"Instant financial success", or your dream woman that will always be by your side?

Girl or the money?

• Give me the girl

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Give me the money

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
This. 

Looking at the poll results thus far it really proves how materialistic and shallow most people here are.
Does it?

I would take the money just so I can help my family be comfortable and not have to worry about anything anymore.

Just cause some one chooses something different than your answer doesn't mean it is the wrong answer. People seem to forget this is a hypothetical question no right answers no wrong answers. Some people just value things differently in life. I could change and help so many lives with the money and make so many people happy with it.

How many lives you making happy with your dream girl just 2 so now who is shallow and only worrying about themselves?

And maybe just 2, you are happy but how do you know your dream girl is happy?

Last edited:
I'll take a ride or die chick anyday
This. 

Looking at the poll results thus far it really proves how materialistic and shallow most people here are.
Being money driven is not synonomous with being materialistic or shallow. This way of thinking needs to die.
It's so naive and ignorant. Cuz I want to be successful I must be shallow and materialistic? That's that envious make an excuse for why you not doing well failure mentality.

This. 

So people are materialistic and shallow because they want financial success over a "dream girl? So your ultimate goal in life is to find your dream girl??

I see some of you dudes took Eddie Murphy in "Coming to America" way too seriously! :smh:

View media item 233015

Anyone who believes money means "not have to worry about anything anymore." is not only naive, but sadly mistaken. Money doesn't magically make your problems disappear. It can make obstacles you once had easier to climb, but that's the extent of it. I really feel sorry for people who worship money and place it above the things that really matter.

This. 

Being money driven is not synonomous with being materialistic or shallow. This way of thinking needs to die.
It's so naive and ignorant. Cuz I want to be successful I must be shallow and materialistic? That's that envious make an excuse for why you not doing well failure mentality.
I agree 100%

This. 

Does it?

I would take the money just so I can help my family be comfortable and not have to worry about anything anymore.

Just cause some one chooses something different than your answer doesn't mean it is the wrong answer. People seem to forget this is a hypothetical question no right answers no wrong answers. Some people just value things differently in life. I could change and help so many lives with the money and make so many people happy with it.

How many lives you making happy with your dream girl just 2 so now who is shallow and only worrying about themselves?

This but like you said sometimes when people don't pick our answer its gotta be something wrong with it. Just like you with that money it wouldn't be just for me it would help my fam and close friends also.

Anyone who believes money means "not have to worry about anything anymore." is not only naive, but sadly mistaken. Money doesn't magically make your problems disappear. It can make obstacles you once had easier to climb, but that's the extent of it. I really feel sorry for people who worship money and place it above the things that really matter.
in this thread....you would only be placing it above a significant other....not family. not children. not siblings. .......just an imaginary person you would have a chance to bring to life......

i understand where you are coming from tho....and i agree....

If your motivation for financial success is to help your family and close ones I don't see how my comments rustled your jimmies. Clearly my comments don't apply to your particular motivation, so there really isn't a need to quote what I said.

Last edited:
If your motivation for financial success is to help your family and close ones I don't see how my comments rustled your jimmies. Clearly my comments don't apply to your particular motivation, so there really isn't a need to quote what I said.
awesome story. posting it in this particular thread made me think you were talking about the situation in the thread...my bad.

This. 

Does it?

this

also it'd be nice if people explained why they chose either the girl or the money. for me personally, the money would mean A LOT to my family. i've seen my parents work for over 20 years striving to make ends meat for my brother and i. i swear my dad has shaved 10 years off of his life because of how hard he works to provide for us. money doesnt mean EVERYTHING but to people who never had a lot of money, or even an average amount, this is really a no brainer. it would be nice to have a dream girl but having money doesn't mean that every woman you meet will be a gold digger.

even if i dont have a dream girl, i still have family and friends who are even more important to me.

Last edited:
Money would make the journey to my dream woman a lot easier and smoother to go through. It won't make all the problems go away, but it will still smooth out most of the ones I'd have if I would rather be flat broke and have that same woman. She can wait.

There are so many more things to put your money towards than there are to put your dream woman towards. Dream woman is only for you, but money, if you weren't feeling selfish, you'd be able to share the wealth with family and etc.

I for one would fill a room in my house to the top with ball pit balls and have the time of my life not thinking about the woman of my dreams. :lol:

Last edited:
:frown:  i'd like to think i am decent looking........

but you are assuming all the options are there for you because you look good.....

GOT EM!!!

