Is Lebron James still the best basketball player right now?

In any era, you take the talent. You would take Draymond Green over Shaq? I’m using extreme examples to illustrate your point.

The good teams play at their pace. They can slow down the game to what they want. Pop knew Duncan was an excellent half court player on both sides, so they made all their opponents play in the half court. Duncan may not have been KG athletically, but he was certainly not a stiff.

Kobe is what he set out to be, a B-grade Jordan. Not knocking him, he’s an all-time great. But Duncan was a bigger winner than Kobe.

And speaking of their primes, which Kobe you taking? The second-banana three-peat young Kobe? How about the 35ppg barely-.500 Kobe? Gotta be the b2b Finals MVP version (despite Gasol having more win shares both seasons, and of course the aforementioned Celtics injuries undoubtedly allowing that success), right?

But Duncan, his prime was nearly his entire career. His per-36 were eerily similar throughout (sans the last two or so seasons). And considering he was winning the entire time, that’s even more impressive.

im still taking kobe. ill build around kobe rather than building around gasol in todays league. its that simple for me. im not knocking duncan. but. TRUTH BE TOLD, duncan was never THE guy in the league. and hell no... im taking shaq to bang on everyone. shaq in his prime would be a sight to see in this league. it woulda been glorious

giphy (16).gif

Of course he is.

He led that squad to the finals and stood toe to toe with a western conference all star team.

All with a freakishly destroyed hand.

It's kind of a championship

If KD felt like he could lead a team to The Finals, he would've went East 2 years ago.

He didn't want the pressure of being the guy, he said it himself, which is why he joined the team that he did.

If the East is so weak, great players would be flocking from the West to the East.

Why aren't they?

I wonder...

Anyway, the answer to the question is yes.

KD/Kawhi/AD are all up there but unless LBJ falls off a cliff next season, he's still the guy.

Last edited by a moderator:
If KD felt this way, he would've went East 2 years ago.

Matter of fact, why aren't all great players willing to head East, being as it's such a cake walk and all.

Yeah, I wonder why.

I wonder...
what are you suggesting? that theyre scared of someone in the east? lol. even rookies are out in the west doing work. and next year, if lebron stays on the cavs hes not going to the finals. thats why the topic of conversation is WHERE is he going. everyone knows how he acts when it gets too tough. and with a full strength celtics? and the 76ers? if lebron doesnt leave the cavs he doesnt even make it to conference finals

You can't be the best player in the nba and hide on defense /get picked on . Warriors were targeting bron all series . Kd>

Beating up on the east and making however many finals isn't impressive when you get your as kicked all the time when You get there

what are you suggesting? that theyre scared of someone in the east?

Wow, you're smart.

You figured it out all by yourself.

The idea that Steph Curry is leading players like George Hill and the corpse Korver to The Finals is literally one of the most braindead things you'll ever read on the internet.

If KD felt like he could lead a team to The Finals, he would've went East 2 years ago.

He didn't want the pressure of being the guy, he said it himself, which is why he joined the team that he did.

If the East is so weak, great players would be flocking from the West to the East.

Why aren't they?

I wonder...

Anyway, the answer to the question is yes.

KD/Kawhi/AD are all up there but unless LBJ falls off a cliff next season, he's still the guy.

My guy....KD led a team to a finals in the West:

-before a 21 year old Harden was even an all star. -Russ was 22, a first time All Star.
-KD his damn self just turned 22.
-And they back swept a Spurs team that was 10-0 in the playoffs before losing 4 straight.

If you think a Kevin Durant led team couldn’t beat the likes of the Pacers, Raptors and The Baby Celtics without their two all stars .....you’re kidding yourself.

Hell...Steph led a team to a finals win with Harrison Barnes as his 3rd option while Draymond wasn’t an all star and Klay made his first all star game in 2015.

They could ALL do it in the East. Making the finals in then East....especially when you’re the best player with the best roster for 8 years is impressive for consistency....but isn’t some ridiculous accomplishment. Most of the top 3-4 players can just get to the finals. Bron coming back from 3-1 in 2016 is what makes him special. Not just making the finals in a historically weak east over the course of 8 years.

