I think I'm done with facebook...

Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican

Why do you even change your relationship status on Facebook? Why let folks know?

as soon as you change it, da stream of updates picks up da change and everyone sees it.

No, I am saying why do you even have your relationship status VISIBLE to ANYONE?
You can simply not have ANYTHING listed and your relationship status on your page isn't even present.

Originally Posted by ninjahood

Originally Posted by Dirtylicious

whose fault is it that you accepted your aunt as a facebook friend so she could comment, though?

if you don't want people commenting or seeing your stuff... dont' allow them access
what are you gonna tell your aunt in person when she requested you weeks ago and you ain't pay it anymind? i forgot?
grin.gif
You tell them that you only accept your personal friends...no relatives.

Eh facebook is cool.
But, them old HS friends that I never really talked to or just gave them a sup
Now want to add me! it sucks cause I've added a few and for every little status thing they
Always have to press that like button!

My father had it cuz my aunt made him make one (his sister) to keep in touch since we live in different states. And my cousin just noticed he had one and kindamade him use it more. I told him str8 up, if you request me ima deny it no offense. He just said I respect that and that was it.

People are too embarrassed (for the most part) to come up to someone and say, "Why didn't you add me on FB." - I have dozens of folks in the"pending" section of my friends list because I don't feel like adding them. Folks I work with and see on an every day basis at that.

I would add my aunt because everything on my page is private, so she wouldn't be able to track me even if she wanted to

^I had a coworker that sent me a request, days went by and she asked why I had not accepted specially since she's seen me on there... I kept it a 100, justtold her I didn't think it was a good idea (along with some other explanation). She seem to have taken it well and we still interact at work.

Honestly, I'm not big on social sites and even on there I don't share any pics or post information that's too personal. I'm the qoute an artisttype of status or sports status

Originally Posted by 11wordisbond

I'm one of the only cats I know that's never had a facebook, myspace, or friendster (was big here in TO) profile. I'm a low key dude that doesn't like people keeping tabs on me.
Same for me. Social networking is not my thing.

Why do people get a social networking page and then worry about privacy?
I understand that you dont want your page to be accessed by strangers, but to have a friend on your fb and then limit what they see??????
Might as well just delete it.

And wassup with you clowns not wanting to accept family members? What kind of stuff you people putting up there that you dont want them to see?
So you let that girl in your Math class who you want to smash be able to see your page, but somehow your aunt or other relatives cant see?

Originally Posted by Diego

I understand that you dont want your page to be accessed by strangers, but to have a friend on your fb and then limit what they see??????

And wassup with you clowns not wanting to accept family members? What kind of stuff you people putting up there that you dont want them to see?
So you let that girl in your Math class who you want to smash be able to see your page, but somehow your aunt or other relatives cant see?
You have different levels of friends/associates. The same way you TELL certain friends some things and not tell others. The same idea applies inthis situation. Some people are just stupid when it comes to posting pictures with weed, smoke, drinks, and folks of the opposite sex. They don't wanttheir family to see them in that light.

You have different levels of friends/associates. The same way you TELL certain friends some things and not tell others. The same idea applies in this situation. Some people are just stupid when it comes to posting pictures with weed, smoke, drinks, and folks of the opposite sex. They don't want their family to see them in that light.

Of course there are different levels of friends, but something such as a facebook page should contain things that are viewable to even the most distant offriends.
That way you dont have to worry about who sees what.

The closer friends have the benefit of phone calls/texts/hanging out to know your personal business.

The idea here is that we as humans allow only a certain amount of information to certain folks. It doesn't matter if this happens in the real world oronline. The same idea applies here.

I understand what you are trying to get at but you can't ignore the fact that everyone doesn't want all of their "friends" (term used looselybecause everyone you are friends with on FB isn't a FRIEND) to see/know everything.

My look on it is this. Stop putting up foolishness on FB. If you think ANYONE will read it and have an issue with you saying that, then either
A. Don't say it
B. Turn off the option that allows your friends to see your every move.
C. Stop putting up dumb pictures promoting sex, drugs, and alcohol.

You have different levels of friends/associates. The same way you TELL certain friends some things and not tell others. The same idea applies in this situation. Some people are just stupid when it comes to posting pictures with weed, smoke, drinks, and folks of the opposite sex. They don't want their family to see them in that light.

See ideally that's how it would work, share those things with friends only. But I agree, about the different level of friends, maybe the next socialwebsite would implement such feature. Furthermore my biggest concern comes when I share something with a FB friend but they share with their friends whoisn't my friend. My point is there have been instances were someone I know that isn't even on FB tells me, heard you was at Wale show and when I ask,yeah how you know they say "so and so showed me on FB"... that's why I still choose to be somewhat discreet although on a very visible publicsite. More importantly I still watch what I share mainly for concerns with my career now and down the road. I admit I have family members I haven'taccepted but maillnly because those individuals share toooooooo much, I don't want to be tag on those pictures you sharing or having you share with myfriends personal family events... these same family members are aware that I'm not big on sharing these intimate or special family occassions andunderstand that's why I haven't accepeted them. I hope I was clear, tough when typing thoughts on a phone.

The idea here is that we as humans allow only a certain amount of information to certain folks. It doesn't matter if this happens in the real world or online. The same idea applies here.

I understand what you are trying to get at but you can't ignore the fact that everyone doesn't want all of their "friends" (term used loosely because everyone you are friends with on FB isn't a FRIEND) to see/know everything.

My look on it is this. Stop putting up foolishness on FB. If you think ANYONE will read it and have an issue with you saying that, then either
A. Don't say it

Once this is done, everything else will fall into place.

i know you got mad gassed when you saw that lil red notification on the bottom right corner, only to find out it was your aunt
laugh.gif

ThatThe idea here is that we as humans allow only a certain amount of information to certain folks. It doesn't matter if this happens in the real world or online. The same idea applies here.

I understand what you are trying to get at but you can't ignore the fact that everyone doesn't want all of their "friends" (term used loosely because everyone you are friends with on FB isn't a FRIEND) to see/know everything.

A. Don't say it

That's wack, I should be able to put up anything I want and if you look at it that's on you. I generally don't censor myself in reallife, why should I do it over the internet? I've decided that I'm going to get on and delete everyone that I don't want to see my stuff.

Originally Posted by bboy1827

ThatThe idea here is that we as humans allow only a certain amount of information to certain folks. It doesn't matter if this happens in the real world or online. The same idea applies here.

A. Don't say it

That's wack, I should be able to put up anything I want and if you look at it that's on you. I generally don't censor myself in real life, why should I do it over the internet?

Thats fine and dandy, I just hope you never turn into one of those people complaining about #$%% catching up to you in real life.
Or complaining about family members requesting you.

Rule 1: Don't add people that you don't want in your business.

Rule 2: Don't put your business on the interwebz that you don't want people giving you %%@$ for.

Originally Posted by phlyphokus

yea, i remember the days when it was only open to students. Now im dealing with the same *+#, aunts, uncles, friends parents and etc on Facebook too now. smh
i was definitely still in highschool during those days
embarassed.gif
ohwell.gif
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom