Is "The Wire" worth watching?

Is it worth it to watch all the seasons of "The Wire" on netflix?

• Yes, Its awesome.

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • No, find something better to do.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Season 2 wasn't as weak as some of yall are making it out to be. Personally, I thought season 5 was the weakest. Seeing Scott win a prize for his fake work had me >:

Had me the ultimate amount of heated. Seeing Duke put that needle in his arm though :smh:

Different genre obviously, but is it better than The Walking Dead? 
Yes. Reasons why include strong character development and great writing. The Walking Dead dropped the ball on both this past season. Season 2 was so bad, that I will not watch Season 3.

I enjoyed every season, every episode, every character was so well written and acted
Best tv show ever easily

but if i had to rank the seasons 4>3>1>2>5

about 2 months ago i finished the wire, haven't watched a single episode since, but it's still a good show.  check it out.
Season 2 sucked
don't listen to these funny guys.  season 2 didnt suck, it was amazing. the greek?  that dude is gully on an international level.  he's boss-status to the max.  

but sopranos, by all accounts, is the greater of the two and by a sizable margin i might add

coach molinaro >> horse face

Season 2 wasn't as weak as some of yall are making it out to be. Personally, I thought season 5 was the weakest. Seeing Scott win a prize for his fake work had me >:

Agreed, I enjoyed 5 the least relative to the other four seasons.

If I had to rank them: 3 > 1 > 4 > 2 > 5

Last edited:
I dont see what dudes like about breaking bad I watched the first season and some episodes of season 2 and still dont feel like watching another episode

Top 5 shows of all time. Worth more than one watch. So many characters and storylines. Takes time for it to build up but it's a great watch.

just found this "Don’t Expect To See ‘The Wire’ Stream On Netflix Anytime Soon: HBO Now Refusing to Sell Netflix Their DVDs"

link

Please let me know if this is resolved buying the dvds are literally my last option

aka I have the attention span of a 7 yr. old w/ ADHD.

Slow paced? Definitely. Calling it boring after 7 episodes tells me more about you than the show...

*steps off soapbox*

The hell you getting offensive about? From the 7 episodes I watched, nothing appealing occurred at all. I probably didn't give the show a proper chance, but from the episodes in season 1, the story line was pretty much Mcnulty and the narcotics police trying to crack the same case, where they made progress at the speed of a snail. At least in Breaking Bad your all the details within the first 2-3 episodes, and from then on each episode brings something absolutely new and unpredictable to the table, where you literally feel the need to know what's gonna happen in the next episode.

Whatever, everyone has different preferences, but IMO Breaking Bad>The Wire.

Big J, I agree, the overall dynamics of the shows are completely different. But from a macro perspective, they both focus on the topics of drug investigation and the relationship between corruption and success.

Last edited:
Im gonna give this show another chance though and hopefully I find it better than the first time around.

Last edited:
Just finished season 3 and i found it to be the worst out of the first three seasons.

Just finished season 3 and i found it to be the worst out of the first three seasons.

i just started the first season because NT always praises this but so far i'm underhwhelmed. its interesting but i feel like its one of those shows you have to really invest in which i plan on doing since breaking bad is on a hiatus

Back
Top Bottom