IS KOBE BRYANT...OVERRATED?

dude, you are a joke.. it is exactly as you said, since you have no clue what you are talking about..
and it was publicized that kobe went to GP, asking him about defense. besides, just cause you go and talk to a legend, means that he is a better player than kobe?
by stating that there are 14 other players better or higher ranked than kobe, you show your obvious ignorance.. because we both know that out of those 14, jordan is the only one that can contain kobe.. and even on a good night, jordan will have a tough time guarding kobe. so it doesnt matter what happens, kobe scores 100 or wins 3 more rings, people like you are always gonna hate on him, no matter what he accomplishes..
funny how you act like you know more than any other NBA legend, head coach and GM that rank kobe in the top 5.
and like you said in YOUR top 15, which doesnt mean that other people, including NBA legends, GM, coaches and other players rank him there.
Apparently long stroke isn't the sharpest tool in the shed. Straw man does not apply to the scenario when a person is pointing out one's inability to answer question that has direct relation to the argument.
Long stroke also doesn't know the meaning of genetic fallacy otherwise he wouldn't be posting article from source like bleacher report dot com.
Lol
It must suck knowing the only place where he can spill all this nonsense without people looking strange at him an Internet forum. Lol
[h1]appeal to authority[/h1][h3]You used the opinion or position of an authority figure, or institution of authority, in place of an actual argument.[/h3][article=""]
It is important to note with this fallacy that authorities in given fields may very well have valid arguments, and that one should not dismiss another's experience and expertise. To form an argument, however, one must defend it on its merits i.e. know why the person in authority holds the particular position that they do. It is, of course, entirely possible that the opinion of a person or institution of authority is wrong; therefore the authority that such a person or institution holds does not have any intrinsic bearing upon whether their claims are true or not.

Example: Not able to defend his position that evolution 'isn't true' Bob says that he knows a scientist who also questions evolution (and presumably isn't a primate).
[/article]

Last edited:
Do you know your argument wont hold any weight if you have no creditable source or creditable figure to support your opinion?

Anybody can have an opinion even if it's a ridiculous one. If you're going to have a legit argument. At least have a creditable third party to support your argument. You really said if you were to sit down with magic, you would make him agree with you. Lol what a joke

And go educate yourself on critical thinking and reasoning. Obviously you're not the sharpest tool in the shed lol. You used term like genetic fallacy, straw man etc without even knowing the definition of those terms.

So far there are way more people who have disagreed with you. Nobody have been suspended neither so your trolling is not working LOL

Like I said the only place where you can get kind of attention is on an Internet forum lol. Probably didn't get enough attention in real life lol

Last edited:
Yall mean to tell me that there is 36 pgs of people arguing that a player who has 5 Rings, MVP's, All Stars, Defensive Teams, 30'000 points, Knows as one of the best closers in the history of the league, And renowned by current players and legends as being top 10 to ever play his sport is overated. Especially when said player is in his 18th season and playing more Efficiently then ever.
Ya'll are really having serious discussions with these fools :smh:

yea thats niketalk for you. the hate clouds they judgement...

majority of nba analyst and sports writers have kobe up there. only a few hate the guy but clearly for other reasons.

people hate seeing others succeed

thank god people stopped hating on lebron.

i think alot on this board hate kobe even more because hes a laker and in the past the lakers have beaten alot of niketalkers favorite teams. jealousy breeds hate.

In terms of what they did for the organization/basketball
1. Magic
2. Kareem
3. West
4. Kobe
5. Baylor
In terms of raw skill/basketball talent
1. Kobe
2. Magic
3. West
4. Kareem
5. Baylor

i would give magic ahead of kobe on skill and talent. Magic was lebron without the power and athletic ability...

beneath him? that's bs.. because they both play different positions, and in order to become a more complete player kobe went to hakeem.. so when kobe went to gary payton for defensive things.. means that kobe is beneath gp?
and what made you look foolish was actually believing that there are 14 other players better than kobe

now i know coach hubie hates kobe for other reasons but its his opinion and i dont see the problem of him having 14 other players he thinks are better than kobe. its his opinion

I mean i like kobe but damn kobe does some of the dumbest things on court that make you think damn...dude is so talented but clearly makes some horrible basketball decisions other greats wouldnt do

Do you know your argument wont hold any weight if you have no creditable source or creditable figure to support your opinion?
Anybody can have an opinion even if it's a ridiculous one. If you're going to have a legit argument. At least have a creditable third party to support your argument. You really said if you were to sit down with magic, you would make him agree with you. Lol what a joke
And go educate yourself on critical thinking and reasoning. Obviously you're not the sharpest tool in the shed lol. You used term like genetic fallacy, straw man etc without even knowing the definition of those terms.
So far there are way more people who have disagreed with you. Nobody have been suspended neither so your trolling is not working LOL
Like I said the only place where you can get kind of attention is on an Internet forum lol. Probably didn't get enough attention in real life lol

[h1][color= rgb(255, 255, 255)]APPEAL TO AUTHORITY[/color][/h1][h3][color= rgb(255, 255, 255)]YOU USED THE OPINION OR POSITION OF AN AUTHORITY FIGURE, OR INSTITUTION OF AUTHORITY, IN PLACE OF AN ACTUAL ARGUMENT.[/color][/h3]
It is important to note with this fallacy that authorities in given fields may very well have valid arguments, and that one should not dismiss another's experience and expertise. To form an argument, however, one must defend it on its merits i.e. know why the person in authority holds the particular position that they do. It is, of course, entirely possible that the opinion of a person or institution of authority is wrong; therefore the authority that such a person or institution holds does not have any intrinsic bearing upon whether their claims are true or not.

