Is HEAT is the GREATEST movie ever??

great movie.. but it's not even in my top 20
smh.gif

I have it in my top 10, but not goat. 

That cast was fire though

"There's a flip side to that coin, what if you do got me boxed in, and I gotta take you down?" 
pimp.gif

I have it in my top 10, but not goat. 

That cast was fire though

"There's a flip side to that coin, what if you do got me boxed in, and I gotta take you down?" 
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by EZLN1

Originally Posted by FIRST B0RN

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Michael Mann is a *%%+ director
He's incapable of making great movies

04e357e14df3793ced876190937cb2f1043698f_r.gif

Lets go down the list.

Heat..aside from the infamous shootout scene, it's a rather forgettable film.
The editing is atrocious, and wanes as the movie seemingly never ends. Great cast, average movie.
Ali
roll.gif
...u dudes cant be serious? It's a shame cause Smith actually delivers in this performance, but as a movie, it does NOTHING to provide any commentary about Ali as a person. It manages to make such a figure into a shadow of himself.
Collateral....mentioned in the other thread, solid movie up until they get to the club....after that, it becomes a ridiculous mess
Miami Vice
indifferent.gif

I cant speak on the insider, which I imagine is probably his best film and well at least most critically praised so u guys got me on that

But some of you are arguing that heat is better than godfather 1/2? bringing up scorcese in a mann thread?
I am not an individual who claims Heat is one of the greatest movies of all time, however I think your opinion of Mann sucks. The Last of the Mohicans (Oscar winner) along with the Insider (Nominated for 7 Oscars) were great films. Ali is nowhere near as bad as you make it sound and both Heat, Collateral, and Public Enemies were very good films. While I didn't enjoy Miami Vice or Hancock; I'd say Mann is a very solid director/writer.
[h1]
[/h1]

Originally Posted by FIRST B0RN

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Michael Mann is a *%%+ director
He's incapable of making great movies

04e357e14df3793ced876190937cb2f1043698f_r.gif

Lets go down the list.

Heat..aside from the infamous shootout scene, it's a rather forgettable film.
The editing is atrocious, and wanes as the movie seemingly never ends. Great cast, average movie.
Ali
roll.gif
...u dudes cant be serious? It's a shame cause Smith actually delivers in this performance, but as a movie, it does NOTHING to provide any commentary about Ali as a person. It manages to make such a figure into a shadow of himself.
Collateral....mentioned in the other thread, solid movie up until they get to the club....after that, it becomes a ridiculous mess
Miami Vice
indifferent.gif

I cant speak on the insider, which I imagine is probably his best film and well at least most critically praised so u guys got me on that

But some of you are arguing that heat is better than godfather 1/2? bringing up scorcese in a mann thread?
I am not an individual who claims Heat is one of the greatest movies of all time, however I think your opinion of Mann sucks. The Last of the Mohicans (Oscar winner) along with the Insider (Nominated for 7 Oscars) were great films. Ali is nowhere near as bad as you make it sound and both Heat, Collateral, and Public Enemies were very good films. While I didn't enjoy Miami Vice or Hancock; I'd say Mann is a very solid director/writer.
[h1]
[/h1]

Back
Top Bottom