Is Kobe is still exciting to watch?

Originally Posted by chillainvillain

Originally Posted by LuketheJediKnight

Is Kobe still exciting to watch? That's subjective, and I have no issue with someone saying yes. His fundamentals are impressive.

He is, however, among the most overrated players in history.

How?
- 81 points in a single game

- Countless game winners

- Countless clutch shots

- Broken finger

- 5 Championships

Theres PLENTY more.

So where do you rank him as a player THIS season, and historically? Once I see your answer then I'll reply.

Originally Posted by chillainvillain

Is Kobe still exciting to watch? That's subjective, and I have no issue with someone saying yes. His fundamentals are impressive.

How?

- Countless game winners

- Countless clutch shots

- Broken finger

- 5 Championships

Theres PLENTY more.

So where do you rank him as a player THIS season, and historically? Once I see your answer then I'll reply.

Originally Posted by CP1708

This thread gets better and better. 
laugh.gif

See post above.

--He's had some exciting plays this season for sure.
--Whats been more excting though as of late is Kobe breaking into the top 10 in all time scoring. Passing the Human Highlight and the Big O. And about to pass The Dream.

--In no way is he MVP status this season though. But he is capable of carrying the Lakers or taking over games if needed.
--As the thread goes on, its just blind hate again for Mamba.
--In what way is he overrated LuketheJediKnight? Nice SN BTW.

--He's had some exciting plays this season for sure.
--Whats been more excting though as of late is Kobe breaking into the top 10 in all time scoring. Passing the Human Highlight and the Big O. And about to pass The Dream.

--In no way is he MVP status this season though. But he is capable of carrying the Lakers or taking over games if needed.
--As the thread goes on, its just blind hate again for Mamba.
--In what way is he overrated LuketheJediKnight? Nice SN BTW.

Originally Posted by Refuse2Lose24

ive heard it all.. will bynum is more exciting then kobe.. beyond suspect.. u dudes just hate kobe point blank.. hes showed you about 3-5 different brands of basketball.. but u like watchin jr smith shoot 35 footers and throwing up signs is more exciting then kobe. or joe johnson shooting jumpers or baron davis limping on one leg and giving half and effort every night for the past 3-5 years. comedy at its finest. to this day I will never understand why people will do anything to throw kobe under the bus. dude has put in so much work on his game and is heads and above pretty much everybody this dude mentioned. he has his flaws but not exciting.. comedy.

But to each there own everybody has there own opinion and you seem to stand by it so i give you props on that.

Why does that have to mean I hate Kobe. I have said many times on NT that I don't dislike any professional athlete unlike the rest of you. These dudes have never done anything to me so what reason do I have to hate them. Just funny I am accused of hating Kobe when people get on me for how much I take up and like Kobe. I just understand what I like to see and he no longer has it.

Originally Posted by Refuse2Lose24

ive heard it all.. will bynum is more exciting then kobe.. beyond suspect.. u dudes just hate kobe point blank.. hes showed you about 3-5 different brands of basketball.. but u like watchin jr smith shoot 35 footers and throwing up signs is more exciting then kobe. or joe johnson shooting jumpers or baron davis limping on one leg and giving half and effort every night for the past 3-5 years. comedy at its finest. to this day I will never understand why people will do anything to throw kobe under the bus. dude has put in so much work on his game and is heads and above pretty much everybody this dude mentioned. he has his flaws but not exciting.. comedy.

But to each there own everybody has there own opinion and you seem to stand by it so i give you props on that.

Why does that have to mean I hate Kobe. I have said many times on NT that I don't dislike any professional athlete unlike the rest of you. These dudes have never done anything to me so what reason do I have to hate them. Just funny I am accused of hating Kobe when people get on me for how much I take up and like Kobe. I just understand what I like to see and he no longer has it.

Its amazing how so many people that clearly never played the game at a high level or really are hoopers make outrageous claims. Have you ever had knee surgery? Have you ever balled with a broken finger? Do you consider how many miles he has on his body considering he has been playin pro since 17? The sheer fact that you can argue whether or not he is exciting after all the injuries is a testament to his game.kobe has the greatest footwork in the history of the NBA. His numbers have dropped this year but honestly I believe he only cares about rings now. He knows that the only argument he will have in hisname when compared to MJ is rings and he wants more than Mj.Kobe is great to me because he wants to be the best, whenever somebody wants to be the best at something and they really believe and work at it that's something special no matter what that goal is. Is he the best? No and in all honesty lebron statistically will have a better career but its all about those rings at the end of the day....................

