If anyone is looking for a sick pair of jeans

[h2]Robert Geller x Levi's 2009 Fall/Winter Collection[/h2][h3]by Eugene Kan, August 13, 2009[/h3]
robert-geller-levis-2009-fall-1.jpg

American designer Robert Geller and quinessential denim purveyors Levi's embark on an upcoming collection set to release on September 10th. The collection includes a series of pieces based on archival Levi's styles ranging from the 1910s through the 1950s as he made an effort to give a contemporary platform for vintage construction and workwear. A full press release seen below gives further insight into the collection.
Designer Robert Geller has created a cobranded denim collection with Levi's that will hit stores next month.

The 11-piece capsule range will be sold in 12 Bloomingdale's units, on bloomingdales.com and in seven Levi's stores in New York, San Francisco, Miami Beach, Beverly Hills and Bucktown, Ill., beginning Sept. 10.

The collection will be celebrated with a party at Bloomingdale's Manhattan flagship on Sept. 9, and is featured in the September issue of GQ. The project comes after Geller's win in GQ's Best New Menswear Designer in America competition in February.

"The most important thing I tried to do was to get to the source of what I think makes Levi's so cool, while bringing to that my own ideas that might make the garments more modern and nice for my customers," Geller said.

In that vein, Geller took historic Levi's archive pieces and evolved them toward his own sensibilities. The 606 Super Slim jean from the line was developed from a Sixties model, while a chambray shirt was given a salt wash, and Geller's signature armhole pleat was added. Military taping was applied to a denim work jacket's sleeve placket, and a denim parka was given a swallowtail hem, another signature Geller flourish.

robert-geller-levis-2009-fall-2.jpg

Geller worked closely on the project with Carl Chiara, director of men's and women's brand concepts at Levi's Americas, during the design process.

"Robert was especially inspired by vintage constructions and workwear styling and wanted to address that aspect of our history through his voice," Chiara said. "We pulled work coats from the 1910s to the 1950s and worked off the functional yet minimal approach to purposeful, rational design and put it in a new context."

Prices for the collection range from $95 for the 1853 sun-bleached T-shirt to $575 for the hooded parka with blanket lining. The jeans in the collection are $275 and the shirts range from $195 to $265.

This is the second year Levi's, GQ and Bloomingdale's have partnered for the men's design competition. Engineered Garments won last year.

"[GQ creative director] Jim Moore and his team have brought a great level of excitement to this endeavor, and it's projects like these that keep department stores vibrant," said Kevin Harter, vice president of fashion direction for men's, home and young world at Bloomingdale's.

Geller, who received a $50,000 cash prize, is a graduate of the Rhode Island School of Design and a former partner in the now-shuttered men's label Cloak. He launched the Robert Geller collection in fall 2007. It is sold in about 60 top specialty stores, including Odin, Confederacy, American Rag, Lane Crawford and Isetan.

Originally Posted by Boys Noize

Originally Posted by DAYTONA 5000

Whats really good with that outer side stitching though?
Yeah what's up with that? Looking like some True Religions
sick.gif
looks like someone with really large thighs stretched them badboys out..

Originally Posted by sn00pee

Originally Posted by Dirtylicious

Originally Posted by SkunkInDunks

robert_geller_levis_1.jpg
geez.
too skinny/tight for my liking
those are really a perfect fit for his frame though,

and the twist is due to the pattern of the denim, usually on old style denim.
they dont do it anymore cuz they counterbalance the jeans or something
QFT. Maybe he prefers that chopper look. They look fitting to me, not skinny.

Originally Posted by urmaynzlame

why would anyone buy predistressed denim for an insane amount of cash? its all about starting off with the raw jams and breaking them in into you own personal jaunts

Co-sign this (minus the "jaunts" usage, even worse than jawns).

I dig the approach to this collection but I have the same issue that I have with most of LVCs (Levis Vintage Clothing) prewashed offerings. Ok, it is cool thatthey went to the archives and went though the trouble of pre-distressing these to capture the "miner" wear, but then I lose the fun of soaking,wearing, destroying my own jeans. I love the fact that I put on a pair and look at the honeycombs, fading, etc. I made myself from wearing hard for yearssometimes. I feel the same way about the denim shirt in fact. I could walk into my closet right now and recreate that whole outfit for way less than the costof those jeans alone and do it better...

A modern base for vintage workwear pieces though? Ugh... This workwear "trend" has to stop. Flannel has already been killed, please leave workwearalone.

Originally Posted by Knivesdesu

Originally Posted by urmaynzlame

why would anyone buy predistressed denim for an insane amount of cash? its all about starting off with the raw jams and breaking them in into you own personal jaunts

Co-sign this (minus the "jaunts" usage, even worse than jawns).

I dig the approach to this collection but I have the same issue that I have with most of LVCs (Levis Vintage Clothing) prewashed offerings. Ok, it is cool that they went to the archives and went though the trouble of pre-distressing these to capture the "miner" wear, but then I lose the fun of soaking, wearing, destroying my own jeans. I love the fact that I put on a pair and look at the honeycombs, fading, etc. I made myself from wearing hard for years sometimes. I feel the same way about the denim shirt in fact. I could walk into my closet right now and recreate that whole outfit for way less than the cost of those jeans alone and do it better...

A modern base for vintage workwear pieces though? Ugh... This workwear "trend" has to stop. Flannel has already been killed, please leave workwear alone.
the reason is because people want instant gratification. Of course "creating" your own jeans is way more enjoyable i think, but itsreally a long process and sometimes doesn't come out exactly how you want it to.

sn00pee wrote:

the reason is because people want instant gratification. Of course "creating" your own jeans is way more enjoyable i think, but its really a long process and sometimes doesn't come out exactly how you want it to.

I mean I get the reason people buy this stuff, I just am not impressed by these or any pre-distressed jeans. The price I'm fine with, but if Iam going to be spending $200+ on jeans, they are going to be built to last. This recent "vintage workwear" trend is lame to me because it is lackingone key factor: people used to get this awsome wear by actually going out and working, not by saving jeans in your closet until exactly the right moment topull them out and impress your equally metrosexual friends. My advice to any one who wants to buy these jeans would be go out and spend $200 on a pair of1947xx's, soak them, and then go out and camp, work on your car, build stuff, etc., etc. in them. You will get the same thing but it will be worth so muchmore.

Originally Posted by sn00pee

geez.
those are really a perfect fit for his frame though,
not in my book though.
I used to be mad skinny like dude....my jeans were never like that.

how are those jeans skinny
laugh.gif
see the cuff... they don't even touch the laces.

laugh.gif
Sorry Dirty but if you think those are to skinny, thenyou need to see what some of these dudes are wearing now a days, wearing their jeans skin tight
sick.gif

Originally Posted by Bobby Light

i like the jeans..but i'll stick to rocking 501s
cosign.

im trying to figure out what the different is between them levis and the levis i got on right now, other than the price

Originally Posted by onetwothreewick

geez.
how are those jeans skinny
laugh.gif
how are they not? How can any male rock jeans that snug? I rock 501 and even at times they seem too tight on me but I like the look. I dont knowabout y'all but anyone with big cojones *pause cannot rock skinny jeans, Fact.

Back
Top Bottom