If Everyone Lived Up To Their Potential How Would The Positional Rankings Look (NBA)

Originally Posted by FinallyFamous

Blazers.

Telfair. Oden. Roy

tired.gif

If Oden and Roy didn't have injury problems, they would be running the West, not OKC.

Originally Posted by mrdieselfuel09

Kwame Brown would be Top 5 Center in the league right now
Not really.
Which is why it was bizarre that he went #1 in the draft. He wasn't even the top ranked senior coming out of HS that year. Or the second.

He must have dunked from the 3 point line in his pre draft workout with the Wizards. Otherwise I have no idea how he was the top pick that year.

shaq woulda won a chip every year if he was motivated and in shape. throw in a better ft percentage he woulda been tops in pts.

This is a funny thread.

I remember back when I was playing NBA Live 03 on Franchise mode and about 5 years in, Desagnia Diop improved to like a 95 overall and was winning MVPs like it was nothing. First 4-peat MVPer of all time. The Cavs were running everything. lol

Originally Posted by DIOR PAINT

Originally Posted by eashawty

Originally Posted by show time 96

No he wasn't
laugh.gif
 OJ mayo was made out to be more than what he really was by the media ( like the Baby Lebron talk early in his HS days 
eek.gif

laugh.gif
)
Juice is a good / average athlete & is 6-4 with no Point guard skills so he celling wasn't much higher than what it is right now a  good NBA player

a 41 inch vert is a lil better than good/average athleticism i would think
Jordan Farmar posted a 40 inch vertical at the combine. I wouldn't read too much into those numbers. 

So? That doesn't make him any less athletic. Athleticism doesn't know names

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican

Double J,

Why do you feel McGee's potential is higher than Dwights?

I don't, which is why I said this:

Not saying these guys like McGee/Melo are better than dudes like D12 or Lebron....but IMO, both guys SHOULD be better.

You don't understand that saying they SHOULD be better is saying that they have a higher potential rating?
Why do you feel McGee SHOULD be better than Dwight?

A.I.

if son had just taken practice more seriously. and worked on other aspects of the game...ohhh weeee.  (yeah we're talkin bout practice)
dude could already do it all, if he had just stayed in the gym a few more nights instead of the club, he could've done it all....better.

shaq definitely.

penny too.

i think lebron lived up to the hype from hs, of being this incredible player in the nba, but not so much his potential. or hell, maybe he has. maybe he's maxing out his body potential now and maybe he maxed out his mental potential in '07. maybe its our fault because we expected more from him, but in reality he's doing exactly what he should be..

The what if's.....We can say if Petrovich was in the league now, if Gugliotta developed a post game and had some heart, if Kenny Skywalker had a jumper, Shawn Kemp stayed off the crack, and if Marbury and KG stayed together....

If Kobe had MJ's hands..... I don't give a dang about Lebron having the killer instinct, VC with the work ethic and if T-mac stayed healthy.

VC would be compared to MJ and Kobe if he didn't have half a heart. Dude was that talented. His trajectory early on was that high. But we know the rest..

Originally Posted by Freeze

A.I.

if son had just taken practice more seriously. and worked on other aspects of the game...ohhh weeee.  (yeah we're talkin bout practice)
dude could already do it all, if he had just stayed in the gym a few more nights instead of the club, he could've done it all....better.

shaq definitely.

penny too.

i think lebron lived up to the hype from hs, of being this incredible player in the nba, but not so much his potential. or hell, maybe he has. maybe he's maxing out his body potential now and maybe he maxed out his mental potential in '07. maybe its our fault because we expected more from him, but in reality he's doing exactly what he should be..
Am I the only one who thinks that A.I. would not have been much better if he had a different attitude?? I mean given his size, how much better could he have become?

Originally Posted by Mitchellicious

This is a funny thread.

I remember back when I was playing NBA Live 03 on Franchise mode and about 5 years in, Desagnia Diop improved to like a 95 overall and was winning MVPs like it was nothing. First 4-peat MVPer of all time. The Cavs were running everything. lol

laugh.gif
Funny you say that, I had made a trade for Diop in one of the Lives back in the day, and dude turned into a superstar for at least 5 years on my team too!

Originally Posted by freakydestroyer

Originally Posted by Freeze

A.I.

shaq definitely.

penny too.

Am I the only one who thinks that A.I. would not have been much better if he had a different attitude?? I mean given his size, how much better could he have become?

AI would still be in the league now if that happened, though otherwise I do agree there's not much else he could have done better. Also the trailblazers as a whole could be one of the top teams now, if their top players were still healthy and playing.

Back
Top Bottom