I Have Serious Question for the African - American Community.....Let Us Discuss "CP Time"

Alright, this is a serious question. I am by no means poking fun at the black race or mocking anyone, but I am really confused by this.
Back story -

Last night I am at work doing my usual shift at the country club. Some member is throwing a big 25th Anniversary party which is scheduled from 7:30 - 11:30.

I run the valet service out front, so I see the DJ pull up and start setting up at 7:15....to unload his truck. The host of the party shows up on time with his wife, then about 1/4 the guest show up at 8.

I'm valeting cars here and there, few people roll up between 8:30 - 9.

Usually by now I would be done parking cars for the night and just wait until people leave.....so Im just hanging out...and then between 10:30 -11 about 5 more cars show up and people are getting out acting like the party is just getting started, etc.

WHY is is the black race just runs behind schedule? Why would you show up to an organized event that is scheduled to end at 11:30, 30 mins before it ends. Us white people will just not show up and forget to tell you 
laugh.gif

But someone tell me what is going through the average black man's head and why is it impossible to be on time?

No racism.

Alright, this is a serious question. I am by no means poking fun at the black race or mocking anyone, but I am really confused by this.
Back story -

Last night I am at work doing my usual shift at the country club. Some member is throwing a big 25th Anniversary party which is scheduled from 7:30 - 11:30.

I run the valet service out front, so I see the DJ pull up and start setting up at 7:15....to unload his truck. The host of the party shows up on time with his wife, then about 1/4 the guest show up at 8.

I'm valeting cars here and there, few people roll up between 8:30 - 9.

Usually by now I would be done parking cars for the night and just wait until people leave.....so Im just hanging out...and then between 10:30 -11 about 5 more cars show up and people are getting out acting like the party is just getting started, etc.

WHY is is the black race just runs behind schedule? Why would you show up to an organized event that is scheduled to end at 11:30, 30 mins before it ends. Us white people will just not show up and forget to tell you 
laugh.gif

But someone tell me what is going through the average black man's head and why is it impossible to be on time?

No racism.

*White folks do the same %++$... they call it being "fashionably late"
*I'm Black and yes it matters
*This will NOT end well.
*/Thread

*This will NOT end well.
*/Thread

Originally Posted by RIPyzyz

Going to parties early is lame

Not when youre renting a place out which will usually only last for the specified hours.

Not when youre renting a place out which will usually only last for the specified hours.

Originally Posted by Ruxxx

*This will NOT end well.
*/Thread

I've been doing private events for years and I have never seen a white person show up 3.5 hours late, half an hours before the thing ends. 
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Ruxxx

*This will NOT end well.
*/Thread

I've been doing private events for years and I have never seen a white person show up 3.5 hours late, half an hours before the thing ends. 
laugh.gif

well, in my experiences, the parties don't really start jumpin until hours after it starts. that's why I show up hours late. If you want me to be on time to a 8 PM event, you better tell me that it starts at 4.

well, in my experiences, the parties don't really start jumpin until hours after it starts. that's why I show up hours late. If you want me to be on time to a 8 PM event, you better tell me that it starts at 4.

Originally Posted by Diego

Thank you. The club is very specific on times. Once the clock hits the scheduled time for it to end; music stops and the bar closes.

Originally Posted by Diego

Thank you. The club is very specific on times. Once the clock hits the scheduled time for it to end; music stops and the bar closes.

fellow huh?

And a party is a bad place to be judging promptness...
maybe people had prior engagements that night and wanted to split time 

between both.  People come and go between the allotted time at parties

rented space or otherwise....

fellow huh?

And a party is a bad place to be judging promptness...
maybe people had prior engagements that night and wanted to split time 

between both.  People come and go between the allotted time at parties

rented space or otherwise....

oft times things dont get crackin until the party is midway over.
but 3.5 hours late.. thats OD.
most caribbean behave the same way but show up like an hour late tops. in my experience....

oft times things dont get crackin until the party is midway over.
but 3.5 hours late.. thats OD.
most caribbean behave the same way but show up like an hour late tops. in my experience....

So much of our time has been stolen from us that we take advantage of the free time that we have.

Correct me if I'm wrong but doesn't the phrase "my fellow" in the title imply that you're Af-Am? That's what I was picturing until you said "us white people".

Observing the older black folks "keeping up with the Joneses" always included showing up "fashionably late" when making appearances to social events.
I think it just trickled down.

Back
Top Bottom