If Blake Griffin & John Wall were in the same draft together, who goes #1?

Comparing their last college seasons Blake goes #1 more often than not unless the team is in need of a PG

Comparing their last college seasons Blake goes #1 more often than not unless the team is in need of a PG

Griffin, and its not even close.

Skilled big man are valued more then point guards during drafts.

Griffin, and its not even close.

Skilled big man are valued more then point guards during drafts.

I was a strong advocate of Durant over Oden, so I dont think that just because Blake is a big man should be reason enough to give him the nod. But I would 100% go with Blake in this case.

I was a strong advocate of Durant over Oden, so I dont think that just because Blake is a big man should be reason enough to give him the nod. But I would 100% go with Blake in this case.

Griffin.
And the Grizz would've had Wall instead of Thabeet....wait, we probably would've took Thabeet still since we had Conley. 
indifferent.gif

Griffin.
And the Grizz would've had Wall instead of Thabeet....wait, we probably would've took Thabeet still since we had Conley. 
indifferent.gif

Although centers and point guards have the most positional value, there is no denying Blake's performance thus far. Too quick for most, too strong for others, and too explosive for everyone else. The guy is a walking mismatch, and basically every metric indicates he's in line for a hall of fame career.

Having said that, as a DC fan, I'm happy with Wall. Transcendent athleticism, incredible feel for the game, and his vision gives me hope for the future of the franchise. There is no doubt in my mind he'll clean up those turnovers and shoot better from the field (mechanics are decent) making him a future star. Now if only Andray Blatche would jump off a cliff...

Although centers and point guards have the most positional value, there is no denying Blake's performance thus far. Too quick for most, too strong for others, and too explosive for everyone else. The guy is a walking mismatch, and basically every metric indicates he's in line for a hall of fame career.

Having said that, as a DC fan, I'm happy with Wall. Transcendent athleticism, incredible feel for the game, and his vision gives me hope for the future of the franchise. There is no doubt in my mind he'll clean up those turnovers and shoot better from the field (mechanics are decent) making him a future star. Now if only Andray Blatche would jump off a cliff...

Back
Top Bottom