In your opinion...who is the most COMPLETE back in the NFL?

I'm really thinking Leon Washington (no bias) would have a shot, if it wasn't for his lack of blocking. It's not that he can't block, it'sjust it'd be better if he was a bigger guy (listed at 5'8", 202 lbs). He has the speed, the moves, and the heart. If he was utilized more as a 3down RB instead of (majority of the time) a 3rd down RB, you'd all be able to see it.

1. Adrian Peterson
2. Brian Westbrook
3. Clinton Portis
4. Ladanian Tomlinson
5. Frank Gore

matt forte! He can run, block, and catch out of the backfield! he is above average in all of those categories!

I can see not agreeing with Westbrook as the most complete back (I'm not even sure he is), but how are you going to not have him on the list at all?He's obviously having a down year, due to the ankle injury and Reid's refusal to commit to the run. But he's still one of the most complete backsin the league.

Because to me a complete back should be able to run between the tackles. I guess that's not important at all to be considered a complete back huh?

If Reggie Bush isn't a complete back then how the hell is Westbrook one?

If he was utilized more as a 3 down RB instead of (majority of the time) a 3rd down RB, you'd all be able to see it.
Nah what makes him good is being a 3rd down back. no way he could ever hack it as a full time back.

Originally Posted by DaJoka004

I can see not agreeing with Westbrook as the most complete back (I'm not even sure he is), but how are you going to not have him on the list at all? He's obviously having a down year, due to the ankle injury and Reid's refusal to commit to the run. But he's still one of the most complete backs in the league.

Well Joka, I did put "etc...etc.." at the end
nerd.gif

that being said, how is Westbrook in pass protection?

laugh.gif
this is obviously a thread to hype up Portis.
DJs knows Portis is generally brought up as a complete back, he just wanted everyone to reaffirm it for him
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

First names that pop up in my head are:
Brian Westbrook
Frank Gore
Adrian Peterson

but I'm gonna bring it back in the day.
This used to be the dude:

p1_martin_curtis_ap.jpg

Very solid and Under-rated in the pass protection. A very patient runner and can catch as well.
pimp.gif

Curtis "My Favorite" Martin. (homer? maybe)

frank gore? really?

he is good, but will occasionally miss a blitz pick up.
and of course, always a liability to put the ball on the ground
grin.gif

he's still a top 5 back in the league though.

i can't really put a name out there for the most complete back right now. it used to be LT, but he's slipping. i'll see how the rest finish offthis season.

Man, yall really puttin words in my mouth.....I never said nothing about Portis. As a matter of fact, I'd say AD and "maybe" Marion Barber aremore complete backs than Portis. I think CP is in the top 3-5, but I wouldn't put him in that top spot. No way.

LT 2 years ago>any active rb. now? not so much. to answer the question tho, i'd say portis. i've always liked him

Matt forte
Maurice Jones Drew
Steven Jackson

Doesn't mean they're the best, they just do way more things better than others, making them complete Running Backs

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

Originally Posted by DaJoka004

I can see not agreeing with Westbrook as the most complete back (I'm not even sure he is), but how are you going to not have him on the list at all? He's obviously having a down year, due to the ankle injury and Reid's refusal to commit to the run. But he's still one of the most complete backs in the league.

Well Joka, I did put "etc...etc.." at the end
nerd.gif

that being said, how is Westbrook in pass protection?
Fine. I'll put it this way: I never get angry at him for costing us a sack.

Adrian Peterson just lacks pass blocking a little, other than that hes amazing, i really dont get why they dont use him more in the pass game, hes deadly inopen space

steven jackson
clinton portis
marion barber
tomlinson despite his bad season
brian westbrook

Back
Top Bottom