Illegal Downloading.....Vol. 80,000$

Originally Posted by 23kidd

This may sound like a dumb question...but how do they catch you?
nerd.gif
nerd.gif
roll.gif
ur IP address

Originally Posted by daprescription

Originally Posted by MilitaryIV

Originally Posted by Ripfan8I6

laugh.gif
at anyone who uses limewire

tpb all day
...like a public tracking torrent site is any safer
laugh.gif
same thing i was going to say
smh.gif
tpb is alot safer because it's easier to judge how legitimate the file is. If it has hundreds of seeders and good comments, its almost alwaysa safe file. You just need to be careful

Originally Posted by shakaraka

No way of downloading is safe, if they gonna get you, they will.
2hpotg9.jpg

thats not including my external

Originally Posted by dj sven

Originally Posted by daprescription

Originally Posted by MilitaryIV

Originally Posted by Ripfan8I6

laugh.gif
at anyone who uses limewire

tpb all day
...like a public tracking torrent site is any safer
laugh.gif
same thing i was going to say
smh.gif
tpb is alot safer because it's easier to judge how legitimate the file is. If it has hundreds of seeders and good comments, its almost always a safe file. You just need to be careful
the comments help, but the seed ratio has nothin to do with if it gets tracked or not

This is why I still pay for my music, albeit 5 cents per song, but I'm at least honest about it.

i know there were lots of people all over the nation who were completely shook when they saw this story on aol.com

bet u anything NT'ers moms here started yellin their kids for downloading songs and how they aint bailin em outta jail

Uploading is illegal not dl'ing.
They claim that whenever you dl off of torrents you're technically uploading at the same time to other users.

Strictly dl'ing is not illegal. They get people for uploading not dl'ing.

The only people the RIAA will catch are the least sophisticated/ least knowledgeable of file sharers.
Their entire campaign is based on instilling fear into the general public but it's completely asinine since those users that do dl tons are a bit moresophisticated and either aren't worth pursuit (because the the RIAA case will be flimsy in court) or the RIAA simply can't track them down.

I used to torrent a lot of movies, and I used this thing called "Peer Guardian" which apparently blocks IPs from a list that will try to connect toyour PC if you are seeding, I believe. I'm not so sure about it, but I've stopped mainly because my memory is getting quite low.

Although I'm tempted to go get the Bucket List.
nerd.gif

Edit: Yeah I know PG isn't that helpful, but it is like a dream catcher for me. Makes me sleep better at night while it downloads.

Peer Guardian is good. Ipfilter works as well as long as you get an updated list. For music waffles.fm, and or what.cd. Best quality private trackers formusic. Insane speeds.

If you're really paranoid look into seedboxes.

(Before someone asks. A seedbox is a private dedicated server used for the uploading and downloading of digital files.[sup]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Seedbox#cite_note-0[/sup]Seedboxes generally make use of the bittorrent protocol for uploadingand downloading.)

For the slow. It's somewhere to download your stuff. If someone comes looking for you it is not connected with your home pc or ip.

Get on better sites then tpb. Try torrentleech, bitsoup, midnight-torrents, at least demonoid.

I use downloadhelper with firefox
pimp.gif
, whenever I just want to download individual singles. But when it comes to mixtapes i use the rs and mu type sites.

Originally Posted by Apollo XXXIII

Kazaa was
pimp.gif
back then.

smh.gif
if you're still using it to this day though.
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
word

she prolly got caught cuz i realized back in '01 i realized that when u first d/l kazaa it automatically comes in the preferences that uploading is on...so as soon as you install it it starts uploading files... u could turn it off tho

That's a hell of a lot of money. Didn't know people still used those programs like Kazaa & Limewire. Stopped using that $@%! 5-6 years ago.

Torrents are in a whole other realm because they brake up a single file into many parts. So even if you're uploading you're only uploading 1/20th ofthe file which by itself is garbage. Even if the file was readable it would be so small that it could fall under fair use laws (the same laws that let artisitlike Girl Talk sample free of charge). The legalities of prosecuting someone who downloaded a snippet of any type of media is rocky at best. The RIAA wouldntbe able to let people host items such as movie trailers because they too are just snippets of the final product.

Back
Top Bottom