My guy....KD led a team to a finals in the West:

My guy...what was the result of that Finals trip?

You know, the one that he was favored to win.

I forgot.

If the East was such a cake walk, players would be lining up to go there.

KD legit said "I don't want the pressure of being the guy" but you're trying to tell me he can lead a weak roster to The Finals in the East.

So, not only are you a doctor, you're a master of hypotheticals, which is ironic because that's something that LBJ haters usually can't stand.

Sorry but I'm going to agree with KD and not the guy who tried telling us all that Steph was better player than LBJ in 2016 and also that Steph was an elite defender.

Wow, you're smart.

The idea that Steph Curry is leading players like George Hill and the corpse Korver to The Finals is literally one of the most braindead things you'll ever read on the internet.
sodium levels dangerously high. players like george hill and "the corpse" of korver are the ONLY reason yall escaped a severely hobbled boston in a 7 game series tho. george hill literally stole a game from the celtics and went OFF. korver is constantly hitting big shots with little touches thanks to the cavs offense. yea he wasnt great in this finals series. but lets not pretend its lebron and some ymca hoopers

Wow, you're smart.

Steph + Love + Thompson + Korver + Hood + Clarkson + the rest of this Cavs roster would def come out the East :lol:.

This how I know you don’t pay attention. The only other team to hand this Spurs team in 2013 a loss was the Miami Heat. It took a Buzzer beating fade away 3 from Ginobili from this series not shifting 3-2 GSW. And look whose on the floor around Curry.

Jarret Jack
(Non all star) Klay Thompson
ROOKIE Harrison Barnes
Carl Landry

And this was when Steph was 23....and far from the player he is now. Under Mark Jackson too.

the ONLY reason yall

Who is "yall"? :lol:

I don't give a damn about Cleveland or the Cavs.

Steph + Love + Thompson + Korver + Hood + Clarkson + the rest of this Cavs roster would def come out the East :lol:.

Yea and if Detroit won the lottery in 2003, LBJ would have 9 Rings...

Oh wait, we don't know because that didn't happen.

crystalballwavy somehow knows that this would happen, tho.

Interesting.

@HYPR Youre a joke man :lol:.

Even the most ardent LeBron fan will tell you that the Eastern Conference is weak. Dudes aren’t scared to play in the East because of no damn LeBron. F-OH with that. Players have gone through waaay tougher matchups in the west. Like The defending champion 55 win team losing to another 55 win team in a 3-6 matchup in the first round of 2015...while a 51 win Cavs team beat a 40 win Celtics team in the same round in a 2-7 matchup.

That’s the kind of **** that goes on in the East. Hell, hear it from the players mouth themselves.

@45:35 “Gotta Love the Eastern Conference (chuckles)

And I never said Steph was an “elite defender”....but I did say he was a Good defender (which he proved this year). And I also said he was 90% (which was good enough).....which he proved this year. So yeah....maybe you SHOULD listen to me. Goofy.

Yea, I'm a joke but you're out here with your crystal ball and diagnosing professional athletes injuries from behind a computer screen.

Thanks for the laughs on this wonderful morning.

Pretty sure you also told us that Steph passed him in 2016...

You sure maybe you're not blinded by hatred?

Couldn't be, right?

Also, it's comical how some of you get so upset when certain subjects come up that you resort to personal attacks.

Goofy? Really? :lol:

That's hilarious.

Negative. Curry is my favorite player ever and I don't hype him up to be more then he is. He's a top 20 ish player of all time. Yet you bron Stans honestly think LeBron is even close to ...

Jordan. Y'all a delusional bunch.

Kd passed him up. Went to pound town on lebron two years in a row. LeBron Got picked on defensively. Big Russ ain't the best in the l anymore . Fooled by shiny stats in a weak conference.
.get over it.

Last edited:
Bron is still the best in the L. He probably just had his best individual season since Mia and played every game. He shoulders much more of the load than anyone, but of course many here don't care about context and Lebron discussions are always had in a vacuum.

I've always thought Bron and KD have been a very close 1 and 2 up until his last season in OKC where his defense took the leap and then it became essentially 1a. and 1b. Take your pick really.

Back
Top Bottom