Ice hockey 2010 Winter Olympics (CANADA VS. USA GOLD MEDAL 3:15PM EST SUNDAY)

The U.S. is on a straight beat them like they stole something mentality  
80c151447464bdf081ff73e8939d801e59b02c6.gif

I didnt think the 2nd period of a SEMI-final game in the olympic hockey tourney would have been so boring. Then again, never would have guessed that the US would have scored 6 first period goals
pimp.gif

Just bought both the White and Navy USA Hockey Jerseys
pimp.gif

Holy crapppppppp...6-0 in the 1st period. What the heck happened?

Canada should easily beat Slovakia today as well.

So far we haven't really had a dramatic KO-round game...hopefully the finals deliver.

I dont really have a logical reason for stating this but I think Canada will beat the U.S. comfortably in the finals. I dont know why I feel this way but I cant see the U.S. going 6-0 in the tourny and beating Canada again on Canadian soil.

BTW, if the U.S. manage to pull off the win on Sunday, I'm willing to say this is the greatest Olympic hockey performance since NHLers started participating in the Olympics. Czech Republic lost a game in 98, Canada lost a game in 02, Sweden lost 2 games in 06, so the U.S. may be the first team with NHL players to go undefeated in the Olympics.

I do not disagree....

I'm waiting to see the results before buying jerseys but I'll probably get a Can and US one (to go with my Jagr Czech one from 10 years ago)

I'm sure Team USA wouldn't have beaten Russia. but anyways, Canada should have a great game tonight.
happy.gif

US looked great. I'm hoping for a Canada v US final, for the sport if nothing else. But man listening to local radio here in Cincy where they know little about hockey...annoying, and very arrogant, which is dumb. Talking about how the US is going to "kick their +!%! sunday" and then coming up with bad stories on why to hate Canada. Plus all the stupid "eh" comments

Bret Hart should drop the puck in the gold medal game if Canada makes it. That and the team should come out to his music. Not sure why the Hitman has been left out, he is still one of the most popular Canadians.....

Where's French Blue? I haven't seen him around in a while, I just seen Jozef Stumpel I started getting flashback of him on the Kings in NHL 03
laugh.gif

I never noticed how yellow Chara's teeth are...because of that yellow jersey he's always wearing
laugh.gif

And Paalfy is on this team
laugh.gif
how did I not notice this before?

Whew, I thought they scored but Luongo came up big. Bring on the Americans. Ya'll don't really want it. It's a different story this time.

If that game was like 5 minutes longer I think Slovakia would've tied it.

It looked like both teams thought the game was over until Slovakia scored that lucky goal to make it 3-1. After that they got confident and were attacking Canada relentlessly. The message from the Team Canada coaching staff will be not to take any shifts off against the U.S. like they did today in the 3rd period.

Anyways, there's no way in he.ll Canada are losing on Sunday. This team is just too good and should win by atleast 2-goals. Overall, I like the team that Yzerman built and he deserves credit won or lose on Sunday for assembling a good team (unlike Gretzky in 2006). Only a few players for Canada have not been very good such as Bergeron.

As for the U.S., if you offered them a silver medal before the tournament started I think they would've taken it. Coming in, we all thought they were good but also very inexperienced. They've proven that they're deserving of Gold but there's no shame in losing to this Canada team on Canadian ice on Sunday.

Back
Top Bottom