Is Nike no longer as cool as it used to be?

I know people like to keep their timbs fresh but if I wear them in the snow and rain then they’ll get some good wear on them.

ASICS been killin it out here heavy. They’ve always had a following but man I see more ASICS and NB on feet than Nike.

Nike has another monster to deal with.

Granted, Nike ain’t going nowhere. Their catalog is amazing. But they not the end all be all right now.

They got complacent and greedy.

This!

This happened back in 2015-2018 when Nike came off of a very successful run (2008-2013), and then as you perfectly stated they did what they did and look what happened. Adidas had a great run with the boost, NMD, Dame 2, and YZY.

Don’t get me wrong, the Sabrina line is nice, the last few Bron and KD kicks are nice, and of course Nike retro and Jordan Retro gonna do what they do, but these are different times we are in and I love it.

Dare I say also “we” have simply gotten older & maturer with our taste? With the exception of copping retro gems?

All in on the NERF KD IV knowing damn well I may hardly wear them.

Last edited:
Everywhere i go where nike was mostly what I would see, I now see every brand imaginable. And again it seems comfort is really a top consideration over cool. Why that ugly Vomero to is going well. My closet is no longer Nike dominated.

Their athletes are meh and most signature shoes are ugly to me.

As a vapormax collector and fan, they blew it. Each year got worse and the sole redesign made it less comfy. What we asked for in that thread rarely happened. What we got wa ugly colorways, no more collabs and again a worse redesign.

Hi y’all. Can you help settle a debate for me?

I told a friend that Nike was no longer the cool hype must have sneaker brand among Gen Z (and in general.)

I told him other brands (imo like ASICS) have overtaken them in coolness with the current generation. I also pointed out that the past several Jordan releases have sold out while other brands are selling out and more sought after.

IMO gen z doesn’t really **** with Nike.

As a counter my friend said all of his Gen Z neighbors are still crazy about Dunks and Nike is still as cool and hype as it always has been. He also stated Nike’s earnings are the same which is actual evidence.

But idk. IMO the vibes are down. It’s not the same.

So what do y’all think?
Everything flows. Nike might not be as cool as it was, but they'll be back. They always are. There is a reason they are "Nike"

Nike also did themselves in when they stopped messing with local mom and pop shops and only mess with big chains and boutique stores. Miss going to mom and pop shops and negotiating on multiple pairs. The few mom and pop shops that are still around carry new balance and ASICS heavy tho
Completely agree with this. Don't get the same brand experience.

ASICS been killin it out here heavy. They’ve always had a following but man I see more ASICS and NB on feet than Nike.

Granted, Nike ain’t going nowhere. Their catalog is amazing. But they not the end all be all right now.

Love my Gel-NYCs

Dare I say also “we” have simply gotten older & maturer with our taste? With the exception of copping retro gems?

All in on the NERF KD IV knowing damn well I may hardly wear them.
Idk man, it's a tough call since I like wearing dunks and J1's still, but they really do hurt my feet now that I'm in my late 30's. I have the move all day insoles that helps some, but maybe I got spoiled from wearing boost in UBs and Yeezys. I haven't yet gotten a pair of Hoka's, NBs, or On, but I do see them on feet a lot where I live. Maybe I'll come around to em and try one day, but the problem is that my nike, JB, adidas rotation that I have is going to last me a while.

I'm not mad at Nike for retroing some classic cw's on older models like the grinches, bruce lees, wtk 8's, nerfs, weathermans, and galaxies. I say keep doing that so I don't have to spend a buttload on resell for stuff that I've always wanted and passed on it. Not to mention the fact that there's bound to be separation issues on older shoes and/or crumbling

**** is nuts how many ASICS runners I see daily in nyc. Never in my life would I think they would be this popular.

This **** will be just like boost is life and everyone talking about comfort.

**** is all a cycle.

Vomero's dropped five years ago and nobody wanted them, but now they're hot.

Most customers don't know what they want, they're just sheep who follow along with what the masses do. They see "influencers' wearing New Balance and Asics and they follow.

Nike is still so far ahead and dominating the market...
13470.jpeg

kids just want to stand out from the crowd and are venturing out buying alternative brands........but all them kids still have nikes in the closet though

**** is nuts how many ASICS runners I see daily in nyc. Never in my life would I think they would be this popular.

For real.

Funny thing is ASICS had a flags store near Times Square around 2009-2011 that didn’t doneell

The one in meat packing district is still going but they don’t really care in bulk what’s hot in the streets now.

I. Even wearing these a lot more than my Nikes and Jordans as of late… People really give me compliments on my 2002R’s too.
IMG_4123.jpeg

IMG_7135.jpeg

This model is the stable of DMV, but of course, I try to be somewhat different and get the black based color. Everyone has the grey pair. These are really comfortable shoes! NB is one of the few sneaker brands that are worth the money. Superb quality and they last a VERY long time. You can even put them in the washer machine and it don’t be no dole separations. They are tanks, low key.
IMG_7136.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom