Originally Posted by prestigeworldwidex21

The worst thing next to a humble brag is a friend brag 
30t6p3b.gif
Humble friend brag.

Just examples, though.

Originally Posted by RFX45

The richest people I know are all generally modest and live below their means.

My family friend who is liquid at about $100 mil has a seven million dollar house in Malibu (not the most expensive in that area) and a Ferrari, his house is nice but it isn't furnished in gold toilets or anything and he could easily afford a Bugatti with another 5 ferraris. No over the top jewelry or clothes, I think he has an AP.

That still isn't low key though and to be honest, having a $7m house & Ferrari isn't modest at all. 
laugh.gif
 It's not balling out of control but I don't think people here would consider that low-key.
Can we agree that a 7 million dollar house when you are worth 120+ mil is living under your means?

Not in comparison to Ingvar Kamprad who is a billionaire and still drives an 15 year old Volvo and flies coach.  

The richest people I know are all generally modest and live below their means.

My family friend who is liquid at about $100 mil has a seven million dollar house in Malibu (not the most expensive in that area) and a Ferrari, his house is nice but it isn't furnished in gold toilets or anything and he could easily afford a Bugatti with another 5 ferraris. No over the top jewelry or clothes, I think he has an AP.

That still isn't low key though and to be honest, having a $7m house & Ferrari isn't modest at all. 
laugh.gif
 It's not balling out of control but I don't think people here would consider that low-key.
Can we agree that a 7 million dollar house when you are worth 120+ mil is living under your means?
If a person is worth $120+ mil, the only way he'd be living within his means is if he spends $100mil annually so obviously he'd be living under his means. A lot of millionaire/billionaire does. It's still not low-key or modest, a $7m house is a $7m house and a Ferrari is a Ferrari (he probably has other luxury cars too). But yeah, if I were worth that kind of money, I'd probably spend the same as he does but I certainly not going to say it's low-key or modest. If i have a half a million car and tell my mom that's me being modest, I'd probably get smacked upside the head. 
laugh.gif

I don't like stunting on people but I'll probably dress like %@+@ for a couple of weeks then pull up in a Koenigsegg CCR to school for a day to see people's reaction. lol
oh yeh, if I was rich ballin' out of control, I'mma open up my own car garage to tune cars and sell parts and whatnot

I'll do whatever makes me happy. I'm not into jewelry aside from watches and I probably wouldnt even buy a home. I would just live in different hotels every night. I love traveling by myself and I would just get good @++ hotels every night.

laugh.gif
If a person is worth $120+ mil, the only way he'd be living within his means is if he spends $100mil annually so obviously he'd be living under his means.
Math isn't your strongest subject.

Spending 100 mil annually when your total worth is $120 mil wouldn't be living within your means, it would mean going bankrupt.

laugh.gif

Sorry for making this into an argument, that wasn't my intention.

Originally Posted by megatron

I'll do whatever makes me happy. I'm not into jewelry aside from watches and I probably wouldnt even buy a home. I would just live in different hotels every night. I love traveling by myself and I would just get good @++ hotels every night.
What about your girl? You gotta buy her a lot of nice stuff and take her to all the cool concerts and sporting events right?

Originally Posted by scshift

There is a big difference between new money and old money.

New money is generally more into showing off, right?

There's that stereotype/image of the rich under-30 kids in Silicon Valley cruising around in an orange Lamborghini with slides on, and the older people in limousines going to functions.
Old money just refers to wealth that's been passed down from generation to generation.

New money isn't really a coined term like old money but I'm sure you could find plenty of people with "new money" who aren't into showing off and vice versa for old money.

I'd be paranoid as +%+%. I already know family would have me on speed dial trying to get the next loan. And I love my family so I'd probably be doling out money left and right.

And to those who would floss in them expensively nice automobiles, where would you park? You better not even stop them things to get gas lol...you're a target now and you have to adjust to that. Or end up a statistic.

You can't stay away from the bad guys forever and unfortunately, money only attracts them like a moth to a flame.

My whip and jewelry game would be mad proppa. No I wouldnt buy a Bugatti. A few SUV's, couple Italian sport cars, few luxury german cars and thats it.
 I wouldnt go clubbing at all though. But my ice game would be glacier
Be investing in a lot of businesses & building new apartments/houses then sellin em.
Lets not lie I dont think any of us could keep it low key. All of us would buy nice cars so thats not keepin it low key

I'd really be straight with a 2 million dollar house in the Oakland Hills and a S65 AMG.

Jewelry does very little for me, a solid rotation of nice watches and I'm good on that front. Wardrobe would be proper.

I'd travel the world. Do some serious work in the community.

Probably %#*@ around and buy or start a pro soccer team and bring it to the East Bay or San Francisco.

That's about it.

Oh you'd know I was rich, but not from what I have, but from what I've done. With that money I'm funding some legit businesses and bringing crazy stuff to the public.

In terms of materials? Cars all day. I'm driving around in Lamborghinis, Porsches, Nissan GT-R, etc. Sweatpants and t-shirts with an extensive Kobe collection for shoes. Cars and house are the only things that get money though, jewelry, watches, accessories and alcohol, food and partying I don't give a damn about.

Daily driver:

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
Fam, you wouldn't eat though? 
laugh.gif

You got a good head on your shoulders but come on famlay.. FOOD

I just had to point that out because it threw me off.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Patrick Bateman

Other than that, I'd be looking for more ways to make money, spend time with my woman, and enjoying the freedom and opportunities money allows (vacations, doing fun things for other people etc). 
this. 
pimp.gif

I'd still pursue my career but money gives me an opportunity to really have fun on vacations and whatever weekends I get off---Flying to Amsterdam for the weekend FTW
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by PRIME

Oh you'd know I was rich, but not from what I have, but from what I've done. With that money I'm funding some legit businesses and bringing crazy stuff to the public.

In terms of materials? Cars all day. I'm driving around in Lamborghinis, Porsches, Nissan GT-R, etc. Sweatpants and t-shirts with an extensive Kobe collection for shoes. Cars and house are the only things that get money though, jewelry, watches, accessories and alcohol, food and partying I don't give a damn about.

Daily driver:

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
Fam, you wouldn't eat though? 
laugh.gif

You got a good head on your shoulders but come on famlay.. FOOD

I just had to point that out because it threw me off.
laugh.gif

Oh I meant I wouldn't eat at expensive restaurants. I'm more of a cheap food guy like Chipotle and stuff, I've been to fancy restaurants where tabs were $50+ a person and not only did I think the price was ridiculous, the food wasn't that great.

Don't get me wrong, I LOVE food (maybe a little too much
laugh.gif
), but it's the food I'm accustomed to eating.

i would subtly floss. get a decent crib and some whips. wouldnt do anything outrageously 

you dudes is crazy with this humble talk

gotta go all out, everyday.

you never know what happens after death, if anything happens at all.

Back
Top Bottom