Is Kobe is still exciting to watch?

I am not understanding why so many of you feel a person's FAVORITE player has or should be near the top of the league. Where is that in the fandom rule book? If I said Will was one of the best, then maybe you can have something to say. But I don't understand the issue. Maybe I should remind you all why I believe

I am not understanding why so many of you feel a person's FAVORITE player has or should be near the top of the league. Where is that in the fandom rule book? If I said Will was one of the best, then maybe you can have something to say. But I don't understand the issue. Maybe I should remind you all why I believe

Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican

Originally Posted by AG 47

In his prime I would rather pay to watch him over any era Kobe.

Everyone's entitled to their own opinions and preferences, but you'll have to excuse me if I find this utterly ridiculous.

Carry on.
I understand where you are coming from, but I think many of you are allowing the level of success Kobe has had to cloud your judgment when it comes to calling what I am saying stupid. Baron is one of my favorite players to watch in my lifetime. As I said, I prefer watching smaller players.

Other players on that list:

Iverson
Stevie Franchise
Baron
White Chocolate (Definitely enjoyed watching him over Kobe).

Ehh, an exciting player to me is one who leaves you, the audience, the fan with memorable moments on the court/field of play.

Baron was exciting. There's no arguing that, but that's pre-knee injury/ UCLA Baron Davis. He's played with that level of excitement a hand full of times, if that in the league.

Similar situation with Jason Williams. He was definitely exciting, but for what? 3 seasons? before he was forced to change his style of play. Iverson, most definitely.

BUT, when I think of jaw-dropping shots: fadeaway left handed 3 pointers, buzzer beater turnaround back to back 3s, etc...I remember Kobe's moments moreso than the players you listed.

In the end, it's all personal preference and it's clear we prefer two different qualities in the players we watch.

In his prime I would rather pay to watch him over any era Kobe.

Everyone's entitled to their own opinions and preferences, but you'll have to excuse me if I find this utterly ridiculous.

Carry on.
I understand where you are coming from, but I think many of you are allowing the level of success Kobe has had to cloud your judgment when it comes to calling what I am saying stupid. Baron is one of my favorite players to watch in my lifetime. As I said, I prefer watching smaller players.

Other players on that list:

Iverson
Stevie Franchise
Baron
White Chocolate (Definitely enjoyed watching him over Kobe).

Ehh, an exciting player to me is one who leaves you, the audience, the fan with memorable moments on the court/field of play.

Baron was exciting. There's no arguing that, but that's pre-knee injury/ UCLA Baron Davis. He's played with that level of excitement a hand full of times, if that in the league.

Similar situation with Jason Williams. He was definitely exciting, but for what? 3 seasons? before he was forced to change his style of play. Iverson, most definitely.

BUT, when I think of jaw-dropping shots: fadeaway left handed 3 pointers, buzzer beater turnaround back to back 3s, etc...I remember Kobe's moments moreso than the players you listed.

In the end, it's all personal preference and it's clear we prefer two different qualities in the players we watch.

I don't get why Yall can't understand someone saying they rather watch a guy struggle to get four buckets a night over a guy who used to get 40 a night for a month. Clearly Kobe never at any point of his life was exciting to watch as Will Bynum or somebody Collins. Kobe never threw down in the face of Duncan, Yao, or Dwight then would follow with some 30 footers. Naw. Let me watch fat Baron Davis any day. Lmao.Game five, third quarter, 2010 NBA finals, ask Dwayne Wade if Kobe is exciting.

I don't get why Yall can't understand someone saying they rather watch a guy struggle to get four buckets a night over a guy who used to get 40 a night for a month. Clearly Kobe never at any point of his life was exciting to watch as Will Bynum or somebody Collins. Kobe never threw down in the face of Duncan, Yao, or Dwight then would follow with some 30 footers. Naw. Let me watch fat Baron Davis any day. Lmao.Game five, third quarter, 2010 NBA finals, ask Dwayne Wade if Kobe is exciting.

Originally Posted by EkinKlat

Not as exciting as he was when it was very common for him to put up 40+ a night.

