iPhone 6

I switched back to ios this year(iPhone 5) after having the galaxy s3(3months) note 2(5 months) htc one(5 months) With that being said, 4.7 inch screen and I'm happy man. That's my only gripe about the 5 is the screen size, and the battery life. I actually like the OS, and like JayDean03 JayDean03 said I have an apple ecosystem at my house, it's a no brainer for me to keep buying iPhones. I tried android, and while jellybean is leaps and bounds better than gingerbread was, still felt ios6-7 best fit my uses.

I would have kept my HTC One if the camera wasn't so trashy. That was my fav droid of the phones I had last year. Note 2 was cool, just got tired of the size. For a phone and my usage, 5" screen is the biggest i would be willing to use.

8mp camera with improvements will be fine for me. Most of my pics are social media uploads.

This thread is definitely too early

I switched back to Android this year after having a 4s for 2 years. I think I actually bought the Note 3 a week or 2 after the 5s dropped just to make sure that I wouldn't change my mind about leaving the iOS "ecosystem" as you guys have called it. I actually still use my 4s quite regularly since the bill was paid pretty far in advance and I knew I would want to take it overseas with me for travel puproses.

I gotta start by saying that I love my Note 3. It does everything I could ever want in a phone. I really like the fact that its not a closed software and I'm able to add or delete almost anything I want. I constantly download movies and music directly to my note without ever having to go back and forth to my computer. My iphone and iPad certainly didn't offer an experience anything like that. Even with that whole "wireless sync" Apple was hyping when the 4s dropped a computer is a necessary component to anyone who really wants to maximize the capabilities of an iPhone. That's a huge drawback for a lot of people, myself included because honestly I don't wanna feel like I have to be leashed to my computer which I truly was with my 4s.

Now the upside fo the 4s is it was by far the most dependable phone I have ever had. I think I had to replace it once in the 2+ years I've had it because I cracked the screen. The battery is definitely an issue but its a two year old phone so what would u expect. I have a 64 gig so I am sure to lose some of the money I spent on it but I know that I could still push it off for around 200 bucks which is amazing considering how much technology has changed over the last two years.

I would consider an i6 when it drops but Apple surely needs to work on the innovation. The 5 and 5s were very suspect. That fingerprint scanner etc was just not enough to sell me. A bigger screen is a start but they will need more if they really want to hold on to the lion share of the market. Dudes have gone soft since Jobs passed, I'm glad to see that Samsung is starting to really be a thorn in their side. Competition only makes things better for us as consumers. Apple really needs to understand they aren't the only name in the smartphone game anymore (yes I know that there were several other big names in the smartphone industry long before Apple but u get my point).

People having that bad battery life? I use mine for everything and it will still last me the entire day. And even if, you charge youre phone here and there (which charges fast IMO) it isnt that big of a deal.

I could understand the convenience aspect of it, but most people are at work, charge it at work. If youre home all day about to go to the gym, leave it in the charger for 20 min and it will go up 20-30%. If youre driving to the mall or whatever, charge it in your car. Theres plenty of opportunities to charge your phone if you can.

Instead of asking for a new battery (which is fair to begin with) just look at other options and opportunities to charge your phone, which isnt all that inconvenient anyways. 

Problem with a lot of battery packs is that the iphone doesnt recognize it.

INB4 it shoudnt be that way to begin with. 
eyes.gif

gonna ride it out with this 4 until it goes up on me.

playin keep up with the jones' aint my thing, plus i never utilize all the functions of these ultra phones.

gimme itunes and im str8.

i'll have a 6 once the 8 or 9 is out. lol hey, it'll be new to ME... *shrugs*

Same. Still haven't down software update for the white screen thing and have two apps. Siriusxm and flashlight. This is a phone/music device to me that's all. Haven't even had a case on this thing ever and no cracks or scratches. People always chastise me for not having a case lol

Now thinking bout it. Idk now. I love having the freedom of downloading any song/album to my phone as i please.

Damb. :smh:

Been waiting on this. Glad I didn't upgrade last year.

I just bought my phone out right, the good thing about iPhones is you can sell them close to what you paid originally.

