I Have Serious Question for the African - American Community.....Let Us Discuss "CP Time"

Originally Posted by CampbellSoup

grin.gif
StaXX wrote:

But someone tell me what is going through the average black man's head and why is it impossible to be on time?
No racism.
How can you say no racism and make such a generalization?
How many times have you experienced black people showing up 3.5 hours late?
I'm black and I'm always on time to events that matter.
Your thread is dumb.

Um, I've experienced it several times. I've worked in this industry throughout college and seen it on countless occasions. 
I'm not being racist, I just really dont understand. I recognize that not every black person does this and that there are some that are on time.

You park cars bro.
Lets not try to make it seem like some wonderul profession.

its the truth.

colored people time exists as does the ITIS.

practically every black friend i have is 1-2 hours late.

i counter that by tellin them im tryin to get there at 8 when i really wanna leave at 10

I know personally i show up for important things early, parties and such late. I wanna hit the ground running at a party, not wait around for it to pick up.

I know personally i show up for important things early, parties and such late. I wanna hit the ground running at a party, not wait around for it to pick up.

grin.gif
StaXX wrote:

But someone tell me what is going through the average black man's head and why is it impossible to be on time?
No racism.
Your thread is dumb.

Um, I've experienced it several times. I've worked in this industry throughout college and seen it on countless occasions. 
I'm not being racist, I just really dont understand. I recognize that not every black person does this and that there are some that are on time.

& I'm willing to bet that you've experienced late white people also. What's your point?
That's just the mentally of some people. Don't make this a white vs black thing.
It's like me saying all white people are dirty.
My roommates are white and they're dirty as hell and have gnats in their room.
sick.gif

Why is it that white people are so dirty? See how dumb that sounds?

grin.gif
StaXX wrote:

No racism.
Your thread is dumb.

& I'm willing to bet that you've experienced late white people also. What's your point?
That's just the mentally of some people. Don't make this a white vs black thing.
It's like me saying all white people are dirty.
My roommates are white and they're dirty as hell and have gnats in their room.
sick.gif

Why is it that white people are so dirty? See how dumb that sounds?

Showing up a little late or fashionably late is one thing, but for the example you provided OP where the attendees showed up with only 45 mins left into a 4 hour event those people generally speaking are +%%$%%. Like Chris Rock said there's a difference between black people and +%%$%%..........and +%%$%% have got to go.

Showing up a little late or fashionably late is one thing, but for the example you provided OP where the attendees showed up with only 45 mins left into a 4 hour event those people generally speaking are +%%$%%. Like Chris Rock said there's a difference between black people and +%%$%%..........and +%%$%% have got to go.

Originally Posted by Diego

grin.gif
StaXX wrote:

Your thread is dumb.

You park cars bro.

damn

grin.gif
StaXX wrote:

Your thread is dumb.

You park cars bro.

damn

grin.gif
StaXX wrote:

Your thread is dumb.

You park cars bro.

why u downplaying his job tho? Experience is experience and he's just recognizing what he see's. 

It's not just a "black" phenomenon.

It seems just about every minority group likes to claim being late as "their thing".

grin.gif
StaXX wrote:

Your thread is dumb.

You park cars bro.

why u downplaying his job tho? Experience is experience and he's just recognizing what he see's. 

It's not just a "black" phenomenon.

It seems just about every minority group likes to claim being late as "their thing".

So u use the fact that u to are in fact A/A to cut the tension in the subject? Cool Bro.

Let's not generalize every black person for what these blacks in the 5 cars did.

Like stated before white ppl call it bein fashionably late

So u use the fact that u to are in fact A/A to cut the tension in the subject? Cool Bro.

Let's not generalize every black person for what these blacks in the 5 cars did.

Like stated before white ppl call it bein fashionably late

I'm a 2nd gen Jamaican. In Jamaica and other islands including Puerto Rico, DR etc time is different. if someone says they'll do something in 5 minutes, it can take an hr lol. It's just laid back. Nothing is done in a hurry. Now I don't know the background of these people but I think a lot of it comes from that.

I'm a 2nd gen Jamaican. In Jamaica and other islands including Puerto Rico, DR etc time is different. if someone says they'll do something in 5 minutes, it can take an hr lol. It's just laid back. Nothing is done in a hurry. Now I don't know the background of these people but I think a lot of it comes from that.

Originally Posted by maple5

Im thinkin the same thing. When I work with Africans and Caribbean folks I gotta really stress what I expect and still not expect that much to not end up pissed off. I grew up in Africa so dont try to make it seem like Im just a racist.

One of my Iranian friends will tell me hes 5 minutes from being ready and take 3-4 hours before hes good to go. Middle eastern time is turrible.

Originally Posted by maple5

Im thinkin the same thing. When I work with Africans and Caribbean folks I gotta really stress what I expect and still not expect that much to not end up pissed off. I grew up in Africa so dont try to make it seem like Im just a racist.

One of my Iranian friends will tell me hes 5 minutes from being ready and take 3-4 hours before hes good to go. Middle eastern time is turrible.

Back
Top Bottom