iPhone 3G S isn't really faster than the 3G's ...

chi ill

Banned
... in Chicago .

http://www.engadget.com/2...-than-the-3g-in-chicago/
iphone-3g-vs-3g-s-speed-chicago.jpg

There's been talk the last couple days about the fact that there really isn't anywhere in the States to take advantage of the blazing 7.2Mbps downlink connection supported by the iPhone 3G S-- except for one great hope, one diamond in the rough that could become a shining destination for 3G S owners the world over. That destination would be Chicago, where AT&T fired up 7.2Mbps trials late last year, and the hope was that they might be letting lay folk (like us) in on the action in time for the 3G S release. Well, we've been running side-by-side tests today, and the short answer is that we're clearly not accessing 7.2 -- granted, the 3G S is getting marginally faster speeds both up and down, but we figure this can easily be attributed to the new model's faster processor because a doubling of the downlink pipe simply doesn't account for a 100kbps bump in speed (latency was all over the map on both phones, for the record). If you're holding out on upgrading from a 3G to a 3G S, go ahead and crack a smile -- because for now, anyway, this is one spec bump that means precisely zilch in the real world.
Hmmmmm .

hold the two phones and try to load up the same website, the 3gs will be faster.

but not by much.

It actually is, my brother has a 3G i have a 3GS and we compared side by side and it IS faster

Originally Posted by GSDOUBLEU

It actually is, my brother has a 3G i have a 3GS and we compared side by side and it IS faster
Are you in Chicago ?

Originally Posted by Chi ILL

Originally Posted by GSDOUBLEU

Are you in Chicago ?
didn't read it was in Chitown
embarassed.gif

SF FTW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

3gs not worth it plus with the 3.0 os with mms I bet a DEV come up with a way to convert the cycorder to send video from the 3g watch what I tell you
nerd.gif

BUURRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

the latency is a lot better...i dont get it, it's still on the same 3g network.

The phone's hardware is a lot faster that's for sure, im not sure if that was supposed to make the internet faster. it's still 3g on both phones..

Originally Posted by Keithdajuiceman

Originally Posted by LimitedRetroOG

Originally Posted by Kelioos

Originally Posted by LimitedRetroOG

The biggest difference is the video recording.
not really. you could do video recording with the original iphone.

Yeah, when it's jailbroken...
laugh.gif
grin.gif

jailbroken>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>..any phone
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

laugh.gif
at that guy acting like his deadstock phone is the $!@$

Originally Posted by Jonahtheballer

how much faster did yall think it was going to be?
Uhm ...

If they change the whole damn name of the iPhone ... add an 'S' to it ... short for speed ...

You would think it would be wayy more faster than what it is .

Originally Posted by iEternalv

the latency is a lot better...i dont get it, it's still on the same 3g network.

The phone's hardware is a lot faster that's for sure, im not sure if that was supposed to make the internet faster. it's still 3g on both phones..

Different phones will have different internet speeds, even if it's the same network. It's the download and upload speeds that make it faster. I'mguessing they made the phone able to receive and transfer more bytes faster.

Originally Posted by Keithdajuiceman

3gs not worth it plus with the 3.0 os with mms I bet a DEV come up with a way to convert the cycorder to send video from the 3g watch what I tell you
nerd.gif

BUURRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

you can use a file transfer protocol to send video

Back
Top Bottom