But I would still pay more to see him than any body in the league beside LeBron
You are HIGH

Rondo
KG (energy and cussing)
Sherron Collins
D. Rose
Melo
Dirk
Will Bynum
Monta
Steph Curry
Blake Griffin
Inspired Baron Davis
Steve Nash
CP3
Brandon Jennings
Wade
John Wall
Durant
Westbrook
Deron

This is quite possibly the dumbest, most ******ed, amazingly stupid thing I have ever read.

Originally Posted by EkinKlat

Not as exciting as he was when it was very common for him to put up 40+ a night.

But I would still pay more to see him than any body in the league beside LeBron
You are HIGH

Rondo
KG (energy and cussing)
Sherron Collins
D. Rose
Melo
Dirk
Will Bynum
Monta
Steph Curry
Blake Griffin
Inspired Baron Davis
Steve Nash
CP3
Brandon Jennings
Wade
John Wall
Durant
Westbrook
Deron

This is quite possibly the dumbest, most ******ed, amazingly stupid thing I have ever read.

1. You are correct, an exciting player to me is one who leaves you, the audience, the fan with memorable moments on the court/field of play.

2. Baron was very very exciting. Not much so anymore, but when he is inspired (keyword) he is still a joy to watch. Now, that is rare, which is why I said Inspired Baron. 92/100 games, he isn't inspired.

3. Jason Williams' 3 year stretch were possibly 3 of my most memorable NBA Seasons. I have never been glued to sportscenter to see a player's highlights like I was with White Chocolate. He never disappointed either.

4. I remember KObe's moments more because his moments mattered more since he matters more.

5. I have watched over 500 Kobe games in my life. There just isn't much more he can show me. I have seen the best from him already. So that is why I would rather watch those other dudes over Kobe. The Lakers have been on National TV nonstop for over a decade now. I already know what Kobe was about. And he is nowhere nearly as exciting now. Again, you all are allowing the success level of Kobe to blind you from the actual the discussion.

1. You are correct, an exciting player to me is one who leaves you, the audience, the fan with memorable moments on the court/field of play.

2. Baron was very very exciting. Not much so anymore, but when he is inspired (keyword) he is still a joy to watch. Now, that is rare, which is why I said Inspired Baron. 92/100 games, he isn't inspired.

3. Jason Williams' 3 year stretch were possibly 3 of my most memorable NBA Seasons. I have never been glued to sportscenter to see a player's highlights like I was with White Chocolate. He never disappointed either.

4. I remember KObe's moments more because his moments mattered more since he matters more.

5. I have watched over 500 Kobe games in my life. There just isn't much more he can show me. I have seen the best from him already. So that is why I would rather watch those other dudes over Kobe. The Lakers have been on National TV nonstop for over a decade now. I already know what Kobe was about. And he is nowhere nearly as exciting now. Again, you all are allowing the success level of Kobe to blind you from the actual the discussion.

Originally Posted by bijald0331

That's a very terse diatribe, CP. I am disappoint.

Lol, sorry man. I don't even sweat this thread, I hear what everyone is sayin, he ain't the same. But whoever he said Collins? Come the @#$% on.

Lol, sorry man. I don't even sweat this thread, I hear what everyone is sayin, he ain't the same. But whoever he said Collins? Come the @#$% on.

Originally Posted by CP1708

Of course I was slightly exaggerating Sherron since he hasn't done anything in the NBA. But everyone else is a legit answer.

KU Sherron, if I am allowed to use that, then I will keep Sherron on that list.

Of course I was slightly exaggerating Sherron since he hasn't done anything in the NBA. But everyone else is a legit answer.

Damn, I have a few more names to add to the list.

Joe Johnson
Jamal Crawford
Nate Robinson
JR Smtih (when hot)

Might be more but I don't feel like thinking anymore.

Damn, I have a few more names to add to the list.

Joe Johnson
Jamal Crawford
Nate Robinson
JR Smtih (when hot)

Might be more but I don't feel like thinking anymore.

I can live with those guys over Kobe TODAY, but you said over Kobe ANY of his years. For that, you are nuttier then a fruitcake.

I can live with those guys over Kobe TODAY, but you said over Kobe ANY of his years. For that, you are nuttier then a fruitcake.

Actually I did NOT say that. I said Jason Williams, Baron, Franchise, and Iverson in their prime. I would take those dudes over any Kobe.

Current Kobe, applies to the long list.

Back
Top Bottom