont. 4 hours.
indifferent.gif

Originally Posted by 703 Hwy

66/295/495 Forget about it in the morning/evening.... Wherever you going leave 2hrs early and still cross your fingers. That's why I happily take the metro, I've never understood why people have such disgust for the metro and they've never been on it. Yes, it's public transportation but you gotta take the good with the bad and it really isn't that bad.
I was 30 mins late to my interview because of ++%@%@#!!#$#% traffic
mad.gif
.  A 45 min trip to VA took 2 hours...

Originally Posted by 703 Hwy

66/295/495 Forget about it in the morning/evening.... Wherever you going leave 2hrs early and still cross your fingers. That's why I happily take the metro, I've never understood why people have such disgust for the metro and they've never been on it. Yes, it's public transportation but you gotta take the good with the bad and it really isn't that bad.
I was 30 mins late to my interview because of ++%@%@#!!#$#% traffic
mad.gif
.  A 45 min trip to VA took 2 hours...

That's why I would rather just live in town even though rent is TOO DAMN HIGH. I can't deal with 495, 66, 50 and 395. They are all hell to go through rush hour.

I would rather bike everywhere in town or ride the metro. I'm sure it ends up being cheaper in the long run than paying for gas for a car that is stuck in traffic most of the time.

That's why I would rather just live in town even though rent is TOO DAMN HIGH. I can't deal with 495, 66, 50 and 395. They are all hell to go through rush hour.

I would rather bike everywhere in town or ride the metro. I'm sure it ends up being cheaper in the long run than paying for gas for a car that is stuck in traffic most of the time.

Originally Posted by enlightenedespot

Fun fact: Muncaster Mill is the most dangerous road in MoCo. Bel Pre/Layhill is the most dangerous intersection.
interesting...
i'm starting my new job on monday making the commute from greenbelt to arundel mills smh... i'm gonna be going the opposite way of traffic on bw pkwy (295) apparently

pimp.gif

Fun fact: Muncaster Mill is the most dangerous road in MoCo. Bel Pre/Layhill is the most dangerous intersection.
interesting...
i'm starting my new job on monday making the commute from greenbelt to arundel mills smh... i'm gonna be going the opposite way of traffic on bw pkwy (295) apparently

pimp.gif

OP. I think you live in MoCo and on the red line the metro comes every 2 mins on the weekdays. Paying 20+ dollars a week is worth it, plus gas money is worse.

I can't, I work out in stupid Sterling, no metro close enough. Commuting from MoCo to Sterling is atrocious.
30t6p3b.gif

OP. I think you live in MoCo and on the red line the metro comes every 2 mins on the weekdays. Paying 20+ dollars a week is worth it, plus gas money is worse.

I can't, I work out in stupid Sterling, no metro close enough. Commuting from MoCo to Sterling is atrocious.
30t6p3b.gif

Yall DMV cats is something else. Yall been working on that stretch of road for 20 years!!! S__ts disgustin.

Yall DMV cats is something else. Yall been working on that stretch of road for 20 years!!! S__ts disgustin.

Originally Posted by finnns2003

30t6p3b.gif

Good luck breh, immature say a prayer for you. If you leave for work at 4am and home at 8pm you'll be good
pimp.gif
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom