Is it ever OK to leave a baby in the car?

Originally Posted by Joe Billionaire

what if the kids asleep

and you park in front of your house and hang out on the stoop? you don't wanna wake the kid cause its sleeping but your outside with the windows down?
indifferent.gif

just stop

I don't understand why it's such a big deal. I'm not a parent so and have 0 experience with infants so maybe I just lack perspective but the way I see it, if the baby is safe and secure, there's nothing they could possibly reach, eat, swallow, or otherwise harm themselves with, if the weather isn't uncomfortably hot, and I have to run into the store for five minutes I just don't see the issue.

People need to mind their own business, talking about running to notify the manager or law enforcement. Acting like damn school children.

Originally Posted by HAM CITY

I don't understand why it's such a big deal. I'm not a parent so and have 0 experience with infants so maybe I just lack perspective but the way I see it, if the baby is safe and secure, there's nothing they could possibly reach, eat, swallow, or otherwise harm themselves with, if the weather isn't uncomfortably hot, and I have to run into the store for five minutes I just don't see the issue.

People need to mind their own business, talking about running to notify the manager or law enforcement. Acting like damn school children.

fixed

Originally Posted by Tr1ll

fixed
fixed

fixed

<Perfect

That's not the same scenario. Its your home and you're watching the car. Compared to leaving him alone in a public parking lot.

I have left my baby in the car to go to the gas station really fast, but I look the doors. Only if I will be in and out

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican

HORRIBLE parent. Absolutely horrible and there is NO excuse for doing that. I would have notified customer service or the manager at WF. That's inexcusable.
So what if she does everything else right and noble. This incident makes her a horrible parent? Don't be so quick to judge dog killer.
Yes it does.  I'm sorry, but there is no justification for leaving your baby in the car while running into Whole Foods. 

Agreed. As a new parent, i dont even know what would go through someones head to even think its ok. Anything can happen at any given moment. I know anything can happen even when youre there.... but at least youd be there.

Originally Posted by ImReallyDirkNowitzki

fixed
fixed
I might lack perspective but I do have common sense. What's the issue given the above scenario? Is the actual fear that the baby is going to get kidnapped or something?

not at all, those quick trips where the parent thinks they're gonna run in and pay for gas, or go to the ATM
are the ones where someone hops in the still running car and takes off with the kid in the back

Originally Posted by bkmac

Hate to steer the thread direction a bit, but if you saw a pet (most likely a dog) in the car with the windows up, would you notify authorities?

NOPE.

Originally Posted by ServeChilled81

not at all, those quick trips where the parent thinks they're gonna run in and pay for gas, or go to the ATM
are the ones where someone hops in the still running car and takes off with the kid in the back
What idiot would physically leave their car with the it running unattended, who would do that with their baby inside?

Easy fix. Kill the engine. Make sure baby is OK. Roll up windows. Lock the car. Pocket keys. Get money out ATM. Return to safe and secure baby.

Unless its to use to ATM thats right by the door or something that literally means running in and grabbing something. I say 2 minutes at MOST. Its terrible parent because its leaving a child unattended. She was wrong because you had time to go shopping around for salad and donuts while she was leaving her kid in the car. Alot can happen to your child in such a short time.

Like if someone was dying and needed CPR and the mom leaves the car to save the person, then maybe it will be okay to leave her baby in a car by itself.

Otherwise, heck no.

Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican

HORRIBLE parent. Absolutely horrible and there is NO excuse for doing that. I would have notified customer service or the manager at WF. That's inexcusable.
So what if she does everything else right and noble. This incident makes her a horrible parent? Don't be so quick to judge dog killer.

DC don't be stupid..

Originally Posted by ServeChilled81

What idiot would physically leave their car with the it running unattended, who would do that with their baby inside?

Easy fix. Kill the engine. Make sure baby is OK. Roll up windows. Lock the car. Pocket keys. Get money out ATM. Return to safe and secure baby.
Whenever I see stories about this on the news, the dumb parent always say, they left the car running and hopped out for a second, came back and the baby/car was gone
People really don't realize how quickly that stuff can happen, or whether or not someone they don't see is seeing them... 

Why even chance it, car off/locked or not...

Originally Posted by wanksta23

what if the kids asleep

and you park in front of your house and hang out on the stoop? you don't wanna wake the kid cause its sleeping but your outside with the windows down?
indifferent.gif

just stop
laugh.gif
 i don't got kids whodi 
but whats wrong with it? your parked in front of YOUR house...kids asleep and you decide to hangout for a bit in front of YOUR house

Originally Posted by wanksta23

what if the kids asleep

indifferent.gif

just stop
laugh.gif
 i don't got kids whodi 
but whats wrong with it? your parked in front of YOUR house...kids asleep and you decide to hangout for a bit in front of YOUR house

laugh.gif
 Why are you hanging out on a stoop if your kids in the car sleep "Go home and be a family man"

What about this scenario.  You order pizza for pickup and you run inside the restaurant to pick it up.  The storefront is all big windows so you can see your car clearly and you park literally right in front of the door.  The baby is asleep in her car seat, so you turn off the engine, pocket the keys and lock the doors while you run inside.  You're literally never out of the line of sight of your vehicle and you're in and out in 2 to 3 minutes.  Is that wrong?
I've never actually done this, but it has crossed my mind.  
laugh.gif
  Can't get myself to do it though, so I usually just bite the bullet and pay extra for delivery when I get home.    

Back
Top Bottom