Inglourious Basterds Thread!!!NEIN NEIN NEIN NEIN!!!!

I saw this the other night and loved it. I felt the basement scene was great at its length because it gave you an idea of the human element to these Nazis,just like in the dinner scene they gave you an idea of how Nazis lived in a world in which they thought they were working toward the future. Remember how thehead of Propoganda or whatever was excited about Zoller's speaking abilities and was going to groom him to be a politician? Also I liked the Mike Myersscene for the old guy at the piano. For some reason I just kept thinking, "I bet that's a member of the Rothschild family or some world-economic giantmaking sure strings are pulled on both sides of the war." Things like that really got me into the film. I liked this movie because it was more about WorldWar II as an experience through different perspectives than simply The Basterds on a mission. On top of that this was cool because I feel like it started offrealistic and purposefully became more and more deranged. The basement scene wasn't too wordy to me because it played out in real time. By the end of thefilm, I felt like this was great because of how far QT took it and how reckless he was things like music and Sam's narration in order to get emotion andstory telling across as well as possible.

At the end of the film I just assumed that Aldo "The Apache" Raine goes on to run for the Presidency and wins.

Originally Posted by man listen

Originally Posted by emmanuelabor

Im not sayin having the black guy in the theater was the shot...but when I saw him at the theater it was a "I bet some kinda shot is gonna be taken now that I see this guy in the movie" moment. Like IncredibleEv said, this time period and location wouldnt really call for a black guy being in the movie at all.
When they were at the restaurant and the director was on some rant about how the US only won the olympics on the back of slaves...or how Landa had said something about him understanding why the black guy would be good as a projectionist......or the guess in the card game in that bar
its nothing really major, but QT always seems to make a point of including some derogatory statements about black people in his movies when its uncalled for.
The King Kong puzzle was more like a PSA to black folks tho. There is a lot of subliminal racism that in movies that goes over peoples heads (Hancock)
I thought is was QT sayin that the movie King Kong was an allegory for the African American experience in America. Never knew that. But thequestion is whether the author or writer of King Kong actually had that idea in mind, when writing it, or was it simply an interpretation by the audience.
when hans landa asked if he could smoke his pipe as well, i was rollin when dude pulled that monstrosity out
laugh.gif
( pause )
Word. I busted out laughing when he pulled that pipe out. No one else in the theater did though
eyes.gif
. My sense of humor must be pretty f-ed up. Then again, people were laughing atsome of the butchering scenes, similar to how QT showed Hitler laughing at the movie he was watching
eyes.gif
. Anyways, why was the beer mug used by the German in the basement scene, 5 timeslarger than the others?

you guys are nuts for saying this dialogue was boring and mundane and not entertaining.

chapter 1 - Landa playing with the Frenchman...pretty much flawless scene in terms of dialogue. AU REVOIR SHOSHANNAHHHH!!!

chapter 2 - great lines from Aldo (business is a-boomin, "if you ever wanna eat a sauerkraut san'ich again, take ur weinerschnitzel lickin finger and put it on this here map...) i can go on, also the Bear Jew in this scene and the part where they recruit Stiglitz "seein if you wanna go pro"

chapter 3 - admittedly it dragged a little but the exchanges with Shoshannah and Zoller were character explorations...a Nazi hitting on a Jew, it makes for interesting conversation. plus this had the strudel scene which was one of my favorites in the movie.

chapter 4 - i liked the dialogue with Mike Myers and Churchill and Hicox even though its Tarantino self-indulging in his movie love. lots of foreshadowing in this chapter (Hicox telling Stiglitz to remain calm cause they arent getting into danger...just meeting the contact...heh), then the bar scene which is almost as flawless as the first scene when it comes strictly to the dialogue. from when the Major sits with them through their game until the end, incredible.

chapter 5 - really great Landa in this scene from the Italian part to the exchanges with Aldo and Utivich.

this movie is so +#+%$!@ good man, it is meant to be seen multiple times. do it. Christoph Waltz is a lock for best supporting Oscar...prob should get Best Actor
I completely agree about the diagloue. Christoph Waltz was terrific in every scene. He should win Best Actor.

I'm still confused with what QT was trying to convey with Shoshannah and Zoller. Shoshannah is motivated by revenge. Zoller actually seems cynical aboutthe fame and glory of his war story and tells Shoshannah he didn't like watching himself kill in the movie. Then he's shot by her. Then she feelsremorse for him, and her reward is getting shot herself. I don't get it.

Overall, the movie was very entertaining. What I didn't like was the quick transition from brutal violence to a quirky one liner( baseball bat scene).There wasn't anytime in between to digest what you've just seen.

Back
Top Bottom