IS KOBE BRYANT...OVERRATED?

And wait kobe isn't a smart player? And he's not just an elite scorer he may be the best scorer of all time

Do y'all watch this man play....do you not see him constantly chuck to the detriment of his team?

I've watched every season of Kobe's career since he came into the league and he's more or less been the same great chucker that he was when he came into the league.

In the span of his career, I've seen players just as talented if not moreso play against and alongside side him...Shaq, Iverson, McGrady, Duncan, LeBron, Carmelo, Paul Pierce, Kevin Garnett, Kevin Durant, Wade, Dirk Nowitzki, etc..... individually Kobe is on the same level as these players IMO but they all played on bad and/or small market teams for the majority of their career.

Kobe has played with the most dominant player of our time and the best coach.....put Wade in that same position and people would be saying he's top 5 ever. Look what him and an old Shaq and Riley did. Him and Melo have almost identical numbers....put Melo off of a national title on a team with a prime Shaq and the Zen master...he wouldn't have multiple rings? Bron, Dirk, Pierce, Durant?

But if you objectively compare the pros and cons of Kobe's individual game and career...I can't put him over a player like Larry Legend or Hakeem the Dream.

I'm talking about as an individual player......yes he's played on great teams and had an epic career but dudes game is flawed due to his selfishness and decision making. Those flaws have been on display almost every night for over a decade but people overlook it because of his consistently great scoring and rings.

A career loaded with these moments.

Last edited:
Yea I do watch him play....do u see his team passing him the ball with 7 seconds left on the shot clock then just stand around watching?

9 straight 40+ games
13 straight 35+ games
4 straight 50+ games
81 point game
12 3's in a game
Most points in MSG 61 points
Out scored Dallas 62 -61 in 3 quarters
55 points in a half

:pimp:

Do y'all watch this man play....do you not see him constantly chuck to the detriment of his team?
People who REALLY know basketball and didn't grow up on and 1 hero ball influenced basketball knows that kobe has a selective b-ball IQ meaning he is capable of playing selfless, solid, smart team basketball but then relapses and goes into hero ball mode and obliterates his shooting percentage and destroys team chemistry. Its a known fact. I hate to be the one but that guy in miami at an early age showcased all-around basketball intangibles to affect the game in so many ways and its coming to a head right now. But ,it doesn't matter, 5 rings and 81 points. 
laugh.gif

9 straight 40+ games
13 straight 35+ games
4 straight 50+ games
81 point game
12 3's in a game
55 points in a half
pimp.gif
points, points, points points, POINTS!!!! and flame me for what im about to say : iverson was a better scorer, not better player. 

To his defense, he's actually shooting about 53% from the field this year. He has a chance to shoot over 50% in a season for the first time in his career.
happy.gif

Long story short this thread and the fact that u had to make it proves that its at least arguable

9 straight 40+ games
13 straight 35+ games
4 straight 50+ games
81 point game
12 3's in a game
55 points in a half

you cant show me a better resume than that. scoring wise.

cant count centers if your gonna try and mention Wilt..

Thank you to see he's just an "elite" scorer is nonsense....and don't pretend like he's not always leading his team in assists. ...I could fish for more stats but I'm on my phone and enjoying this nice thanksgiving feast :smokin

9 straight 40+ games
13 straight 35+ games
4 straight 50+ games
81 point game
12 3's in a game
55 points in a half

you cant show me a better resume than that. scoring wise.

cant count centers if your gonna try and mention Wilt..

Iverson has similarly impressive scoring feats....5 consecutive 40 point games AS A ROOKIE, 55 point playoff game, etc.

Several other players as well.

Jordan and Wilt's scoring feats obliterate that list.

And I acknowledged that he's a great scorer, he's not the best at that either though.

Last edited:
Just wondering who do u have as better all around scorers then kobe?

And no iverson does not have a similar resume

Last edited:
This dude is either trolling or an idiot.  I wouldn't even waste my time trying to argue with him

Don't some of you ever get tired of arguing (trolling even) about the same thing over and over and over?

Iverson has similar scoring feats....5 consecutive 40 point games AS AS ROOKIE, 55 point playoff game, etc.
Jordan and Wilt's scoring feats obliterate that
And I acknowledged that he's a great scorer, he's not the best at that either though.
Those are records sir! Oh yea, he's just a 5 time champion and been to the finals 7 times. no biggie.

Last edited:
Duncan, Chamberlain, Russell, Abdul-Jabaar, Bird, Magic & Jordan. (Not named in a specific order)

Outside of those names, making a case for somebody who's had a career better than Kobe is tough.

I have it similar names in my top 8.

But specific order
1. MJ
2. Magic
3. Bird
4. Kareem
5. Russell
6. Kobe
7. Chamberlain
8. Duncan

Last edited:
No way on earth is Kobe Bryant one the top 5 best players to play in the history of the NBA.....not possible.
I can feel this, out of all the greatest players ever its ridiculous to say Kobe is in the top five. Maybe top 10 tho, it may be a reach but maybe. But Kobe is Kobe so you must respect his game.

Don't some of you ever get tired of arguing (trolling even) about the same thing over and over and over?

When have I ever posted about Kobe before?

But I can look at your avy and see why your jimmies are rustled.

I'm trolling for saying that Kobe ain't a top 5 all time player? :lol:

Last edited:
Okay, maybe you overdid the thread title Golden. It screams out Kobe Hater. That could be why some people are livid about this thread.

I think Kobe is the 2nd greatest SG. Is he in my top 10 overall? Yea, maybe. Is he above Duncan or Shaq? No. If I was starting a franchise I rather have built one up with Shaq or Duncan first.

I think Kobe is the 3rd greatest player of our generation (after Jordan era). LeBron is creeping up, at 4th. No matter what I think tho, you can still put up an argument for Kobe which goes to show that he's still one of the greatest ever.

Last edited:
I have it similar names in my top 8.
But specific order
1. MJ
2. Magic
3. Bird
4. Kareem
5. Russell
6. Chamberlin
7. Kobe
8. Duncan
Fixed. a regular season mvp with a chip and another finals mvp puts him past chamberlin. Also , kobe will not be the best laker of all time until he averages 18,9,9. Magic did that in 81-82.  

Back
Top Bottom