Is HEAT is the GREATEST movie ever??

Only on NT
smh.gif

And FTR, Dog Day Afternoon > Heat. Pacino's performance alone makes DDA the better movie.

Originally Posted by FIRST B0RN

Originally Posted by EZLN1

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Michael Mann is a *%%+ director
He's incapable of making great movies

04e357e14df3793ced876190937cb2f1043698f_r.gif

Lets go down the list.

Heat..aside from the infamous shootout scene, it's a rather forgettable film.
The editing is atrocious, and wanes as the movie seemingly never ends. Great cast, average movie.
Ali
roll.gif
...u dudes cant be serious? It's a shame cause Smith actually delivers in this performance, but as a movie, it does NOTHING to provide any commentary about Ali as a person. It manages to make such a figure into a shadow of himself.
Collateral....mentioned in the other thread, solid movie up until they get to the club....after that, it becomes a ridiculous mess
Miami Vice
indifferent.gif

I cant speak on the insider, which I imagine is probably his best film and well at least most critically praised so u guys got me on that

But some of you are arguing that heat is better than godfather 1/2? bringing up scorcese in a mann thread?

Originally Posted by FIRST B0RN

Originally Posted by EZLN1

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Michael Mann is a *%%+ director
He's incapable of making great movies

04e357e14df3793ced876190937cb2f1043698f_r.gif

Lets go down the list.

Heat..aside from the infamous shootout scene, it's a rather forgettable film.
The editing is atrocious, and wanes as the movie seemingly never ends. Great cast, average movie.
Ali
roll.gif
...u dudes cant be serious? It's a shame cause Smith actually delivers in this performance, but as a movie, it does NOTHING to provide any commentary about Ali as a person. It manages to make such a figure into a shadow of himself.
Collateral....mentioned in the other thread, solid movie up until they get to the club....after that, it becomes a ridiculous mess
Miami Vice
indifferent.gif

I cant speak on the insider, which I imagine is probably his best film and well at least most critically praised so u guys got me on that

But some of you are arguing that heat is better than godfather 1/2? bringing up scorcese in a mann thread?

Why do people get so emotional over others opinions on movies? Its hilarious.

These films aren't immune to criticism.

Originally Posted by DJprestige21

Because saying HEAT is the greatest of all time is the equivalent to saying Penny Hardaway is the GOAT.

Originally Posted by DJprestige21

Because saying HEAT is the greatest of all time is the equivalent to saying Penny Hardaway is the GOAT.

The first time I saw HEAT I sat there and thought to myself...there was NOTHING more I could ask from a film. EVERYTHING was in there with an INSANE cast.

Instant Classic to me.

The first time I saw HEAT I sat there and thought to myself...there was NOTHING more I could ask from a film. EVERYTHING was in there with an INSANE cast.

Instant Classic to me.

It is in my personal favorite top 10, maybe even top 6. but IMO it is not.

That's not to say that this movie isn't amazing/fantastic though. Just that there are definitely better candidates

It is in my personal favorite top 10, maybe even top 6. but IMO it is not.

That's not to say that this movie isn't amazing/fantastic though. Just that there are definitely better candidates

Back
Top Bottom