Its amazing how so many people that clearly never played the game at a high level or really are hoopers make outrageous claims. Have you ever had knee surgery? Have you ever balled with a broken finger? Do you consider how many miles he has on his body considering he has been playin pro since 17? The sheer fact that you can argue whether or not he is exciting after all the injuries is a testament to his game.kobe has the greatest footwork in the history of the NBA. His numbers have dropped this year but honestly I believe he only cares about rings now. He knows that the only argument he will have in hisname when compared to MJ is rings and he wants more than Mj.Kobe is great to me because he wants to be the best, whenever somebody wants to be the best at something and they really believe and work at it that's something special no matter what that goal is. Is he the best? No and in all honesty lebron statistically will have a better career but its all about those rings at the end of the day....................

Originally Posted by WISEPHAROAH

Hold on let me get this right. Because we are speaking about how EXCITING he is means

A. We never played ball at a high level

B. Means we don't understand why he is no longer as exciting he is

C. Means we are discrediting his desire to be GREAT?

Those things have NOTHING to do with this discussion. It is simply about if he is FUN to watch.

Originally Posted by WISEPHAROAH

Hold on let me get this right. Because we are speaking about how EXCITING he is means

A. We never played ball at a high level

B. Means we don't understand why he is no longer as exciting he is

C. Means we are discrediting his desire to be GREAT?

Those things have NOTHING to do with this discussion. It is simply about if he is FUN to watch.

yes he is still exciting to watch....esp for sumbody drafted in 1996...how many more can u say that about, not many more of them are still even playing

yes he is still exciting to watch....esp for sumbody drafted in 1996...how many more can u say that about, not many more of them are still even playing

Why dudes in here getting so mad just cuz someone said Kobe isn't exciting to watch anymore?!?!

Dudes aint in here calling him a scrub now... but the days of him making the top 10 plays night in and night out, the 40pt days, the dunks are all done... which makes for a much less exciting player

Kobe is still easily a top 3-5 player in this league but just not as exciting to watch anymore.. fact

Why dudes in here getting so mad just cuz someone said Kobe isn't exciting to watch anymore?!?!

Dudes aint in here calling him a scrub now... but the days of him making the top 10 plays night in and night out, the 40pt days, the dunks are all done... which makes for a much less exciting player

Kobe is still easily a top 3-5 player in this league but just not as exciting to watch anymore.. fact

Originally Posted by philly5fan

Which is my point. I know Kobe is a top 2 SG in the NBA right now even at this age. I am not speaking on his TALENT at all but people are making it out to be me dissing his TALENT/ACCOMPLISHMENTS and now I am discrediting his work ethic and desire. I am speaking about excitement as a player. But it is hard for some of you all to acknowledge a role player from the WIndy City can have me more glued to my TV screen than the 2nd best SG of all time. Hard concept for most to grasp which is why I am getting so much heat.

Originally Posted by philly5fan

Which is my point. I know Kobe is a top 2 SG in the NBA right now even at this age. I am not speaking on his TALENT at all but people are making it out to be me dissing his TALENT/ACCOMPLISHMENTS and now I am discrediting his work ethic and desire. I am speaking about excitement as a player. But it is hard for some of you all to acknowledge a role player from the WIndy City can have me more glued to my TV screen than the 2nd best SG of all time. Hard concept for most to grasp which is why I am getting so much heat.

Originally Posted by Chrisb9393

DC i agreed with you until you said joe johnson... Really? Anyway i think kobe is still exciting to watch.
His ball handling skills have always been a thing of beauty to me. His pace to the game has always been intriguing to me as well. And his shot is so damn pretty.

Originally Posted by Chrisb9393

DC i agreed with you until you said joe johnson... Really? Anyway i think kobe is still exciting to watch.
His ball handling skills have always been a thing of beauty to me. His pace to the game has always been intriguing to me as well. And his shot is so damn pretty.

among the most overrated players in history.
There it is.

How?

- Countless game winners

- Countless clutch shots

- Broken finger

- 5 Championships

Theres PLENTY more.

laugh.gif
 Did you really list having a broken finger as a reason why Kobe is great.  Kobe is great, but having a broken finger is NOT why he's great.  Just goes to show that most of you Kobe lovers love him for any reason.    

Back
Top Bottom