Example: Not able to defend his position that evolution 'isn't true' Bob says that he knows a scientist who also questions evolution (and presumably isn't a primate).

now i know coach hubie hates kobe for other reasons but its his opinion and i dont see the problem of him having 14 other players he thinks are better than kobe. its his opinion
I mean i like kobe but damn kobe does some of the dumbest things on court that make you think damn...dude is so talented but clearly makes some horrible basketball decisions other greats wouldnt do

true, kobe does some dumb things on the court. but i also think it is part of him wanting or needing to do too much. so much, that he puts himself in difficult spots. he is always the player that gets the ball with the shotclock winding down, having to bail out the team. sometimes it works out, majority of the times it doesnt

true, kobe does some dumb things on the court. but i also think it is part of him wanting or needing to do too much. so much, that he puts himself in difficult spots. he is always the player that gets the ball with the shotclock winding down, having to bail out the team. sometimes it works out, majority of the times it doesnt
Which means that his decision making is a big problem.

It always has been.

Which means that his decision making is a big problem.

It always has been.

again, if you are put in that position with only less than 10 sec. left you gotta make a decision. whether it is the good one or not, if jordan, magic, bird was put in that position, i know for a fact that they would not make good decisions all the time.. just admit you dont like kobe and we can move on.. cause you're making it sound like kobe is comparable to smush parker

again, if you are put in that position with only less than 10 sec. left you gotta make a decision. whether it is the good one or not, if jordan, magic, bird was put in that position, i know for a fact that they would not make good decisions all the time.. just admit you dont like kobe and we can move on.. cause you're making it sound like kobe is comparable to smush parker
You are wrong about that, because the bad decisions that Kobe Bryant will make, are not all end of game situations.

He'll make those horrible decisions early on in the game as well.

Stop making excuses for him, it really is disgusting.

You are wrong about that, because the bad decisions that Kobe Bryant will make, are not all end of game situations.

He'll make those horrible decisions early on in the game as well.

Stop making excuses for him, it really is disgusting.

youre nothing but a hater, that is why there is no point talking to you, simply because you will never admit that he is one of the all time greats and a top 5 all time player.. i didnt say kobe made bad or great decisions all the time, but the majority of his bad shots come at the end of the shot clock..

[h1]
APPEAL TO AUTHORITY

[/h1]

[h3]
YOU USED THE OPINION OR POSITION OF AN AUTHORITY FIGURE, OR INSTITUTION OF AUTHORITY, IN PLACE OF AN ACTUAL ARGUMENT.
[/h3]

thanks for admitting defeat too easy you cant argue when i start questiong you lol.

Why bother discussing it, if you post a meaningless stat without having watched each of those games, and know when he got his points.

I have been watching most of the Lakers games and Kobe has been in full on score mode.

A couple of seasons ago when Phil was coaching, he would start off the game very unselfish, almost to a fault. But everyone would get involved and they would be ready to score later in the game even when he took over.

This year he's doing the opposite, almost like he's trying to prove that the team is still his.

Last edited:
Has there ever been a player that reached the 30K mark in a season but also managed to get 30 loses in that same season as well?? If not, it appears that Kobe could be the first, yet another ACCOMPLISHMENT for Kobe and his fans to talk about.

I have been watching most of the Lakers games and Kobe has been in full on score mode.

A couple of seasons ago when Phil was coaching, he would start off the game very unselfish, almost to a fault. But everyone would get involved and they would be ready to score later in the game even when he took over.

This year he's doing the opposite, almost like he's trying to prove that the team is still his.

No you haven't. I've watched every game except for one in which they beat Golden State by 30.

When he gets over 30, in most games (there's a couple exceptions), he's doing it when the rest of the offense is not producing and not scoring, and the Lakers are down in points.

Nowhere in the history of basketball has one player been more vilified for going into "score mode" when the rest of his teammates are missing shots and the Lakers are behind in the game.

But sure he's being selfish by taking the game into his hands..

Has there ever been a player that reached the 30K mark in a season but also managed to get 30 loses in that same season as well?? If not, it appears that Kobe could be the first, yet another ACCOMPLISHMENT for Kobe and his fans to talk about.

Michael Jordan... They were sub 500 as well.

Malone on a 28 loss team
Kareem a 27 loss team
Wilt a 13 loss team

Last edited:

No you haven't. I've watched every game except for one in which they beat Golden State by 30.

When he gets over 30, in most games (there's a couple exceptions), he's doing it when the rest of the offense is not producing and not scoring, and the Lakers are down in points.

Nowhere in the history of basketball has one player been more vilified for going into "score mode" when the rest of his teammates are missing shots and the Lakers are behind in the game.

Maybe the rest of the team isn't scoring because he isn't getting them involved, helping them get into a rhythm and to gain some confidence.

Look at your own Lakers thread, there are pages of in-game posting with Lakers fans screaming for Kobe to pass the ball.

They're not watching the games either, huh?

Last edited:

Maybe the rest of the team isn't scoring because he isn't getting them involved, helping them get into a rhythm and to gain some confidence.

Look at your own Lakers thread, there are pages of in-game posting with Lakers fans screaming for Kobe to pass the ball.

They're lack of scoring is their involvement.. I guess just passing them the ball continuously to miss it is the right way to go.

Kobe as a scorer gives the team a better chance to win than Kobe the facilitator, especially when there is no one close to him on that roster in terms of creating their own shot.

They're lack of scoring is their involvement.. I guess just passing them the ball continuously to miss it is the right way to go.

Kobe as a scorer gives the team a better chance to win than Kobe the facilitator, especially when there is no one close to him on that roster in terms of creating their own shot.

Definitely disagree.

Feeding the ball to Dwight and letting the defense collapse on him is a much better option IMO.

Kobe is a great shot maker but a terrible decision maker with the ball in his hand.

Back
Top Bottom