If the Patriots..

Go 16-0, Brady breaks the TD pass record, break the scoring record, Moss breaks the TD record, and they win the superbowl. Are they the best team ever?

Whatever
eyes.gif

the better question is if they defeat the giants and go 16-0, get the scoring record, both moss and brady pass rice and manning and they dont win thesuberbowl... are they the biggest dissapointment in sports?

I think they will win all regular season games, and lose to the Colts in the AFC Championships.

of course they will, but the haters will come up with endless reasons as to why not:

- camera-gate
- salary cap
- lack of competition (which is a slap in the face to all the other teams BTW....)
- referee bias
- HGH, steroids
etc....

They're the greatest team ever regardless.... [\quote]

they have to win the super bowl to be the best team this year....the greatness of the patriots all hangs on how they do in the playoffs

Like I said at the very beginning of the season, anything less than undefeated and superbowl is pure fail. BUT that's only because I think they are veryclose to the best team ever. Lack of running game is the only thing that makes me hesitate to say that, and that's only because they choose not to run notbecause they can't.

With that said, chargers to the superbowl.

Yes

They would have played more games than the '72 Dolphins
and
They would have more blowouts than the '85 Bears (who didn't go perfect anyways, but I'm saying, they're still in the 'Best Team Ever'discussions)

I don't know how their defense stacks up against any of the Steel Curtain teams, so I can't comment on the Steelers, except to say that the Patriotswould be perfect, and it's not like their opponents were scoring 21 a game.

Some would argue for some of the late-80s 49ers teams, but obviously, none of them were perfect.

Back
Top Bottom