If you could change the outcome of one play in sports history...

20mets600.7.jpg

30t6p3b.gif

Not one play, but whole the game.
Pakistan's national cricket team threw the 1999 World Cup final game away against Australia.
tired.gif

Easy one for me. Game 5 of the 2005 western conference semi-finals between Suns and Clippers. I would make sure Daniel Ewing didn't leave Raja Bell wide open on a 3 pointer from the corner. If Bell misses that shot, Clips likely win the game, go up 3-2 in the series heading back to L.A. I think they would have taken game 6 and gone to the WCF. I doubt they would have beat Dallas, but still. Having the Clippers in the conference finals would have been huge.

Easy one for me. Game 5 of the 2005 western conference semi-finals between Suns and Clippers. I would make sure Daniel Ewing didn't leave Raja Bell wide open on a 3 pointer from the corner. If Bell misses that shot, Clips likely win the game, go up 3-2 in the series heading back to L.A. I think they would have taken game 6 and gone to the WCF. I doubt they would have beat Dallas, but still. Having the Clippers in the conference finals would have been huge.

Originally Posted by PersiaFly

Originally Posted by JJ Jumpman 23

tumblr_ljw5npWz3z1qa56vgo1_250.gif

You MUST be joking.�
Not at all.  When he was on the pitch for Portugal, he was a dynamic part of the team.  Extremely underrated player.
Sorry dude, I love a good soccer GOAT debate as much as anyone else, but saying Figo was better than Zidane just completely voids any credibility you might have had as a soccer fan.
- Zidane: 3 time FIFA player of the year, finished 2nd or 3rd three other times. Won a World Cup, won a Golden Ball (best player at World Cup), won the Euro Cup, won Champions League. And in all of these he played a huge hand in leading his team to victory, scoring the winning goals in the '98 final and the winning goal in the '02 CL final.

- Figo: player of the year once, finished in top 3 one other time, never won a World Cup, never won a Golden Ball, never won a Euro Cup, won the Champions League on the same team as Zidane. 

indifferent.gif
 Seriously, read up a bit before you say some ridiculous @*!# like that. 
indifferent.gif
Yes, Luis Figo didn't win a Euro Cup, WC, or Golden Ball.  But take into account, Portugal has never won a World Cup or Euro Cup.  Don't put a player down because of a lack of achievements, that should be blamed on a whole squad.  I strongly suggest that you watch games that Figo played in, and specifically focus on him, and see how much of a key factor he plays.  I respect your opinion though.

tumblr_ljw5npWz3z1qa56vgo1_250.gif

You MUST be joking.�
Not at all.  When he was on the pitch for Portugal, he was a dynamic part of the team.  Extremely underrated player.
Sorry dude, I love a good soccer GOAT debate as much as anyone else, but saying Figo was better than Zidane just completely voids any credibility you might have had as a soccer fan.
- Zidane: 3 time FIFA player of the year, finished 2nd or 3rd three other times. Won a World Cup, won a Golden Ball (best player at World Cup), won the Euro Cup, won Champions League. And in all of these he played a huge hand in leading his team to victory, scoring the winning goals in the '98 final and the winning goal in the '02 CL final.

- Figo: player of the year once, finished in top 3 one other time, never won a World Cup, never won a Golden Ball, never won a Euro Cup, won the Champions League on the same team as Zidane. 

indifferent.gif
 Seriously, read up a bit before you say some ridiculous @*!# like that. 
indifferent.gif
Yes, Luis Figo didn't win a Euro Cup, WC, or Golden Ball.  But take into account, Portugal has never won a World Cup or Euro Cup.  Don't put a player down because of a lack of achievements, that should be blamed on a whole squad.  I strongly suggest that you watch games that Figo played in, and specifically focus on him, and see how much of a key factor he plays.  I respect your opinion though.

Do you know how many World Cups France had won before Zidane? How many Euros? Do you know how France performed without Zidane in 2002, 2010, etc. And what about the fact that Zidane was voted in the top 3 of WPOY SIX times, while Figo was only voted twice?
How about this: post this Figo/Zidane question in the soccer thread and see if you get ONE other person to agree with you. It'd be like saying Vince Carter is better than Kobe. Just a ridiculous, baseless opinion. Sure you're a Portugal fan, but you can't be completely blind because of your allegiances. People won't take you seriously.

Do you know how many World Cups France had won before Zidane? How many Euros? Do you know how France performed without Zidane in 2002, 2010, etc. And what about the fact that Zidane was voted in the top 3 of WPOY SIX times, while Figo was only voted twice?
How about this: post this Figo/Zidane question in the soccer thread and see if you get ONE other person to agree with you. It'd be like saying Vince Carter is better than Kobe. Just a ridiculous, baseless opinion. Sure you're a Portugal fan, but you can't be completely blind because of your allegiances. People won't take you seriously.

laugh.gif
There's no way the guy is serious. Figo isn't near Zizou's stratosphere. Just go back and watch or read the accounts of France's 2006 run in the World Cup. Only reason they did anything in that tournament was because of Zidane's transcendent talent and ferocious will to win.

laugh.gif
There's no way the guy is serious. Figo isn't near Zizou's stratosphere. Just go back and watch or read the accounts of France's 2006 run in the World Cup. Only reason they did anything in that tournament was because of Zidane's transcendent talent and ferocious will to win.

Messi's near miss in the 2014 World Cup Final

Messi scores this goal and Argentina wins the World Cup for the first time since 1986. Any question of his international performance disappears and he is the undisputed GOAT.

Last edited:
I'll go with something recent and say Jacoby Jones muffing that punt against the Ravens in the Texans first playoff run. Give the team a chance goofy ***

Just realized I wouldn't change anything for either one of my teams.

I would reverse Plax taking the tool with him to that club and stopping us from repeating that year. That's still the best overall Giants team.

I'm a Knicks/Mets fan, so too many to choose from.

But foreal Patrick, you need to dunk that.

I wish Steve Nash would've joined the Heatles instead of the Trash *** Lakers.

Would've had a ring to his career.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom