*Ink my whole body I dont give a mother f..*Terrelle Pryor OUT first 5 games of '11 (link)

I hate the NCAA. I was going to post the article Rolaholic posted. Basically OSU made @%$+ up so that the NCAA could use their idiotic rules to not have them suspended for the bowl game.

laugh.gif
pryor tweeted yesterday "I paid for my tattoos"
laugh.gif
yea after you sold all your *$+# for money

Coming from an OSU student (and graduate in June 
pimp.gif
 ), here are my thoughts:

-There is no way these players did this to help their families.  They are awarded nearly $1500 a month stipend + the highest meal swipe allotment we have at OSU, so they are not living poorly even if they are paying rent/bills on campus.

- If they really did it to help their families, I wouldn't be seeing Pryor on campus rocking a $240 Gucci baseball cap and dapper suits after games.

- I respect them trying to get their hustle on if they so choose, but don't sell it yourself...be a little more covert fellas.

- The NCAA is a joke by allowing them to play in the Sugar Bowl just to cash in.

- Buckeye fans here are most disappointed that they sold items such as the Gold Pants b/c that means everything to us here (beating UM). If they were in trouble for selling autographs or game-used items only, I don't think there would be as much outrage here.

That's all for now.

Coming from an OSU student (and graduate in June 
pimp.gif
 ), here are my thoughts:

-There is no way these players did this to help their families.  They are awarded nearly $1500 a month stipend + the highest meal swipe allotment we have at OSU, so they are not living poorly even if they are paying rent/bills on campus.

- If they really did it to help their families, I wouldn't be seeing Pryor on campus rocking a $240 Gucci baseball cap and dapper suits after games.

- I respect them trying to get their hustle on if they so choose, but don't sell it yourself...be a little more covert fellas.

- The NCAA is a joke by allowing them to play in the Sugar Bowl just to cash in.

- Buckeye fans here are most disappointed that they sold items such as the Gold Pants b/c that means everything to us here (beating UM). If they were in trouble for selling autographs or game-used items only, I don't think there would be as much outrage here.

That's all for now.

Originally Posted by MaxElite

I never understood why you couldn't even sell your OWN game worn jersey. What if a player bought a jersey from the campus bookstore and then re-sold it after that? Would that be a violation, too? (serious question, btw)

If you could sell your stuff whats stopping a booster from buying your jersey for $500k hoping youll stay for your senior season?

Its about keeping the students and student-athletes on a similar level.

I can see both sides of the situation here, but the NCAA is a joke in reards to their penalties.

I never understood why you couldn't even sell your OWN game worn jersey. What if a player bought a jersey from the campus bookstore and then re-sold it after that? Would that be a violation, too? (serious question, btw)

If you could sell your stuff whats stopping a booster from buying your jersey for $500k hoping youll stay for your senior season?

I can see both sides of the situation here, but the NCAA is a joke in reards to their penalties.

Originally Posted by Durden7

Cosign.

I know about money problems as a young person in school, BUT if these dudes are getting meals paid for and they get $1500 a month like dude on last page said (correct me if I'm wrong), then by no means are they struggling. They just trying to live "that life".

Rules are rules as they say.

Cosign.

I know about money problems as a young person in school, BUT if these dudes are getting meals paid for and they get $1500 a month like dude on last page said (correct me if I'm wrong), then by no means are they struggling. They just trying to live "that life".

Originally Posted by RKO2004

Cosign.

As an tOSU student, ill confirm the stipend, add to the fact that they get additional money when needed(requested).

Cosign.

As an tOSU student, ill confirm the stipend, add to the fact that they get additional money when needed(requested).

Originally Posted by Sorkoram

Cosign.

eek.gif
ah then oh well. They getting more than I'm getting with a job. Plus bowl presents. If you truly feel the NCAA is dead wrong here, then
laugh.gif

They getting free money, food, Nike apparel, and education paid for at a big university? SIGN MY BLACK #%+ UP NOW!

Maybe the NCAA should break them off more but in a way, how much extra should these kids be getting?

Cosign.

eek.gif
ah then oh well. They getting more than I'm getting with a job. Plus bowl presents. If you truly feel the NCAA is dead wrong here, then
laugh.gif

They getting free money, food, Nike apparel, and education paid for at a big university? SIGN MY BLACK #%+ UP NOW!

Maybe the NCAA should break them off more but in a way, how much extra should these kids be getting?

