I will never tip at a restaraunt ever again.

Originally Posted by Jking0821

Originally Posted by ThunderChunk69

Originally Posted by Jking0821
Cool he is brave.
Yes society has made it this way
But it isn't forced upon you as much as people make it seem really there are a ton of alternatives (fast food, chipotle, panera, other restaurants that don't have servers) 
People are acting like this is the war in Libya or the National budget crisis.

Again i don't see a problem with leave 15% if you had a good server.  Or 10% if you had a bad time.  Or even 0 tip if it was terrible service.  But to not tip in an attempt to "fight the system" or whatever righteous thing you think you are doing is stupid.  It is a service industry, the service doesn't need to be rendered upon you.  Just don't go in there go somewhere else

2echswm.gif

Originally Posted by Willy Hitchero

Niketalk: Where cats dismiss your thesis to squabble over your details.

Restate your thesis then,

Your title of the thread is what's attracting all the attention.
grin.gif

grin.gif

i agree with you on that, you tip for good service.. but you think that everywhere is the same as outback?? we all know thats a bunch of BS right there. yeah tips are only taxed on what you report, but some restaurants do tip share. where everyone else gets the same amount. so claiming someone makes 400-450 dollars on a saturday, doesnt count for everyone. so yeah, if you could make 400-450 dollars in 8 hours, dont you think more people would become a server? you're forgetting that customers can stay for an hour and leave you 20 dollars.. great, but then you also have customers that come in stay for an hour and leave you 50 cents..

Most restaurants nowadays AUTOMATICALLY add the 17% tip, just like OP mentioned even for a party of 2. This is guaranteed money, no one is leaving 50 cents. In the places that dont charge gratuity, tip percentage often exceeds 15% on average.  Even if everyone gets the same amount, who cares? The 17% is guaranteed off each meal. 17% of all sales get paid to the waiters even in the case of tip splitting between waiters. Very few restaurants split tips, and every waiter is responsible for its own parties including if the party skips the check. Part-time waiters are a very popular job, it just doesn't have desirable social status.

i agree with you on that, you tip for good service.. but you think that everywhere is the same as outback?? we all know thats a bunch of BS right there. yeah tips are only taxed on what you report, but some restaurants do tip share. where everyone else gets the same amount. so claiming someone makes 400-450 dollars on a saturday, doesnt count for everyone. so yeah, if you could make 400-450 dollars in 8 hours, dont you think more people would become a server? you're forgetting that customers can stay for an hour and leave you 20 dollars.. great, but then you also have customers that come in stay for an hour and leave you 50 cents..

Most restaurants nowadays AUTOMATICALLY add the 17% tip, just like OP mentioned even for a party of 2. This is guaranteed money, no one is leaving 50 cents. In the places that dont charge gratuity, tip percentage often exceeds 15% on average.  Even if everyone gets the same amount, who cares? The 17% is guaranteed off each meal. 17% of all sales get paid to the waiters even in the case of tip splitting between waiters. Very few restaurants split tips, and every waiter is responsible for its own parties including if the party skips the check. Part-time waiters are a very popular job, it just doesn't have desirable social status.

Niketalk: Where cats dismiss your thesis to squabble over arbitrary details which have no impact on the overall thesis

had to fix that. i might make that my sig, real talk.

lol, stop arguing with the kid on "team electro"

and lets all three burn one

cause yall not even arguing over different stances

he just legit doesnt like you, someone he doesnt know....

you know, like a female would

you getting attention, you got 11 page threads popping...he gotta bump his to get replies....

you step in, glance at the young chap for a second, not even consciously

and he thinks, "I DONT LIKE THIS %*!++, YOU SEE HOW HE LOOKED AT ME! OOOOO"

roll.gif

Niketalk: Where cats dismiss your thesis to squabble over arbitrary details which have no impact on the overall thesis

had to fix that. i might make that my sig, real talk.

lol, stop arguing with the kid on "team electro"

and lets all three burn one

cause yall not even arguing over different stances

he just legit doesnt like you, someone he doesnt know....

you know, like a female would

you getting attention, you got 11 page threads popping...he gotta bump his to get replies....

you step in, glance at the young chap for a second, not even consciously

and he thinks, "I DONT LIKE THIS %*!++, YOU SEE HOW HE LOOKED AT ME! OOOOO"

roll.gif

Originally Posted by CampbellSoup

grin.gif
No. Read the OP. The %%@% is this, 3rd grade?

grin.gif

i know of some places that will purposely add on the gratuity when they see black people/non-tipping folks dining in. Not only that, there's no "stigma" about it, us black folk don't tip and if we do...ie. $150 bill = $1.00 tip + whatever loose change we can find in our pocket/purses
laugh.gif
----personally I always drop 15% or more. use that phone calculator and enquation folks ____ X .15% = world a happier place

i know of some places that will purposely add on the gratuity when they see black people/non-tipping folks dining in. Not only that, there's no "stigma" about it, us black folk don't tip and if we do...ie. $150 bill = $1.00 tip + whatever loose change we can find in our pocket/purses
laugh.gif
----personally I always drop 15% or more. use that phone calculator and enquation folks ____ X .15% = world a happier place

you're tipping for the service. they are bringing food to your table and filling your drinks. it's a sit-down restaurant that SERVES you, not a fast-food joint

I look at it like if you don't want to tip, don't go there. Tipping will never go away no matter how many essays you write, so deal with it.

You're free to not dine at any establishment that makes you feel pressured to tip.

you're tipping for the service. they are bringing food to your table and filling your drinks. it's a sit-down restaurant that SERVES you, not a fast-food joint

I look at it like if you don't want to tip, don't go there. Tipping will never go away no matter how many essays you write, so deal with it.

You're free to not dine at any establishment that makes you feel pressured to tip.

Originally Posted by GRyPR33

Originally Posted by bilbo07

wait. so who is OP?
Rilla, AKA Murda He most recently
He's had more incarnations than the Dalai Lama
Unemployed, non-tipping, failing rapper/hip hop "artist".
Embarrassed out of his last SN in this thread http://niketalk.yuku.com/...le--use-Big-words?page=1

im sorry, and ill prolly lose my amazing new screen name for this, but stop sucking him...

seriously.

you not finna get no quotes and
eek.gif
roll.gif
pimp.gif

you just finna get labeled as a female NTer, how you're acting right now...

i think you forgot some of his screen names, boy

grin.gif
I read it twice, actually. You clearly strayed from your thesis statement and just wanted to stir things up, hence your thread title really doesn't equate to what your thesis is.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by GRyPR33

Originally Posted by bilbo07

wait. so who is OP?
Rilla, AKA Murda He most recently
He's had more incarnations than the Dalai Lama
Unemployed, non-tipping, failing rapper/hip hop "artist".
Embarrassed out of his last SN in this thread http://niketalk.yuku.com/...le--use-Big-words?page=1

im sorry, and ill prolly lose my amazing new screen name for this, but stop sucking him...

seriously.

you not finna get no quotes and
eek.gif
roll.gif
pimp.gif

you just finna get labeled as a female NTer, how you're acting right now...

i think you forgot some of his screen names, boy

grin.gif
I read it twice, actually. You clearly strayed from your thesis statement and just wanted to stir things up, hence your thread title really doesn't equate to what your thesis is.
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom