If you were starting a team....vol. Bosh v. Amare

I lost some respect for Bosh last year when he couldn't carry the Raptors. He gets his numbers, but the team didn't win games. 33 wins last year wasunacceptable. 3rd worst team in the Eastern Conference? If Bosh was so good why didn't they win more games?

With that sad, I'd still take Bosh.
laugh.gif

Amare, but I prefer PF's who don't shoot 48% so I'm a little biased.

Not to mention Amare is the leading scorer on the best team in the league.

Not to mention Amare was killing Bosh tonight.

You guys talking like Bosh is wayyyyy better then STAT. I agree he's a better all around player but not by that far. Maybe after this season is over, youguys will change your mind.

Originally Posted by Futuristic

You feel me. But 40% of the time Amare had a smaller opponent on him.. thinking of it, I think if Amare was on the Raptors, they would have a better record.
But I believe Bosh is a better player.. Yeah I don't understand myself either haha

Originally Posted by Osh Kosh Bosh

Originally Posted by DOWNTOWN43

OKB? dude is so biased its not even funny... always finding some random obscure stat to support his viewpoints
eyes.gif
Biased? tell me where I'm wrong.

Why is it even remotely exceptable that Amare Staudomire who plays on a team that takes more shots than any one can only get 7.8 rebounds?
The Amaré Stoudemire who is most dependent on a single player to get him the ball? Steve Nash
The Amare who's efficiency drops by 15 points when Steve is not on the court.

Why should I assume that the Amare Staudomire who plays with Steve Nash is the same as the one without him because there is a significant decrease in his numbers when Steve isn't dropping him dimes.

Chris Bosh has proven and is proving right now that he can produce with significant portion of the possessions running through without having Steve Nash. Chirs Bosh right now is playing better ball then Amare ever has in his whole career. People just aren't paying attention.

Bosh has got 28 12 with only 2 turnovers son is balling as good as anyone not named Chris Paul.

Contract year

I think we all know who I would pick in this debate. I dont want to discredit Amare by any means, because with the talents he has, he does well for himself.Granted, Steve is a great point guard to play with; but even so, Amare uses the talents he has to his advantage.

However, Bosh has impressed me so far this year. The man has nearly stopped taking jumpers, and is determined to play physical down on the blocks everypossession. I'm quite impressed with his mindset this year... Hes making great decisions on the court, and is stepping up when needed.

Just my two cents though.
wink.gif

Originally Posted by Jdiddy931

Originally Posted by Futuristic

You feel me. But 40% of the time Amare had a smaller opponent on him.. thinking of it, I think if Amare was on the Raptors, they would have a better record.
But I believe Bosh is a better player.. Yeah I don't understand myself either haha

Looks at name, sig, and avy...

roll.gif

Originally Posted by Osh Kosh Bosh

Originally Posted by DOWNTOWN43

OKB? dude is so biased its not even funny... always finding some random obscure stat to support his viewpoints
eyes.gif
Biased? tell me where I'm wrong.

Why is it even remotely exceptable that Amare Staudomire who plays on a team that takes more shots than any one can only get 7.8 rebounds?
The Amaré Stoudemire who is most dependent on a single player to get him the ball? Steve Nash
The Amare who's efficiency drops by 15 points when Steve is not on the court.

Why should I assume that the Amare Staudomire who plays with Steve Nash is the same as the one without him because there is a significant decrease in his numbers when Steve isn't dropping him dimes.

Chris Bosh has proven and is proving right now that he can produce with significant portion of the possessions running through without having Steve Nash. Chirs Bosh right now is playing better ball then Amare ever has in his whole career. People just aren't paying attention.

Bosh has got 28 12 with only 2 turnovers son is balling as good as anyone not named Chris Paul.

I just realized you shouldn't be taken seriously but...

They take the 7th most shots in the league, don't spread those lies.

You guys talking like Bosh is wayyyyy better then STAT. I agree he's a better all around player but not by that far.
Bosh 28 ppg, Stat 18 ppg

well he's scoring waaayyyy more points.

Bosh 11.8 reb, Stat 7.9 reb

he grabs waaaayyyy more rebounds.

Bosh 2.2 ast, Stat 0.8 ast

as far as pf's go he dishes waaayyy more assists.

Maybe after this season is over, you guys will change your mind.
no one is going to change their mind. team record doesnt say squat about who is better.

Bosh is going to have the superior statline at the end of the season regardless.

and if he had steve nash he'd average 30+ easily.

Amare is one of those freaks of nature, if this guy played 100% all the time, nobody would even touch him.

But that is all upside, he still has yet to show the urge to play defense or rebound like a big man should.

I like Amare a lot, but I'll go with Bosh. Those rebounds can be crucial.

Bosh, they are both second banana's but Bosh can fill that role better. Amare is also too injury prone.

Originally Posted by Clutchshooter

You guys talking like Bosh is wayyyyy better then STAT. I agree he's a better all around player but not by that far.
Bosh 28 ppg, Stat 18 ppg

well he's scoring waaayyyy more points.

Bosh 11.8 reb, Stat 7.9 reb

he grabs waaaayyyy more rebounds.

Bosh 2.2 ast, Stat 0.8 ast

as far as pf's go he dishes waaayyy more assists.

Maybe after this season is over, you guys will change your mind.
no one is going to change their mind. team record doesnt say squat about who is better.

Bosh is going to have the superior statline at the end of the season regardless.

and if he had steve nash he'd average 30+ easily.

it does when you're a GM and wants to win games.

this thread is about who to choose if you were starting a team. Bosh stats line are impressive but we're not winning. again i'll reiterate again,Amares PPG in his second season was 20.6 before Nash arrived. Highest PPG was 26 with Nash. It's not that hard to avg. 5 more points with the easy bucketsNash gives him, also at how their offense is played. People shoudl stop discrediting Amare becasue of Nash. He also killed us tonight.

Put it this way, as a Laker fan, id be MUCH, MUCH more comfortable with the idea of trading gasol for bosh than i would be if he was traded for amare.

Back
Top Bottom