IS NIKETALK NEW LAYOUT TRASH???? THREAD

IS THE LAYOUT TRASH

• Total voters
Untitled.png
should be on the main page next to thread title

Hey everyone, thanks for your patience. We decided to make the site live and make the final configurations on the fly so you wouldn't be staring at a maintenance screen all night - so don't freak out. It's not 100% finished yet. We will, of course, have forum selections through the navigation menu as we did before and we're going to fix the emoji issues.

The update required a data migration to a new, rebuilt version of the software platform, then all the customization has to be added and the site has to be configured. It's a lot of work and it takes a long time.

So instead of just giving you a boring maintenance screen, we thought you'd have a lot more fun talking trash about what we've spent the better part of the year working on before it's even finished installing.

When it's in a more complete state, I'll add a proper introduction thread with an overview of the new features - many of which you've already noticed.

Need to change the color scheme back to black & red. Grey wash just looks weird. Other than that it’s aight.
Don't-Panic.jpg

Somehow runs choppy on my ipad now
If you have a low powered device, you may find that the "OG" theme option runs more smoothly as it has fewer visual effects.

I don’t know why the default isn’t “OG”. IDK I’m not feeling it functionality-wise but I think the backend loading seems to be performing a lot better.

Ads are all over the place on mobile. Can we please get a subscription service to get rid of ads? I want the site to be healthy monetarily and will gladly pay a small fee to browse without all these ridiculous ads.
The default isn't OG because red text on a black background isn't WCAG compliant. The default theme needs to be accessible. Red text on a black background isn't readable to those with certain forms of colorblindness.

The ad layout isn't finalized at this moment, but there is an ad free subscription option: https://niketalk.com/account/upgrades

Bro this thing is half cooked...features are popping up and disappearing
As explained above, we're still configuring the site. We decided to let you post during that process because the site is more usable in this state than it is locked down, and it's stable enough to allow live posting.

Many of the things being complained about will be fixed within 24 hours, and other issues will be polished over time.

If you need something to do while you wait, go back and read the threads created when we relaunched on our current platform, which everyone shockingly hated compared to Huddler, or when we first moved to Huddler, which everyone shockingly hated compared to Yuku, or when we first moved to Yuku, which everyone shockingly hated compared to ezboard.

3500x7000px-LL-095bb80a_NTfrontpagecirca2000.png

Perfection.

The default isn't OG because red text on a black background isn't WCAG compliant. The default theme needs to be accessible. Red text on a black background isn't readable to those with certain forms of colorblindness.

The ad layout isn't finalized at this moment, but there is an ad free subscription option: https://niketalk.com/account/upgrades

Ah I understand. That makes sense for accessibility.

And thank you for adding the ability to purchase an ad free experience!

Back
Top Bottom