People having that bad battery life? I use mine for everything and it will still last me the entire day. And even if, you charge youre phone here and there (which charges fast IMO) it isnt that big of a deal.

I could understand the convenience aspect of it, but most people are at work, charge it at work. If youre home all day about to go to the gym, leave it in the charger for 20 min and it will go up 20-30%. If youre driving to the mall or whatever, charge it in your car. Theres plenty of opportunities to charge your phone if you can.

Instead of asking for a new battery (which is fair to begin with) just look at other options and opportunities to charge your phone, which isnt all that inconvenient anyways.

Problem with a lot of battery packs is that the iphone doesnt recognize it.

INB4 it shoudnt be that way to begin with. :rolleyes

I got a pack of 3 cables from ebay [shrug]

Last edited:
Bought a brand new refurbished iPhone 5 off eBay and love it. Saved my upgrade too:pimp:  Looks like I'll have to go with the large screen iPhone...if it ever happens. Haha.

I read from Macrumors that the camera will still be 8mp and will have better image stabilization. Are you iPhone heads okay with that?

last time i checked, da iPhone camera is the best in the game especially for an 8mp. (leave Nokia out of this)

Now thinking bout it. Idk now. I love having the freedom of downloading any song/album to my phone as i please.

Damb. :smh:

Bro I wasn't even a droid head like that before the Note 3 (although I had the EVO and hated it) but being able to download straight to your phone (for free) is too clutch. If ya'll only knew how much I put on my phone from my phone dudes would be amazed.

I even download program for my MAC etc straight to my phone then transfer them to my computer when I get a chance because it really is "THAT EASY".

I also feel like Android handles dropbox a lot better. I keep my comic collection and a good deal of music in a dropbox folder since I know I will be away from my MacBook for long periods of time because of work/travel. I can always just pull stuff straight to my note (books, comics, music, movies, really anything). The same can not be said for iOS device even with stupid stuff like epub books etc. Apple really needs to let go of that stranglehold they have ont heir devices.

Lol I have a ton of media and have no issues with my iPhone nor the desire to go to android. That's me though

I still have the 5 I hate the battery my phone dies at like 40% sometimes it sucks. They better perfect it on this one it's about time they make a better battery
You should get your phone replaced, that is not normal. My 5 can last on 1% for up to 30 minutes. I have no complaints with the battery life. The people complaining about battery life, do you not charge your phone at night?Or do you not have a 5 or 5s? My phone last me almost all day 8:30am-7pm, everybody is near an outlet or usb port for some portion of the day I don't understand how battery life is a huge issue. It seems like people want a battery that last 2 days without charging 
tired.gif

Last edited:
How is Dropbox different? I thought it was one standard

well for me (who is currently using both iOS and Android very regularly)

I can download anything in my dropbox straight to my Android Device.

With my iphone I can't. It will allow me to open some documents, and even stream music etc but no way to store them for offline usage.

I read a lot of comics and my friends and I store our music together in one dropbox in order to share our opinions on albums etc. so being able to store my stuff for later is important. Plus who has time to constantly stream music its just an inconvenience.

well for me (who is currently using both iOS and Android very regularly)

I can download anything in my dropbox straight to my Android Device.

With my iphone I can't. It will allow me to open some documents, and even stream music etc but no way to store them for offline usage.

I read a lot of comics and my friends and I store our music together in one dropbox in order to share our opinions on albums etc. so being able to store my stuff for later is important. Plus who has time to constantly stream music its just an inconvenience.
There is an app for that lol iDownloader free, download anything to your iphone

Just recently switched to the iPhone 5s this past Christmas after being with android for some time. Had the galaxy s3 since release and the droid x before that since release. I really only did it for the camera (really enjoy the quality and the faster shutter). Outside of that I'm not too impressed with this phone. Don't get me wrong the software is fluid, but very limiting if you're coming from Android OS. I'll welcome a larger screen if it comes, but I'd rather have a better iOS update that allows more low level use or I'm switching to the S5 pending it still has an SD slot

Back
Top Bottom