I HAVE NO IDEA WHAT'S GOING ON IN CLASS

antonlavey

Banned
laugh.gif
I have a quiz today on neuroanatomy I didn't know about. Maybe Ishouldn't have missed a whole week of classes. Maybe it's one big practical joke, the other students have done this to me before to create panic causeIm never in class.
laugh.gif

nerd.gif
What are the odds of me not failingthis? I took Neuro in college and got an A, hopefully I remember some of what i learned.

L
L
L
L
L
LLLLLL

Originally Posted by AntonLaVey

laugh.gif
I have a quiz today on neuroanatomy I didn't know about. Maybe I shouldn't have missed a whole week of classes. Maybe it's one big practical joke, the other students have done this to me before to create panic cause Im never in class.
laugh.gif

nerd.gif
What are the odds of me not failing this? I took Neuro in college and got an A, hopefully I remember some of what i learned.

L
L
L
L
L
LLLLLL
you in grad school?

not sure how your professor runs his/her class, but if you read the textbook chapters assigned to you, you might have a chance at passing. i remember havingprofessors whose lectures where basically carbon copies of what was in the textbook
laugh.gif

otherwise, take the L, and talk to your professor about how you can bring up your grade in the class.

I have a midterm coming up in my african studies class, and I wish i knew what the *+@$ was going on smh... I thought that taking a humanities course would beeasy compared to programming and calculus but to this day I proved myself wrong and will prolly end up pass/failing this class.

Originally Posted by Shapeshiftah

laugh.gif
I have a quiz today on neuroanatomy I didn't know about. Maybe I shouldn't have missed a whole week of classes. Maybe it's one big practical joke, the other students have done this to me before to create panic cause Im never in class.
laugh.gif

nerd.gif
What are the odds of me not failing this? I took Neuro in college and got an A, hopefully I remember some of what i learned.

L
L
L
L
L
LLLLLL
you in grad school?

not sure how your professor runs his/her class, but if you read the textbook chapters assigned to you, you might have a chance at passing. i remember having professors whose lectures where basically carbon copies of what was in the textbook
laugh.gif

otherwise, take the L, and talk to your professor about how you can bring up your grade in the class.
I havent bought the text and I haven't read the powerpoint....im downloading the notes as we speak.
tired.gif

i cant relate... i've had no motivation to go to class for the past 2 weeks... SMH

Originally Posted by curt2121

neuroanatomy=super easy. Definitely one of my favorite things.
The course I took at Tufts was Brain and Behavior

PSYCHOLOGY 103 (Brain and Behavior)
This course, like its companion course,
Psychology 25, explores thephysiological bases of behavior. It differs from Psychology 25 in assuming thatthe student has a biology background and would like to go into the neuroanatomical, neurophysiological and neurochemical mechanisms of behavior in more depth.Psychology 103 also focuses on current research in the various areas of Biopsychology and future directions for research and its applications. General topicareas include: the nervous system, vision, neurological disorders, sexual behavior, hunger, thirst, sleep, aggression, reward mechanisms and addiction,learning and memory, and psychopathology.
Prerequisites: Biology 13 and 14, or equivalent.

IT WAS OD HARD

It wasn't simply an anatomy course...it focused more on phsyiological and chemical mechanisms than organization of the nervous system.

Psychology 25, explores the physiological bases of behavior. It differs from Psychology 25 in assuming that the student has a biology background and would like to go into the neuroanatomical, neurophysiological and neurochemical mechanisms of behavior in more depth. Psychology 103 also focuses on current research in the various areas of Biopsychology and future directions for research and its applications. General topic areas include: the nervous system, vision, neurological disorders, sexual behavior, hunger, thirst, sleep, aggression, reward mechanisms and addiction, learning and memory, and psychopathology.

IT WAS OD HARD

It wasn't simply an anatomy course...it focused more on phsyiological and chemical mechanisms than organization of the nervous system.

see, to me, those are the most fun courses. Coordinating structure with function makes things just fit nicely and I'll remember everything the first time Ihear it and I'll enjoy it. Put me back in a dev bio class and I'll be asleep in minutes. If your quiz is just on neuroanatomy, surely it will come backto you with a little bit of studying

Lol I am trying to play catchup in my Enzyme Proteins and Nucleic Acids course. Professor is pulling out Calculus on us...haven't seen that stuff in 5years:smh:

Psychology 25, explores the physiological bases of behavior. It differs from Psychology 25 in assuming that the student has a biology background and would like to go into the neuroanatomical, neurophysiological and neurochemical mechanisms of behavior in more depth. Psychology 103 also focuses on current research in the various areas of Biopsychology and future directions for research and its applications. General topic areas include: the nervous system, vision, neurological disorders, sexual behavior, hunger, thirst, sleep, aggression, reward mechanisms and addiction, learning and memory, and psychopathology.

IT WAS OD HARD

see, to me, those are the most fun courses. Coordinating structure with function makes things just fit nicely and I'll remember everything the first time I hear it and I'll enjoy it. Put me back in a dev bio class and I'll be asleep in minutes. If your quiz is just on neuroanatomy, surely it will come back to you with a little bit of studying

I agree with you. I love all biological sciences related courses with the exception of maybe biochem. These courses were very interesting when I took them incollege but they were VERY difficult. Yes I rather learn how things work than where they are....I hated anatomy for this reason..it's strictly memorizationand that's very unappealing to me.

10 minutes of studying.....just perused one of my classmate's notes. Got a 12/15
pimp.gif
. I got lucky on a few detail questions where you really needed to read the text but i remembered some of the basics from Brain and Behavior.

2d8esg5.jpg

10 minutes of studying.....just perused one of my classmate's notes. Got a 12/15
pimp.gif
. I got lucky on a few detail questions where you really needed to read the text but i remembered some of the basics from Brain and Behavior.

2d8esg5.jpg
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
good +@!@ man

i just got my physics midterm back and failed it. i studied too
grin.gif
its allgood my homie got a 7/50
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

curt, sup! You graduate yet or still at Stanford?

lol @ neuroanatomy. Ask me what you wanna know.

Back
Top Bottom