I see people are back on their Pyramid scheme grind. Vol. 5Linx

i remember attending one of these meetings for a friend and i knew instantly what it was but i went to support. They tried to get us to shell out 500 bucks and said "if you have 500 bucks this is a great investment!" or something along the lines of "you can find 500 bucks easily!" its sad that he's jumping from scheme to scheme

i remember meeting someone on CL to buy a pet fish off of him, it went from "here's the fish", to "do you have allergies? try this energy drink. i sell knives.. etc " I felt bad for dude because i knew what he was in. he was trying so hard to get me to buy what he was selling, and what was worse was seeing his wife begging me and my gf to come to the meetings.. i knew when i left his apartment he was so sad that all i got was the fish, because he was selling the fish for dirt cheap so it would lure potential people to his apartment..

I know a kid who works with organo coffee. He just bought a new camero and always wearing lv or the newest Jordan's. he tried to get me in it but I politely declined.

it's everywhere nowadays. buddy of mine stays trying to get me on this Dream Trips ********. he got pictures of him and a bunch of others holding a "You Should Be Here" banner. :smh:

^^^Two years ago I was very close to joining as a side thing. But after researching, I didn't think it was worth it. If I have to pay up 400 to join in, I may as well buy sneakers and resell :stoneface: >D

Anybody remember Tahitian Noni Juice. They suckered me in a few years ago. I did that for about 3 months. I received a check for $18. smh

Never went door to door. :lol:

It was all about referrals from customers, friends and family

The thing about Cutco is they actually were really really good knives, they sold themselves.

FACT if I suddenly fell on hard times, I'd hustle with Cutco or Amway before I ever worked a dead end job paying

Does anyone on here still mess with USANA? Someone who I rarely talk to hits me up a few weeks ago talking about the gym. He then starts asking me about my job and blah blah blah. Brings up USANA talking about how he made so much money that he bought another whip and met MC Hammer. I'm like idgaf. Sounded sketch to me selling vitamin pills and stuff and I messed with primerica when I was in high school and after the training session I walked and never looked back. I asked my friend how he started working for the company and never got a response back. Now I see the dude posting stuff about USANA trying to recruit people and when asked about whether I would have to he told me No. :smh:

Just went to one of these meetings the other day for an AMWAY online mall business thing and i hated it. The spokesperson just tried to convince me of how much my life sucks and how great his life is due to the AMWAY online mall to try to get me to join. And ive witnessed a lot of these "successful" guys do some sneaky things. When i was learning about ACN, i heard tons of stories of guys taking other peoples credit cards to buy their clients cell phone plans, video phones, and direct tv. 

Things like ACN, 5linx and other pyramid schemes work, but you have to buy the products your self and convince other people to buy the products too.

Does anyone on here still mess with USANA? Someone who I rarely talk to hits me up a few weeks ago talking about the gym. He then starts asking me about my job and blah blah blah. Brings up USANA talking about how he made so much money that he bought another whip and met MC Hammer. I'm like idgaf. Sounded sketch to me selling vitamin pills and stuff and I messed with primerica when I was in high school and after the training session I walked and never looked back. I asked my friend how he started working for the company and never got a response back. Now I see the dude posting stuff about USANA trying to recruit people and when asked about whether I would have to he told me No. :smh:

I know a guy that sells usana and looked into getting into it. You generally have to buy about $150 worth of stuff to get in which isn't that high of a cost compared to others but still some dough. Ultimately sellin it didn't appeal to me. What's sad is that the reason they claim to need to be MLM is because "people need to tell the product's story". How about just rely on your product to tell its story?

That being said, their products/quality is top-notch. I continue to purchase their vitamins and fish oils because I personally feel that's something I want to get the best quality in. But it isn't cheap stuff either.

Whenever I asked someone who's in one of these pyramid schemes how much they make, they act like they're guarding the launch codes for some nukes.

hahahaha

I know a guy that sells usana and looked into getting into it. You generally have to buy about $150 worth of stuff to get in which isn't that high of a cost compared to others but still some dough. Ultimately sellin it didn't appeal to me. What's sad is that the reason they claim to need to be MLM is because "people need to tell the product's story". How about just rely on your product to tell its story?

That being said, their products/quality is top-notch. I continue to purchase their vitamins and fish oils because I personally feel that's something I want to get the best quality in. But it isn't cheap stuff either.

Yea I read that you have to do a "buy in" to be able to sell stuff but without a clientele base that buys on a consistent basis you would be losing money in the long run. I'm guessing you make money or a certain percentage of what your referral makes if they do decide to join?

And the thing about AMWAY is whenever they have meetings in hotel conference rooms, THEY have to pay like $8-$10 bucks for the room. I've never been to an event in my life in a conference room where I had to pay a fee out of my own pocket to be there.

I went to a couple meetings before I knew what pyramid schemes were. 

I was asking people about jobs and a mutual friend tells me about amway.

Short story even shorter. 

I go to a meeting with some asian dude who running the meeting telling me that he's "my" friend.

Everytime I asked said indiviuals how much they are making or how much I can expect to make in a month. I got "don't ask about that" or something similar. 

THEN finally, at the end of the meeting, they were asking people to sign up. Which was basically buying a $200 worth of papers, that says you own a small business.

I got out my chair like

Had a similar experience here in Florida.  Dude I met at the Concord release.  To this day he still checks in trying to get me on with Amway smh.

I really don't understand the hype for these pyramid schemes. I went to my friend's boyfriend was talking to his 5linx at a family party where one half of the house was a party and the other half was a group of people in the pyramid scheme trying to get others into their network. Made the evening pretty awkward, especially when this one guy was trying to talk to everyone and try to get him to join his network. Smh.

SMFH. I hate pyramid schemes. I made 80 bucks off of MCA because I got one "friend".

Never again......

This cat I was training with at work. :lol: trying to get ppl on verve. And im like naw every time he asked me to go to his meetings. He was saying how he made x amount of $ from it yet he needed us to spot him for lunch.
I'm like?

The homie actually made decent money with cutco for a few months a couple years ago :lol:

I told him I'd buy a set for my mom and he told me it was like $80 or something. I said that was cool then he told me that was for only one knife :rofl: I didn't buy anything from him. He finally got "fired" cuz he would always miss the meetings.

There's a new dude at my job and he's on his computer at work talmbout "man, it's so hard running your own business" I look over thinking this dude is actually doing big things just to find out he's on the amway site :lol:

This dude doesn't even have a car or phone but he stays telling people he runs his own business.

Back
Top Bottom