Is bad grammar encouraged on NT?

prozac4312

Banned
Without singling anyone out...I have to say out of the many forums that I frequent, this one has, by far, the least emphasis on proper grammar. A lot of guys (and girls?) that post here can't differentiate between you're/your, their/there/they're, to/too/two, etc. I don't think it has to do with age demographic--I'm 24. Is improper grammar encouraged? Do people just not care? Again, this isn't a thread flaming anyone...I'm just curious.

Originally Posted by prozac4312

I have to say out of the many forums that I frequent, this one has, by far, the least emphasis on proper grammar.

really?
u srs?

your user name is prozac4312 though....

who the hell cares about perfect grammar on the internet.. not even that serious
as long as its clear and isnt spelt really ******ed nobody cares

35kkg3a.jpg

Nobody eem care bout no gramma on NT cuh.
eyes.gif
pimp.gif

When I'm texting or at school I do, but not in the Internet, specially not NT.

Originally Posted by MrBrown

Who are you?

This & who cares? You aren't formally speaking to anyone. So does it really matter?

I type the way I do because I'm so used to it.

@OP
Unlezz u gon offfor feree anglish too tour ang den how doo u accept too sauce da prablem?

Its not reallt that people dont know the diffrence but that people are talking fast and NT isnt serious enough to go back or actually care about correcting yourself....if u know what i mean that thats all that matters

I always try to speak and communicate proper grammar, but every once in a while I'll mess up.
It's not that serious though. This isn't a presentation or an interview for a job. As long as it isn't like this:

"do all the Vget yellow in dha rubber like the og they got in dha bottom so do they getyello and what about the retro do they get yellow also in the middle ??? "

indifferent.gif
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by KMante

I always try to speak and communicate proper grammar, but every once in a while I'll mess up.
It's not that serious though. This isn't a presentation or an interview for a job. As long as it isn't like this:

"do all the Vget yellow in dha rubber like the og they got in dha bottom so do they getyello and what about the retro do they get yellow also in the middle ??? "

indifferent.gif
laugh.gif

YOO I REMEMBER THIS
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Originally Posted by prozac4312

Without singling anyone out...I have to say out of the many forums that I frequent, this one has, by far, the least emphasis on proper grammar. A lot of guys (and girls?) that post here can't differentiate between you're/your, their/there/they're, to/too/two, etc. I don't think it has to do with age demographic--I'm 24. Is improper grammar encouraged? Do people just not care? Again, this isn't a thread flaming anyone...I'm just curious.

Oh, I can differentiate between your and you're, its just I'm too lazy to care about apostrophes.

When I can't read and understand what people are saying, then I get annoyed with improper grammar. I'm used to proper grammar, so seeing people type incorrectly or use shortened words like "ur" it slows me down a little when reading, but if a person simply cannot type at all, I usually skip over their post rather than struggle to understand what they're trying to say.

Improper grammar isn't encouraged, but anytime someone criticizes another members spelling or grammar the textbook response is "it's just the internet" or "it's not even that serious".. and that might be true in part, but it shouldn't be that much effort for people to type correctly. For most of my life, the majority of my typing on a computer has been for school, so proper grammar was used... and I'm just more comfortable typing that way. It takes no extra effort on my part to use proper grammar and spelling, I type 100 words a minute so it's not as if typing in complete sentences is taking me any longer than typing improperly.

Originally Posted by Brandon3000

roll.gif
i love how "damb" caught on
Use it to this day, even when texting whomever... people usually hit me back like "you dont know how to spell damn?"

Depends, if you trying to prove a point or just Trolling... waits for an NT'er to flame me

Back
Top Bottom