Cosign.

eek.gif
laugh.gif

Man most importantly of all they are getting a free education.  I wish I could have got a full ride scholarship, instead with grades better than a majority of the players in college sports I am in debt due to school.  These players don't deserve anything more, they are getting money for school, room and board, food, plus all the extras that are given to them by the athletic department and they are absolutely babied by them given all the help they need.  Kids these days just don't know how to step back and appreciate that and are trying to live beyond their means.

Cosign.

eek.gif
laugh.gif

Man most importantly of all they are getting a free education.  I wish I could have got a full ride scholarship, instead with grades better than a majority of the players in college sports I am in debt due to school.  These players don't deserve anything more, they are getting money for school, room and board, food, plus all the extras that are given to them by the athletic department and they are absolutely babied by them given all the help they need.  Kids these days just don't know how to step back and appreciate that and are trying to live beyond their means.

Cosign.

eek.gif
laugh.gif

As much "extra" as the NCAA factored into the decision to not suspend them for the bowl game....in otherwords $$$$$.

But on a serious note. I dont even care anymore if the NCAA is doing the "right" thing or not. They have no credibility period.

Cosign.

eek.gif
laugh.gif

As much "extra" as the NCAA factored into the decision to not suspend them for the bowl game....in otherwords $$$$$.

But on a serious note. I dont even care anymore if the NCAA is doing the "right" thing or not. They have no credibility period.

Originally Posted by airblaster503

Cosign.

eek.gif
laugh.gif

Cosign,

Realistically, how much extra can you really give them. They are going to universities that cost thousands for normal out of state kids, for FREE! I'd be cool with a free education. But to get meals, side cash and free apparel? Like I said, sign me up.

I never realized how much these dudes got until this thread. At $1500, they are getting paid to go to school and play football. Everything extra is a blessing. Greedy dudes. But how can we blame them when we see often in this very section of NT, enablers and people who you wouldn't want around your kids exactly. These are the people they are usually around on a daily basis.

But hey, if anyone has any ideas as to how much more they should get, then post them. I don't know how much better it gets than free education when realistically, only a few people from each school go pro in athletics.

laugh.gif
They get hella free stuff at the bowl games though.

We have to remember here, the NCAA is a business so they must protect their investment. They have to sell their product plus keep it from getting a black eye over players getting caught up in bad situations.

But for example, a school cost $12,000 a year to attend. You get to go for free, you get free meals, money, etc. What else are we talking about here?

Originally Posted by airblaster503

Cosign.

eek.gif
laugh.gif

Cosign,

Realistically, how much extra can you really give them. They are going to universities that cost thousands for normal out of state kids, for FREE! I'd be cool with a free education. But to get meals, side cash and free apparel? Like I said, sign me up.

I never realized how much these dudes got until this thread. At $1500, they are getting paid to go to school and play football. Everything extra is a blessing. Greedy dudes. But how can we blame them when we see often in this very section of NT, enablers and people who you wouldn't want around your kids exactly. These are the people they are usually around on a daily basis.

But hey, if anyone has any ideas as to how much more they should get, then post them. I don't know how much better it gets than free education when realistically, only a few people from each school go pro in athletics.

laugh.gif
They get hella free stuff at the bowl games though.

We have to remember here, the NCAA is a business so they must protect their investment. They have to sell their product plus keep it from getting a black eye over players getting caught up in bad situations.

But for example, a school cost $12,000 a year to attend. You get to go for free, you get free meals, money, etc. What else are we talking about here?

NCAA is shady business, but we already knew that.

Ohio State still has the capacity of winning theiir bowl game after evidential proof of wrongdoing, yet the contradictory nature of this is that, USC and others have been stripped of certain bowl games retroactive to a season because of known wrongdoing long after the season had been completed. WHAT?!?! Dumb!

This is strictly directed at the NCAA and has nothing do with an individual attack on Pryor, others, or the OSU. Just so we're clear.

NCAA is shady business, but we already knew that.

Ohio State still has the capacity of winning theiir bowl game after evidential proof of wrongdoing, yet the contradictory nature of this is that, USC and others have been stripped of certain bowl games retroactive to a season because of known wrongdoing long after the season had been completed. WHAT?!?! Dumb!

This is strictly directed at the NCAA and has nothing do with an individual attack on Pryor, others, or the OSU. Just so we're clear.

Back
Top Bottom