iPhone: Post everything here

Originally Posted by JDocs

*patiently waits for WinPwn 3.0*
[h2]Redmond, we have a Pwnapple![/h2]
Window QuickPwn 2.1

Supports 2.1 firmware with the unlocking and jailbreaking of iPhone 1st generation (2G) device. Supports the jailbreaking of iPod Touch 1st generation device and iPhone 3G. Your device will need to be upgraded to 2.1 (using iTunes
glasses.gif
before running this application.
  • It does NOT support the unlocking of iPhone 3G
  • It does NOT support the jailbreaking of second generation iPod Touch introduced last week
  • Windows QuickPwn 2.1 - Torrent here
  • (SHA1) QuickPwn21-1.zip = f8124d0e8f31f64ef3272de8fbc679e1dd1f93a7
You will need to know how to use bittorrent to download this file.

Mirror owners should email [email protected] with direct hosted zipfile links (with the correct MIME type). RapidShare or other file distribution services are not needed thanks. Links will be added to this post soon.

Mirrors

The following links are unofficial download mirrors, the files that are downloadable below have not been tested for authenticity. You download these files at your own risk, we accept no responsibility if your computer explodes or if it becomes part of a NASA attacking botnet, or even worse if your hands fall off mid-way during the use of these archives. Always check the files that you have downloaded against the published SHA1 sums. We would prefer that you downloaded the official bittorrent release above, but you can try these if you really don't want to use bittorrent.
6 hours ago

212 Comments

http://blog.iphone-dev.org/post/50888951/redmond-we-have-a-pwnapple#disqus_thread

I didn't know that it was okay to update using itunes when your phone has already been jailbroken/unlocked.... I was always too scared to do it because Ithought that it would brick. I might try it

Originally Posted by rwfanatic

Wait, I'm confused.... I just updated to itunes 8 today and you're saying that in order to quickpwn I have to go back to 7.7 just so that it will work?
I doubt it will work. I tried to use iTunes 8 myself and ran into errors. So I deleted iTunes 8, install 7.7 and everything workout fine, but Iwas using winpwn2.5.

Does QuickPwn work just like WinPwn .. with the GUI and all the parameters you have to fill in?

Whats a good/easy mp3 ringtone app that's compatible with 2.01? These defaults ones are starting to annoy me.

I think my iphone is done.

Tried restoring it back to 1.1.4 in DFU mode and recovery mode. No good.
Now I'm stuck with the usb/itunes picture on my iphone.
frown.gif

When I try restoring, it gives me error 1101. I also encountered error 20 and 1601 as well.

Someone shed some light.
frown.gif

Originally Posted by durty pancakes

frown.gif

When I try restoring, it gives me error 1101. I also encountered error 20 and 1601 as well.

Someone shed some light.
frown.gif
Damn, was it unlocked to another provider? thats the only way you can completely brink an iPhone.

have you tried plugging your iphone back into the comp with the home button pressed down, with your phone off?

have you tried to use any of the jailbreaking programs, i.e. winpwn, to unlock/restore your phone?

if all fails, just go to the apple store and tell them it's not working and getyourself a new one...simple

Originally Posted by SaNTi0321

Originally Posted by durty pancakes

frown.gif

Someone shed some light.
frown.gif
Damn, was it unlocked to another provider? thats the only way you can completely brink an iPhone.
Yeah. It was unlocked/jailbroken. I had tmobile running on it.

durty I had the same problem a few months ago. However right now I can't really help you cause I'm posting from my iPhone. But to give you hope it is100% fixable. I won't be able to provide you link because I won't be gsttng on a pc anytime soon. Just keep googli g your problem and you'lleventually find the solution.

Try dling ziphone and choose to do it all. That might work

You said that you were trying to restore to 1.1.4, which I took as going backwards.... if you were trying to update then why didn't you just do that? Youdidn't need a "fresh start"

You said that you were trying to restore to 1.1.4, which I took as going backwards.... if you were trying to update then why didn't you just do that? You didn't need a "fresh start"
The thing is, just today, that stupid "Repair Needed" popup came up. I had no signal. Turning it on and off wouldn't resolve it. SoI thought it was time to upgrade the firmware since quickpwn was out and there was a guide available. Reading from somewhere, it said that it was best to startoff clean before you update the firmware.

tired.gif
I don't know what to now. I've been googling/trying to restoreusing all firmwares and nothing good has happened.

You're probably getting errors when restoring because it depends on which version of itunes you have as to which version you can restore to.

even if you had it unlocked, i say as long as the apple screen only shows up, bring it back to the apple store, explain that you bought this phone to replaceyour "other iphone" that you broke, and to see what they can do about it....anything they say about jailbreaking the phone etc, just play dumb andexplain you never did anything like that because you thought it would mess up your iphone, and that the previous owner said not to update the software on thephone....maybe that'll work

You're probably getting errors when restoring because it depends on which version of itunes you have as to which version you can restore to.
Yeah. I had 8.0 but uninstalled and installed 7.5.0.20, a version the majority of people that had problems used. Is there a version you wouldrecommend me using to try?

I actually have no idea which one you can use to restore with 1.1.4..... I just think it was before 7.7 or 7.8, whatever the last update before #8 was

i suggest you download winpwn 2.5, and itunes 7.7
get your phone back to 2.0.2 and wait until winpwn 3.0 comes out so you can pwn 2.1
with winpwn it will get your phone into DFU mode and from there its all cake.

Anybody know where I can find pics of the Kanye West mascot bear. The reason for asking in the iPhone post you ask?.......I want one to make a wallpaper formy 3G. Thanks guys

Back
Top Bottom