I got G'd at the barbershop... VOL. WTF

Why even get line-ups? Fear of a lopsided hairline+that annoying grey area on your forehead where the hair is growing back+growing up has prevented me from getting one in years...Then again, I'm not black so I don't know

Lulz. But that happens to everyone once in awhile. Just wear a fitted for a week then go back to the barbershop, dont ever get a cut from that cat though

Haha that's tough OP. I feel for you but I hope u find a new barbershop within 2 weeks

Mentioned it being wack when my barber goes on vacation earlier in this thread. Went to get a cut today and he was in DR. :smh:

One time I asked my old barber for a tape up. And he began shaving the sides of my head a little too low for a tape up.. By the time I checked, i pretty much had a 1 on the sides of my head.

Other barber says "Oh $#!+, hes gettin that flat top"

My barber replied with, "Yea.. Thats what he asked for"

-_-

Yeah, when I shaved my head almost bald (which I never do), two weeks later I went back to the shop and it was crowded. I usually go to one of the two main barbers who both do a good job cutting my hair. I decided that since I was just getting a line-up that I would just go with the new guy who had no one at the time.

I left and the cut LOOKED okay until my hair started regrowing back. That's when I realized he pushed my right side back a visible amount because of the extra hair growing at my natural hairline. I just kept getting lined up because I was trying to comb my hair out of my wave texture, but now it my line-up looks awful after 6 days 
sick.gif
. I should've restarted right after he messed me up because it looks bad now 
mean.gif

I'm gonna let my extra messed up hair grow to a #2 length and start over with a #2 dark caesar cut. Hopefully the line-up will be better and it will look more natural, and then grow it out again.

I digress......

Cliff notes: Don't mess with my hairline!

Last edited:
Long story short, I went to a new barbershop today.

It was kinda busy and I didn't want to wait for just a quick fade so I said "f it" and went to some mid twenty looking spanish cat with a decent cut that was open. ROOKIE MISTAKE... I should have known.. he was probably free cause the regs must've known he was straight *** 
sick.gif
Straight up the most unprofessional cut I ever got. He was missing spots as he went over my head, wrong length, rushed job, f'd up line up 
mean.gif
, boxed sideburns/back when i wanted it tapered...  
eyes.gif
 whatever whatever. He would show me the mirror a few times and I'll be like yo can you go over that one more time.. etc etc. After like the third time, son had nerve to suck his teeth mad slick under his breath as he took the mirror. In my head im like are you for real 
mean.gif

indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
 yo i should be the one mad you the one that cant give an easy fade. 

so i end up going home and i find out from my boy that the dude overcharged me a couple bucks. so basically i got g'd with a unsatisfactory cut, overcharged WITH TIP!

mad.gif
tired.gif
 Should I bugged out or taken the L and move on avoid that mfer?
You're dumb

Take the L twice. You did it to yourself. The dude that's always free when the shop is busy :smh:

Plus why did you pay the dude at all?

I been cutting my own hair for a month now... Just did the #1 clipper the other day, still need someone to give me the hot shave though...

Yo I broke up with my barber of over 15 years this after this New Years, and haven't looked back since.

I went to this spot in Brooklyn under the J line I believe on where Fulton begins one block down from Atlantic Ave.

I too went to the dude that was busy... none of these dudes can speak english too good.

First dude was giving me like a mohawk haircut and then the dude that was translating next to him had to take over, but I thought he was going to be worst.

Turns out dude is :pimp:

Will update how things go.

Still hiding and on the look out for my old barber though because dude is going to be heated :lol:

Nah, a haircut is something you HAVE to wear 24/7, if you happen to try someone new and they door a poor job, then you gotta go around work/school wherever the next couple weeks knowing the line ups crooked, etc etc.

Couple of weeks?!?!

Bad shape up gets covered by new growth in like 6, 7 days if it's THAT bad you skinhead..... I really don't get the controversy....

If you got a haircut for Valentines day, you probably need another one as of now.. and it's not even March for another week....

Not..... That.... Serious....

Couple of weeks?!?!

Bad shape up gets covered by new growth in like 6, 7 days if it's THAT bad you skinhead..... I really don't get the controversy....

If you got a haircut for Valentines day, you probably need another one as of now.. and it's not even March for another week....

Not..... That.... Serious....

What's your race?

Round here "G'd" basically means gettin a train ran on, or one that lets anybody hit...

ex: G-freak

Got my right side royally messed up too. I gotta remember to check both sides when i get that mirror. It's crazy, prior to this I gave dude props on how perfect it matched my vision.

Last edited:
One time I asked my old barber for a tape up. And he began shaving the sides of my head a little too low for a tape up.. By the time I checked, i pretty much had a 1 on the sides of my head.

Other barber says "Oh $#!+, hes gettin that flat top"

My barber replied with, "Yea.. Thats what he asked for"

-_-

:X

Last edited:
On the East Coast "G'd" means "he/she got played". "Pulled a fast one".

+

I've been through so many terrible barbers. Last dude that cut my hair, I've known since I was five. I hada cut him off for givin' me a gumby instead of a hi-top fade. I wanted a freakin' box, not a slant.

So now I mess with the most revered dread headed female barber in my city. She's the bidnezz 8)

My dad is a barber so I've been living the good life all my life. Scared to have to get a new barber one day though.

Back
Top Bottom