I Turned 30 Today NT Fam!!

30 is the new 20 . . .

I swear this only applies to the people that look the part. Someone that looks aged can't be acting like some 20 year old. It just makes them look more old. I do feel like that saying applies to peopel 10 years older (40 is the new 30). I know some 40 year broads that go to the gym hard and surprisingly look good for their age. These new moms look way different from the generations before.

Anyways.....happy birthday. I am 32 and took 30 mad hard but I've accepted that I am this age now. You learn to appreciate things way more.

I swear this only applies to the people that look the part. Someone that looks aged can't be acting like some 20 year old. It just makes them look more old. I do feel like that saying applies to peopel 10 years older (40 is the new 30). I know some 40 year broads that go to the gym hard and surprisingly look good for their age. These new moms look way different from the generations before.

Anyways.....happy birthday. I am 32 and took 30 mad hard but I've accepted that I am this age now. You learn to appreciate things way more.

Can you elaborate how or why you took it hard? I'm sure I can take a guess but would like to hear someone who went through it already.

Society pressure get to people sometimes. After reading a lot of these comments I think people take it hard when their life isn't where it's "supposed" to be @ the age of 30. There's no right or wrong way to live your life, create your own path. I know plenty of people who did what they "supposed" to do and they're miserable.

Don't trip or stress yourself over it, many times that leads to terrible life changing consequences. Enjoy it and embrace it, it's not the end of the world.

HBD from a fellow Virgo. Turning 30 in a few weeks my damn self.

Co-sign everyone saying 20's were straight reckless partying and yambing. Loved every minute of it.

Reactions: ct3
Can you elaborate how or why you took it hard? I'm sure I can take a guess but would like to hear someone who went through it already.

Not even sure really. I mean I don't want to go into specific on some psychological bull on how my parents divorced and what not, but I guess I felt a lot of regret when I turned 30 in not doing a lot of things and won't be able to do it at my age now. Even if it is simple things as retaining friendships, experiencing college differently, taking life more seriously, taking life less seriously, being more social, and the list goes on. Now I am in my 30's and trying to convince myself to move past trying to live life as if I am young. Accepting things such as marriage and kids was the hardest thing for me but I think I am finally past fear.

Anyways....regret is like the worst thing in the world and sometimes you can't nor ever will erase those things. Best thing I am trying to do is live my 30's better then I did when I was in my 20's. Hopefully that will outshine a lot of BS from my past.

Not even sure really. I mean I don't want to go into specific on some psychological bull on how my parents divorced and what not, but I guess I felt a lot of regret when I turned 30 in not doing a lot of things and won't be able to do it at my age now. Even if it is simple things as retaining friendships, experiencing college differently, taking life more seriously, taking life less seriously, being more social, and the list goes on. Now I am in my 30's and trying to convince myself to move past trying to live life as if I am young. Accepting things such as marriage and kids was the hardest thing for me but I think I am finally past fear.

Anyways....regret is like the worst thing in the world and sometimes you can't nor ever will erase those things. Best thing I am trying to do is live my 30's better then I did when I was in my 20's. Hopefully that will outshine a lot of BS from my past.

I understand 100%

I was talkin to my buddy after our workout yesterday just last night an somehow we started talkin about women, the world, marriage, kids......settling down etc.

I understand 100%

I was talkin to my buddy after our workout yesterday just last night an somehow we started talkin about women, the world, marriage, kids......settling down etc.

I don't speak for all men out there (well maybe for NT) but I do think my situation would have helped if I dated more in my 20's rather then being with someone for a long time. When my ex and I separated, I almost didn't know how to be single and I really think it threw me off. Then I met my now current girlfriend at 28 years old and when I turned 30, I questioned if I wanted to be single again and her and I had literally no issues. It was like a point of no return for whatever reason and I didn't want to BS her and drag her through my problems. But I assessed things and never broke up with her and now I am considering marriage when that was literally my biggest fear.

Anyways....I know most guys on here is all about getting at tons of women but I seriously think that is the best thing to do before it is too late if that is what you want to do. Just don't get the girl pregnant nor catch an STD.

Pretty much. It almost becomes natural though the settling down and focusing on your future, nothing forced. As natural as being reckless was in the 20s. And no suicidal, almost an awakening, a hunger for life, for me atleast. Turned 30 in July. It's like you finally see the meaning to all your wins and losses in your 20s and act accordingly.

HBD!
WHAAA  Not true. Im 31 and I'm in my prime. You  understand girls/women better so yambs come easier. At ,my age I still smash 18 -25 year old yambs all the time and laugh at the 20 year olds who try so hard and simp to TRY and get the yambs.

I still party and travel alot. 30'sis really a new 20's now days

Pretty much. It almost becomes natural though the settling down and focusing on your future, nothing forced. As natural as being reckless was in the 20s. And no suicidal, almost an awakening, a hunger for life, for me atleast. Turned 30 in July. It's like you finally see the meaning to all your wins and losses in your 20s and act accordingly.

HBD!

WHAAA  Not true. Im 31 and I'm in my prime. You  understand girls/women better so yambs come easier. At ,my age I still smash 18 -25 year old yambs all the time and laugh at the 20 year olds who try so hard and simp to TRY and get the yambs.

Same, when say I settle down and focus on your future I don't mean become old and slow and married. Your focus is just more on yourself and where you wanna be, i.e. why yambs are easier.

You still party and get yambs, but less reckless predicaments, almost pro level.

Last edited:
I don't speak for all men out there (well maybe for NT) but I do think my situation would have helped if I dated more in my 20's rather then being with someone for a long time. When my ex and I separated, I almost didn't know how to be single and I really think it threw me off. Then I met my now current girlfriend at 28 years old and when I turned 30, I questioned if I wanted to be single again and her and I had literally no issues. It was like a point of no return for whatever reason and I didn't want to BS her and drag her through my problems. But I assessed things and never broke up with her and now I am considering marriage when that was literally my biggest fear.

Anyways....I know most guys on here is all about getting at tons of women but I seriously think that is the best thing to do before it is too late if that is what you want to do. Just don't get the girl pregnant nor catch an STD.

I feel like my furture self is speaking to me.

You are exactly a product of a person that has no regret or is fulfilling it. What I am talking about only really applies to the people that keep looking back at their past, hence why people taking turning 30 hard. I respect the people that look at their life and is living it exactly how they want it.

You are exactly a product of a person that has no regret or is fulfilling it. What I am talking about only really applies to the people that keep looking back at their past, hence why people taking turning 30 hard. I respect the people that look at their life and is living it exactly how they want it.

Why so bleek Memphis?

welcome to the club... glad there are other 30 year olds on here!

although i'm rapidly approaching the 40 year old club.... *sigh*

Happy birthday man! Enjoy your day! Enjoy life! Everything is relative. Rules don't apply. Age doesn't define who you are, what you should be, and where you should be! 

Back
Top Bottom