Is Kanye GREAT @ what he does (sampling)? Or is he flat out overrated as a producer?

Originally Posted by M16

Dudes posting a few "gritty" Kanye beats like they schooling me on things I never heard before.

STOP.

I already know Kanye can do that. I know he has classic tracks.

He's still not seeing any dudes I mentioned. For every "gutter" track he has, there's probably 3-4 corny pop beats.
son but u actin like kanye didn't come from da school of back backers....his mentor is no ID.....he's from da same breed as most of thoseproducers you listed.

q-tip of ALL people is as guilty as kanye as makin pop track yet u list him above him...thats you just being biased towards da mainstream...

do i gotta remind you on go da vibrant thang?
laugh.gif

Who said anything about backpackers now ?

You can look at my list, disagree and move on. It ain't changing. No point arguing.

As for Q-Tip his track record speaks for itself. A few pop tracks here and there is
sick.gif
but whatever... Kanye on the other hand got whole albums of thatgarbage. No point comparing the two really.

Originally Posted by M16

Who said anything about backpackers now ?

You can look at my list, disagree and move on. It ain't changing. No point arguing.

what makes kanye so inferior...cuz alot of da producers you posted burnt themselves out last decade.

We went over this on the last page. IMO the people on that list make better tracks, have a more solid discography or more influence on the art of production.I'd rather hear them over Kanye anyday.

Originally Posted by ninjahood

q-tip of ALL people is as guilty as kanye as makin pop track yet u list him above him...thats you just being biased towards da mainstream...

laugh.gif

Q-Tip didn't produce Vibrant Thing though, Dilla did.
Anyhow, Q-Tip's production catalog is pretty sick. I mean, dude produced Nas's "one Love", Mobb Deep's "Drink Away The Pain",MM album, etc. in the mid 90's and is still relevant.

Originally Posted by M16

I always back up my statements.

There really aren't 20 better ?
roll.gif

Stoupe
Premo
Pete Rock
RZA
Marley Marl
Large Professor
Dre
Havoc
Jazzy Jeff
Miz
Diamond D
Beatnuts
Prince Paul
Buckwild
Lord Finesse
Necro
J Dilla
Neptunes
Kid Capri
Bomb Squad
Timbaland
Easy Mo Bee
DJ Quik
Hi-Tek
Eric B
LES
4th Disciple
El-P
Madlib
DJ Muggs
Ski
DJ Clark Kent
Da Beatminerz
Alchemist
Organized Noize
Q-tip

+ more.

Damn im looking at all these producers Kayne West may not even be top 40
laugh.gif

*Adds*

Erick Sermon
Howie Tee(Did production for Chubb Rock & Special Ed)
Ant Banks
DJ Pooh
Daz from The Dogg Pound

Originally Posted by digital022

Originally Posted by ninjahood

laugh.gif

Q-Tip didn't produce Vibrant Thing though, Dilla did.

Anyhow, Q-Tip's production catalog is pretty sick. I mean, dude produced Nas's "one Love", Mobb Deep's "Drink Away The Pain", "Temperate Rising" , "Give Up the Goods" , MM album, etc. in the mid 90's and is still relevant.

pimp.gif

Originally Posted by B Smooth 202

Kanye on the other hand got whole albums of that
garbage
808s is ONE record. It's a concept record at that.
eyes.gif

Graduation
Most of Finding Forever
Countless pop tracks for other people.

Now that I think about it... his "hard" to "pop" ratio looking like 1:10
roll.gif

Originally Posted by M16

You want me to really list all his pop beats ?
indifferent.gif

Come on fam. I'm not even gonna name his hundreds of individual pop beats... let's just mention 808s (an entire pop album....)

I already said he does have some classic tracks and good contributions. He's not 100% pop.... but nothing that would put him high on my list though.
808s an entire pop album? really? The only tracks that COULD be considered pop are Heartless, Love Lockdown, Paranoid and Robocop...the rest, hellno

Originally Posted by M16

Dudes posting a few "gritty" Kanye beats like they schooling me on things I never heard before.

STOP.

I already know Kanye can do that. I know he has classic tracks.

He's still not seeing any dudes I mentioned. For every "gutter" track he has, there's probably 3-4 corny pop beats.
and what is up with this notion that because he has "corny pop tracks" (what is that, even) he is an inferior producer? i reallydon't understand this

Originally Posted by M16

Originally Posted by B Smooth 202

Kanye on the other hand got whole albums of that
garbage
808s is ONE record. It's a concept record at that.
eyes.gif

Graduation
Most of Finding Forever
Countless pop tracks for other people.

Now that I think about it... his "hard" to "pop" ratio looking like 1:10
roll.gif

what on Finding Forever was pop??? i mean, you MIGHT have an argument with Driving Me Wild, but Start The Show??? The People??? The Game??? thoseare pop tracks...and who exactly are these other people he gave these pop tracks to??? i really want to see if you actually have an argument or if you'rejust talking out your $@%...1:10
roll.gif

Really though ? Just look for yourselves here and save me the copy pasting: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kanye_West_production_discography

Maybe we got different definitions of pop music or something, I thought it was widely agreed upon that Finding Forever was pop music. Even Amazon has that @%*%under "POP - RAP" on the damn website, whatever that means.

Why we spending 3 pages arguing about why I don't like his production though ? Keep it moving.

who cares what's "hard" or not?

that doesn't make it good music, more often than not "hard" music is empty boasting.

and 808s was trash, but the production on love lockdown was great. not being hip-hop doesn't make it bad.

and the production on a lot of classic rap joints is not that great. very simple, formulaic, etc. it's not the production we remember these tracks for-it's what rappers spit over them.

^ that might be true, but for me it does. It's just my opinion. I can't stand listening to something like Love Lockdown.

i will always think he's a great producer, but this 808's thing, i think he's being too artistic. nothing wrong w/ that because it shows his rangeof creativity. but i'm not feelin' it. personally, as cheesy as the diplomats were, i miss his old school, sped-up soul samples he did for them.

M16, do you live in a dog house or something? Like thats the only way i'm convinced that everything you do is so..."gutta"

Like were you not hugged enough as a kid or what?

I understand liking "hardcore stuff" but come on man...

Do we have to endure this BS from you in EVERY THREAD?

Its not like you're the other dudes in here posting about the strength of his work, you're once again negating the fact that there are talented peoplethat do exist beyond a realm that you don't find yourself apart of...

grow up dude.

Originally Posted by OptimusPrimeAPhiA

M16, do you live in a dog house or something? Like thats the only way i'm convinced that everything you do is so..."gutta"

Like were you not hugged enough as a kid or what?

I understand liking "hardcore stuff" but come on man...

Do we have to endure this BS from you in EVERY THREAD?

Its not like you're the other dudes in here posting about the strength of his work, you're once again negating the fact that there are talented people that do exist beyond a realm that you don't find yourself apart of...

grow up dude.
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

I'm not even gonna read replies, but if you want music, sampling is the only way its going to come from, people been sampling since back in the days tillthey actually started getting sued for copy right infringement. Making beats from scratch sound too generic, sampling is where its at. Everyone samples fromthe smallest melodies, to the drums I have no problem with it because, there songs that are missing things, and sampling just makes them better.

Edit: Making a beat from scratch will sound like soulja boy beats.

I understand the hate on Kanye as a person.................but His music is great, I enjoy it. His Soulful Stuff >___

Originally Posted by GrizztheBoss

I'm not even gonna read replies, but if you want music, sampling is the only way its going to come from, people been sampling since back in the days till they actually started getting sued for copy right infringement. Making beats from scratch sound too generic, sampling is where its at. Everyone samples from the smallest melodies, to the drums I have no problem with it because, there songs that are missing things, and sampling just makes them better.

This is where NT frustrates me you say music you mean rap music stop acting like theres not talented producers out there who dont need to sample.change the dial on your radio sometimes

Soulja Boy beats? Dumbest thing ever said
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Originally Posted by Pablo Guzman

eek.gif
How can you even say something like that?!
smh.gif

Pardon me that was foolish of me, I wasn't thinking when I wrote that, but there's a high percentage of hiphop beats that are taken from differentsongs. To make a beat you have to listen to a lot of different sounds, and different styles of music any producer will tell you that.

Originally Posted by Pablo Guzman

eek.gif
How can you even say something like that?!
smh.gif
son gotta be 11....
laugh.gif

and mid east beast is just a angry backpacker....how can you act like kanye doesn't make hot music...granted 808's is trash but his work prior to thatis lovely

to say da least.....and like i said before, not giving him his just due makes you look real salty as a rap fan.

Back
Top Bottom