Being attractive gives a man/woman options to get to know many people.
You have the ability to "pre-screen" a lot of people, ultimately choosing 1 person you would like to get to know a little more.
Once you get to learn a person, see what their character/personality/values are like, then you can date them.
Once you date them and their character/personality/values stand the test of time, then you can take that person seriously and make that person your partner.
Then when the time is right, you open the faucet.
Am I missing something?

^^maybe there was a misunderstanding....

i assumed the persons in your 'options' were there because you had the chance to meet them because of your looks......

if you were ugly those options wouldnt be there.....?

unlesss.......its ok to be shallow at first...then after getting to know you...they like you as an individual?............ok i get it....srs.

absolute money corrupts absolutely....would you be more inclined to be a corrupt individual through money or through having your dream girl?

I understand people going for the money to help their fam...no doubt about it. But personally I think you mofo's are short-sighted....your thinking you can do good by your fam through money, but not with a girl that is with you on all fronts, gives you a different perspective(s) to view situations? I think having the ride or die girl can serve more long term benefit to your fam than then temporary assuage of situations your family is going through w/ money. Your gonna stay having to cut checks if you think like this....then what happens? Is their love conditional after that....or more conditional for better words?

Last edited:
in a perfect world, i would take the ride or die chick
money doesnt buy honesty and loyalty, there are too many snakes in this world.
financial success is more satisfying when you earned it.
everything starts and ends with relationships

absolute money corrupts absolutely....would you be more inclined to be a corrupt individual through money or through having your dream girl?

I understand people going for the money to help their fam...no doubt about it. But personally I think you mofo's are short-sighted....your thinking you can do good by your fam through money, but not with a girl that is with you on all fronts, gives you a different perspective(s) to view situations? I think having the ride or die girl can serve more long term benefit to your fam than then temporary assuage of situations your family is going through w/ money. Your gonna stay having to cut checks if you think like this....then what happens? Is their love conditional after that....or more conditional for better words?
mean.gif
Dudes are gonna end up like A.I. and Antione Walker.

How does it make one short sighted to help their family?

If I pay for my sisters college tuition with my money and now she is successful as well how is that short sighted?

Or if I pay off my aunts home so she can provide for her kids better how is that short sighted?

And please back it up with facts not your opinion.

There is no right or wrong answer so calling people short sighted because they think differently is dumb.

Everyone aspires for certain things in life and what YOU value greater than the other is your opinion and it is not wrong in anyway. Opinions cannot be wrong. Nor are they factual.

I am not saying you are wrong im just saying people shouldnt be calling people short sighted, naive, shallow or any other name for an opinion based question that cannot be proved factually correct or incorrect

Last edited:
Did not see it steezin that way.

Honestly though the older I get, the harder I work, the more success and money comes in. Finding a female with a real connection and the patience to deal with me is tough. I don't know.

I feel you need to love/like yourself and what you've made of yourself in order to fully love someone else, forget what the woman's motives for being with you are, ALWAYS focus on you first, if you are a dude with good common sense, chances are you won end up with a gold digger, gold-diggers are not nessesarily the smartest girls, the dudes getting caught up with them are just idiots.

So I'll take the success, be happy with myself, love myself, then focus on finding the right woman, someone that will compliment you and be successful togetherx

Ya forgetting that unsuccessful, bum dudes more often than not end up foreveralone....ya too concern with being successful and attracting gold-diggers, this is where your common sense as a man should kick in.

How does it make one short sighted to help their family?

If I pay for my sisters college tuition with my money and now she is successful as well how is that short sighted?
Or if I pay off my aunts home so she can provide for her kids better how is that short sighted?
And please back it up with facts not your opinion.

There is no right or wrong answer so calling people short sighted because they think differently is dumb.

Everyone aspires for certain things in life and what YOU value greater than the other is your opinion and it is not wrong in anyway. Opinions cannot be wrong. Nor are they factual.

I am not saying you are wrong im just saying people shouldnt be calling people short sighted, naive, shallow or any other name for an opinion based question that cannot be proved factually correct or incorrect

your short-sighted in terms of recognizing potential problems that could arise from money down the road.

You can very well pay off for your sisters loans and blah blah blah and nothing negative can come from it but playing within the rules of the original question in op's post, like I said you would be more inclined to have negative situations be brought about through picking the money over the woman.

Don't ask for facts on a hypothetical situation being posed, just educated guesses.

:smh: Dudes are gonna end up like A.I. and Antione Walker.

You just mentioned 2 dudes who had NO financial guidance.

If you're smart with your money when you achieve financial success, you won't end up like those 2 idiots or any other athlete/rapper/celebrity who blew all their money overnight.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom