I Feel Like J Cole's debut will be EXTREMELY SOLID (compared to other XXL Frosh)

Dudes nice, but he has no "gimmick". He's just.... there.

I can see him being a "better" Ye as far as lyrics go, not production,
but Ye just has that dope $%$ aura and has been doin that whole
Regular dude/uck college iish.

Dudes nice, but he has no "gimmick". He's just.... there.

I can see him being a "better" Ye as far as lyrics go, not production,
but Ye just has that dope $%$ aura and has been doin that whole
Regular dude/uck college iish.

i disagree with u on Wiz and Nippsie tho...Wiz may make it cuz he represents what most youth these days wanna act like, smoke and tatted up...but he aint no real rapper to me...just a placement act...and Nippsie aint gon be nutin cuz ppl dont care about Snoop or Game so why give him the time of day?

Trust me....Wiz getting signed by Atlantic WHLE being booked for the rest of the year shows that he has a fan base.....Snoop made 15 mil last year...Game allegedly has 2 mil DLs of his mixtape....Nipsey can actually spit...it's just how Epic promotes him..

i disagree with u on Wiz and Nippsie tho...Wiz may make it cuz he represents what most youth these days wanna act like, smoke and tatted up...but he aint no real rapper to me...just a placement act...and Nippsie aint gon be nutin cuz ppl dont care about Snoop or Game so why give him the time of day?

Trust me....Wiz getting signed by Atlantic WHLE being booked for the rest of the year shows that he has a fan base.....Snoop made 15 mil last year...Game allegedly has 2 mil DLs of his mixtape....Nipsey can actually spit...it's just how Epic promotes him..

I'm sorry Nipsey's act is tired, no one outside of the West Coast is looking for that...Crips and Bloods stopped being cool a while ago. Now what's cool is smoking weed all day, getting tatted, and simping on %@%!*%!.

I'm sorry Nipsey's act is tired, no one outside of the West Coast is looking for that...Crips and Bloods stopped being cool a while ago. Now what's cool is smoking weed all day, getting tatted, and simping on %@%!*%!.

what does snoop making 15 mil half to do with whether or not ppl still mess with his music? "I wanna rock" was a dope song tho and did get burns....

and Game will have the lowest selling numbers out of all acts with us duration in the game prolly...dont think son that popular anymore but thats just me

neva said wiz didnt have a fanbase either...his fanbase is gucci manes just younger n less/not hood(er)  

what does snoop making 15 mil half to do with whether or not ppl still mess with his music? "I wanna rock" was a dope song tho and did get burns....

and Game will have the lowest selling numbers out of all acts with us duration in the game prolly...dont think son that popular anymore but thats just me

neva said wiz didnt have a fanbase either...his fanbase is gucci manes just younger n less/not hood(er)  

^ i agree i find nothin about nipsey all that interesting. that whole LA gang culture.

im actually glad son dont have the hype and pressure to release a HIT album

his story is real and i appreciate..college kid with a talent..stays in school 3.8 gpa gets his hustle on and finds a way in..pretty dope to me..he doesnt make weed anthems or wear 14 louis coinpouches at one time..but he still keeps it funky and aint no backpack dude..HES A REAL PERSON lol ..thats his "gimmick"

^ i agree i find nothin about nipsey all that interesting. that whole LA gang culture.

im actually glad son dont have the hype and pressure to release a HIT album

his story is real and i appreciate..college kid with a talent..stays in school 3.8 gpa gets his hustle on and finds a way in..pretty dope to me..he doesnt make weed anthems or wear 14 louis coinpouches at one time..but he still keeps it funky and aint no backpack dude..HES A REAL PERSON lol ..thats his "gimmick"

Originally Posted by airmaxpenny1

eyes.gif
 where the hell YOU live??

Nipsey is tellin a story that needs to be told, we always got to hear the SUPER gangster side of bangin, he's tell the 2010 story and showin a human side...

He's not perpetuating the ignorence of the past, he's showin hope for the future...

This gang #%*% (and black on black crime as a whole) is OUT of hand, we can't just keep havin good times without focusing on the issues that affect the communities in which we live...

Originally Posted by airmaxpenny1

eyes.gif
 where the hell YOU live??

Nipsey is tellin a story that needs to be told, we always got to hear the SUPER gangster side of bangin, he's tell the 2010 story and showin a human side...

He's not perpetuating the ignorence of the past, he's showin hope for the future...

This gang #%*% (and black on black crime as a whole) is OUT of hand, we can't just keep havin good times without focusing on the issues that affect the communities in which we live...

Originally Posted by haiti5

Thats y people consider him "boring"
Its like having a reg convo wit one of ur boys about their everyday trials
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by haiti5

Thats y people consider him "boring"
Its like having a reg convo wit one of ur boys about their everyday trials
laugh.gif

What the hell? Since when does a rapper need a gimmick to be good? I guess that's what years and years of following the mainstream ++@!%#%* and being forced fed everything will do to ya. Ya'll got the game F'd up.

What the hell? Since when does a rapper need a gimmick to be good? I guess that's what years and years of following the mainstream ++@!%#%* and being forced fed everything will do to ya. Ya'll got the game F'd up.

Originally Posted by Harlem On The Rise

There's about 4 other guys on THAT cover who's debut I'm MORE interested in hearing...

1. Nipsey Hussle
2. Big Sean
3. Wiz Khalifa
4. Fashawn (his sophmore)

But I'll give J Cole's album a fair shot (if it EVER comes out)... I'll just go into it with extremely low expectations and hope I'm surprised by something... I bought into the HYPE around The Warm Up, and while it wasn't bad, I gave it ONE full burn and NEVER listened to it in its entiretly EVER again (and NO future plans of doin so)... Dudes music is just boring, he's talented, he's just OVER thinkin it...

No disrespect, but how do you find Cole boring but not Big Sean? Not even trying to hate but Sean does everything half-assed to me, he sounds like he's falling asleep while he's recording.
I ain't tryin to start no argument, I honestly wanna know what people hear in this dude?

There's about 4 other guys on THAT cover who's debut I'm MORE interested in hearing...

1. Nipsey Hussle
2. Big Sean
3. Wiz Khalifa

But I'll give J Cole's album a fair shot (if it EVER comes out)... I'll just go into it with extremely low expectations and hope I'm surprised by something... I bought into the HYPE around The Warm Up, and while it wasn't bad, I gave it ONE full burn and NEVER listened to it in its entiretly EVER again (and NO future plans of doin so)... Dudes music is just boring, he's talented, he's just OVER thinkin it...

No disrespect, but how do you find Cole boring but not Big Sean? Not even trying to hate but Sean does everything half-assed to me, he sounds like he's falling asleep while he's recording.
I ain't tryin to start no argument, I honestly wanna know what people hear in this dude?

1. Nipsey Hussle
2. Big Sean
3. Wiz Khalifa

1. Nipsey Hussle
2. Big Sean
3. Wiz Khalifa

Honestly J.Cole might possibly have the best debut in recent times.
And a top 5 album this year.
Besides Wiz , Kanye , Wayne , and add in a 5th album.
The leaks have proved his trying to make a modern day classic.
And Im hyped.

Honestly J.Cole might possibly have the best debut in recent times.
And a top 5 album this year.
Besides Wiz , Kanye , Wayne , and add in a 5th album.
The leaks have proved his trying to make a modern day classic.
And Im hyped.

Originally Posted by Sour Diesel

What the hell? Since when does a rapper need a gimmick to be good? I guess that's what years and years of following the mainstream $$!%%@%* and being forced fed everything will do to ya. Ya'll got the game F'd up.

He doesnt need a gimmick to be good at all, but to be "successful" in this industry, sadly this is what it has come to.

Cole & Jay Elec are the only 2 debuts Im really lookin forward too tho.

Back
Top Bottom