Is College Necessary?

Originally Posted by Treb2k5

Originally Posted by carlosdapaperboy

Originally Posted by THockey66

Originally Posted by carlosdapaperboy

yes college is necessary if u plan on succeding in life.
Negative.

well, unless you are extremely talented in music, athletics, or acting it definetly is.
WRONG! very wrong.

Bill Gates - dropout.
McDonald's CEO - dropout.
Steve Jobs - dropout.

There are a LOT of multi-millionaires out there who dropped out.

Go get Heavy Hitters magazine. there's a guy who dropped out in 7th grade and he owns a few textile mills and he's worth a few million. has all kinda of lambo's/beach houses/range rovers...

eek.gif

tired.gif
I honestly hate it when people use Bill Gates as a cop out to notgoing to college. The man got into Harvard, so he already possessed a great amount of intelligence (He got a 1590/1600 on his SAT)

No offense, but most people who decide not to go to college, at least the ones I encounter, are usually slackers in HS, who don't care about their gradesand just want to make money right out of school.

College isn't for everyone. I understand that, but do understand that it is going to be a lot harder to achieve your goals.

Yes, you should go to college. That's a no brainer. If you're entirely serious about doing this sneaker shop thing, major in Business and take classeson Accounting and Economics. Also, you might want to take a fashion class (nh) if you want to create your own stuff. But, I can almost guarantee you thatyou'll find other aspirations that you'll want to live out. Anyways, I digress.

What you SHOULD do is go to college. Maybe get a job at Niketown/Footlocker/etc, somewhere that could possibly help you get a Nike account in the future afteryou move on. Place as much money as possible into a bank account, and next year, invest ALL of the money in the markets. Preferably, companies like Kraft (Tookover AIG's in DOW,) Better Place (in 10 years, it'll be a multi-million corporation,) and in pharmicuticals (Specifically, cloning of human organs.)The shares will probably still be hitting lows every now and then, so buy when the gettings good.

You'll thank me later.
pimp.gif

go to school, don't even hesitate...in fact, have this thread locked, so nobody posts telling you not to go to school.

Originally Posted by Crank Lucas

Originally Posted by Redrum SB

And I'm really passionate about opening a sneaker/clothing shop

99% of NTers are really passionate about opening a sneaker shop, how many fall through
laugh.gif

wrong, that's a high statistic.

Originally Posted by Glory Glory Hallelujah

Originally Posted by mushu22

Originally Posted by ryair max 1

Originally Posted by mushu22

yes and no, i have a dergee in economics, and i got hired by an accounting firm where . honestly ,i dont use anything that i learned from college in my job, the firm trained me in everyhthing that i needed to know to do my job, as well as paid for me to attend grad school, but without the degree i would not be able to get the job. a college degree will opens doors, but then again not everyone needs college to accomplish their goals. if you believe you can make it without going to college, more power to you.
QFT. you may not learn ANY of the skills you need for a certain job in college but that peice of paper will get you noticed by a potential employer over someone else who doesn't have one,
are you stupid or something. that is exactly the point i was making you moron. the college diploma got me the job, even though my economics degree is not prevalent in accounting it got my foot in the door, hence "a college degree will open doors." i am relating the need for college in regards to my own personal experience, his scenario may not necessarily need a degree, but a degree can only improve his situation. you seriously need to improve your reading comprehension skills, stay in school dummy .
eyes.gif
LMAO. What the hell? He wasn't disagreeing with you (it looked to me like he was agreeing and elaborating), and you just went ape @*%* on him.
laugh.gif
i apologize. i was with friend, and i asked what him what was qft, he told me quit f***** talking. so i took it the wrong way. i guess i am thedummy.

Originally Posted by Redrum SB

And I'm really passionate about opening a sneaker/clothing shop in Chicago, maybe in the Gold Coast neighborhood.

what is up with all these millions of hypebeast who want to open their own sneaker store, "passionate for sneakers" oh please
8e916f2f8ace322a7f42e6101a14ab400c89cc46.gif
8e916f2f8ace322a7f42e6101a14ab400c89cc46.gif

HKM206 wrote:
Well from what I hear a BA is the new High School diploma, so I'd say it wouldn't be a bad idea. Honestly though college isn't for everybody,
plenty of successful people didn't go to college or dropped out early. Also though there's a saying "it's not what you know, it's who you know" real talk.
Real talk, it's a little deeper than that. A better cliche would be "It's who you know that gets you in, and what you know thatkeeps you there." Something like that.

Who gives a %$%$ if you can get the job. If you don't know what you're doing you won't be there long.

For the VAST MAJORITY of people...college is the safer, smarter route to go.

If you're truly the go-getter you think you are - you'll find out after about 1-2 years in college and then drop out to actively pursue your dream.

But lets say you're a year in and you haven't made any major moves towards your dream...maybe you fall into the vast majority of the population.

Originally Posted by fc15

Originally Posted by desoIation1

FACTS:
people who have a bachelors degree make an average of more than twice as much as those who have only graduated from high school (compare 20K to 40K+ per year)

people who have a masters degree make an average of more four times more than those who have only graduated from high school (compare 20K to 80K+ per year)

and people who have a phd make an average of more than FIVE times more than those who have only graduated from high school (compare 20K to 100K+ (6 figures) per year)
Interesting.....source?
average i guess...but I see people with masters or phD and still not touching close to 6 figs. Probably depends more on your major. ex. amasters in psychology won't get you that much...and OP you dont need college education to be successful, but it may be helpful. Just understand many ofthese sneaker boutiques/shops fail.

Back
Top Bottom