Interesting but potentially touchy subject....

right idea, wrong time in history, evol traits take thosands upon thousands of yrs to develop

i would say the  "split" in phyical terms happened when the ansectors of the human race moved up to northern europe, a colder environ, while others stayed behind in africa, where they were more active

Originally Posted by Hazat50

It has nothing to do with the slave trade. You don't think there are highly athletic people still in Africa? Its just genetics that have been developed over centuries. Kenyan's and Ethiopian's dominate long distance running due to how they have developed in high altitude regions but west Africans have developed differently in their region.

I was reading a study that explained why Africans are better athlete runners than their caucasian/white counterparts and why whites are better swimmers. The study did say that race has nothing to do with this, and more about physiological and biological aspects that explained the causations. It all has to do with the belly button. Blacks tend to have their belly buttons placed higher on their bodies. The belly button is the center of gravity for the body. That makes blacks have longer legs and better for running. As for whites, their belly buttons are usually placed lower, so their torsos are longer and this gives them more advantages when it comes to swimming.

It has nothing to do with the slave trade. You don't think there are highly athletic people still in Africa? Its just genetics that have been developed over centuries. Kenyan's and Ethiopian's dominate long distance running due to how they have developed in high altitude regions but west Africans have developed differently in their region.

I was reading a study that explained why Africans are better athlete runners than their caucasian/white counterparts and why whites are better swimmers. The study did say that race has nothing to do with this, and more about physiological and biological aspects that explained the causations. It all has to do with the belly button. Blacks tend to have their belly buttons placed higher on their bodies. The belly button is the center of gravity for the body. That makes blacks have longer legs and better for running. As for whites, their belly buttons are usually placed lower, so their torsos are longer and this gives them more advantages when it comes to swimming.

OP is correct. It is a touchy subject though because it kind of deals with eugenics.
What happened was not evolution. It was more "selective breeding".  Did it take thousands of years to produce any specific dog breed? No. In most cases it took less than a hundred years from existing stock of various other breeds.

OP is correct. It is a touchy subject though because it kind of deals with eugenics.
What happened was not evolution. It was more "selective breeding".  Did it take thousands of years to produce any specific dog breed? No. In most cases it took less than a hundred years from existing stock of various other breeds.

Originally Posted by Hazeleyed Honey

was it this one?

http://news.yahoo.com/s/a...usphysics_20100712165904

Originally Posted by Hazeleyed Honey

was it this one?

http://news.yahoo.com/s/a...usphysics_20100712165904

black people just have an interest in sports. other cultures have their things also
some asians take a liking to engineering, and being good at math is like a prerequisite. there's no genetic predisposition.

black people just have an interest in sports. other cultures have their things also
some asians take a liking to engineering, and being good at math is like a prerequisite. there's no genetic predisposition.

Originally Posted by throwedyonasb

im a smoker so im constantly tyring to theorize about some +!#@. this subject is not new to me lol. african americans ancestors had to make it up out of africa aka the jungle. im sure surviving for generations over there has made them physically superior. just look at the animals from africa compared to some from other countries. hell, look at any wildlife in africa

btw, isnt there a tendon or something on the heel of black peoples foot that others dont have?

Did dat dude just did dis?

If I own slaves, I'm going to take my biggest male slave and force him to make children with my biggest female slave. So on and so forth. We are only what like 6/7 generations out from that time period.

If I own slaves, I'm going to take my biggest male slave and force him to make children with my biggest female slave. So on and so forth. We are only what like 6/7 generations out from that time period.

Originally Posted by throwedyonasb

im a smoker so im constantly tyring to theorize about some +!#@. this subject is not new to me lol. african americans ancestors had to make it up out of africa aka the jungle. im sure surviving for generations over there has made them physically superior. just look at the animals from africa compared to some from other countries. hell, look at any wildlife in africa

btw, isnt there a tendon or something on the heel of black peoples foot that others dont have?

Did dat dude just did dis?

Originally Posted by wawaweewa

Whathappened was not evolution. It was more "selective breeding".  Did ittake thousands of years to produce any specific dog breed? No. In mostcases it took less than a hundred years from existing stock of variousother breeds.
laugh.gif
. No. Why would slavemasters selectively "breed" the fastest slaves? Ifanything that would make them more likely to run away. That theorymakes no sense because running and jumping, which blacks excel in, hasNOTHING to do with slave labor. If that was the case, all African Americans should be 7' tall and jacked.

And if it's really just selective breeding, then native African athletes should be performingaround the same level as whites. But that's not true at all.. manyAfrican-born athletes have broken the 10s mark in the 100m, while nowhite athlete had ever done it until a couple weeks ago.

If I ownslaves, I'm going to take my biggest male slave and force him to makechildren with my biggest female slave. So on and so forth. We are onlywhat like 6/7 generations out from that time period.

Wouldn't that mean that current African-Americans should be taller andmore jacked on average, not slightly shorter and faster/more agile?

The selective breeding thing is nonsense.. major genetic changes cannotoccur in an entire population in the span of 200 years. People ofAfrican descent are naturally more athletic because it was moresuitable for survival in their homeland.

Originally Posted by wawaweewa

Whathappened was not evolution. It was more "selective breeding".  Did ittake thousands of years to produce any specific dog breed? No. In mostcases it took less than a hundred years from existing stock of variousother breeds.
laugh.gif
. No. Why would slavemasters selectively "breed" the fastest slaves? Ifanything that would make them more likely to run away. That theorymakes no sense because running and jumping, which blacks excel in, hasNOTHING to do with slave labor. If that was the case, all African Americans should be 7' tall and jacked.

And if it's really just selective breeding, then native African athletes should be performingaround the same level as whites. But that's not true at all.. manyAfrican-born athletes have broken the 10s mark in the 100m, while nowhite athlete had ever done it until a couple weeks ago.

If I ownslaves, I'm going to take my biggest male slave and force him to makechildren with my biggest female slave. So on and so forth. We are onlywhat like 6/7 generations out from that time period.

Wouldn't that mean that current African-Americans should be taller andmore jacked on average, not slightly shorter and faster/more agile?

The selective breeding thing is nonsense.. major genetic changes cannotoccur in an entire population in the span of 200 years. People ofAfrican descent are naturally more athletic because it was moresuitable for survival in their homeland.

^ some ******ed answers in this thread "black people are just more interested in sports?" gtfohnp

i thought anthro was a required course, please stop spending hundreds on your attire and go back to school, please for the sake of humanity

**just wanted to add onto my first post, that its not only the northern europe migration that caused phyical changes, but also skin tone, the african homeland country for all humans is the most widely accepted thoery on how humans came to be

^ some ******ed answers in this thread "black people are just more interested in sports?" gtfohnp

i thought anthro was a required course, please stop spending hundreds on your attire and go back to school, please for the sake of humanity

**just wanted to add onto my first post, that its not only the northern europe migration that caused phyical changes, but also skin tone, the african homeland country for all humans is the most widely accepted thoery on how humans came to be

--I dont think it has anything to do with the slave trade.
--I do agree with OP about African Americans being able to dominate almost any atheltic sport in a general sense...
--My brother said it's karma. Where they were slaves before and they're killin it now from a financial and physical standpoint.

--Its all genetics IMO.

--I dont think it has anything to do with the slave trade.
--I do agree with OP about African Americans being able to dominate almost any atheltic sport in a general sense...
--My brother said it's karma. Where they were slaves before and they're killin it now from a financial and physical standpoint.

--Its all genetics IMO.

*This*

*This*

Back
Top Bottom