I Feel Like J Cole's debut will be EXTREMELY SOLID (compared to other XXL Frosh)

There's about 4 other guys on THAT cover who's debut I'm MORE interested in hearing...

1. Nipsey Hussle
2. Big Sean
3. Wiz Khalifa
4. Fashawn (his sophmore)

But I'll give J Cole's album a fair shot (if it EVER comes out)... I'll just go into it with extremely low expectations and hope I'm surprised by something... I bought into the HYPE around The Warm Up, and while it wasn't bad, I gave it ONE full burn and NEVER listened to it in its entiretly EVER again (and NO future plans of doin so)... Dudes music is just boring, he's talented, he's just OVER thinkin it...

I REALLY want to like this guy as much as some of you do...

But there's just something about him that I just can't get excited about. I haven't really gave him an in depth listen since The Warm Up. So if his newer stuff is better...maybe I should give it a listen.

I do like Who Dat tho...

I REALLY want to like this guy as much as some of you do...

But there's just something about him that I just can't get excited about. I haven't really gave him an in depth listen since The Warm Up. So if his newer stuff is better...maybe I should give it a listen.

I do like Who Dat tho...

To each his own.....I just want to know what makes em boring to some of yall?

Can't wait for this album
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by ChiTownRivera07

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

i dont know what makse him boring... i been tryin to figure it out... dude just has no charisma... he's a good rapper but there are a lot of people who can rap that make weak/boring music...

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

i dont know what makse him boring... i been tryin to figure it out... dude just has no charisma... he's a good rapper but there are a lot of people who can rap that make weak/boring music...

I think it will be but in all honestly he gotta cover more topics and diff sounds...i think he is capable of that but will he, i dunno.

the Warm Up was good personally but it all kinda sounded the same and none of the songs had that thing that I guess being from the south...that we would like rock wit like extra heavy....and I aint talkin bout no dancing music or waka flocka type joints...more like the stuff BIG KRIT did on his album/mixtape

i know south mcs aint prolly influence him that much but i wud still like to see him incorporate that with what he has already established...i wud def rather see him do that than come out wit wale "chillin" type songs or weak knock off neptunes sounding joints as album cuts...

I think it will be but in all honestly he gotta cover more topics and diff sounds...i think he is capable of that but will he, i dunno.

the Warm Up was good personally but it all kinda sounded the same and none of the songs had that thing that I guess being from the south...that we would like rock wit like extra heavy....and I aint talkin bout no dancing music or waka flocka type joints...more like the stuff BIG KRIT did on his album/mixtape

i know south mcs aint prolly influence him that much but i wud still like to see him incorporate that with what he has already established...i wud def rather see him do that than come out wit wale "chillin" type songs or weak knock off neptunes sounding joints as album cuts...

Originally Posted by Harlem On The Rise

There's about 4 other guys on THAT cover who's debut I'm MORE interested in hearing...

1. Nipsey Hussle
2. Big Sean
3. Wiz Khalifa

But I'll give J Cole's album a fair shot (if it EVER comes out)... I'll just go into it with extremely low expectations and hope I'm surprised by something... I bought into the HYPE around The Warm Up, and while it wasn't bad, I gave it ONE full burn and NEVER listened to it in its entiretly EVER again (and NO future plans of doin so)... Dudes music is just boring, he's talented, he's just OVER thinkin it...

Im actully sorry that you feel that way...(no diss)

yeah it will be a go bedtime album to help you fall asleep

"And they filthy, the deaf ears are the winners
The listeners are the lames..."

good thing its the opposite.

Originally Posted by Harlem On The Rise

1. Nipsey Hussle
2. Big Sean
3. Wiz Khalifa

Im actully sorry that you feel that way...(no diss)

yeah it will be a go bedtime album to help you fall asleep

"And they filthy, the deaf ears are the winners
The listeners are the lames..."

good thing its the opposite.

Originally Posted by MusicalExcellence

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Im a huge J.Cole fan, probably my favorite artist out now...But i do kinda agree with u. A lot of folks my way mess with cole, but just as many dont. Alot says hes boring, and dont have the appeal.. I dont really sit there and be like "
eek.gif
eek.gif
  U SERIOUS??" ...Its all about preference, Wiz Khalifa's music is way different, but i still mess with him heavy. But at the end of the day, id rather just throw on some headphones and listen to some deep $+#$...Not tryna compare but thats the reason why i liked Pac and Nas so much.

seriously cannot wait for this album though. Will try my best to not listen to anymore leaks. But i been impressed with every leak except for "problems"(i know thats not the title).

Originally Posted by MusicalExcellence

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Im a huge J.Cole fan, probably my favorite artist out now...But i do kinda agree with u. A lot of folks my way mess with cole, but just as many dont. Alot says hes boring, and dont have the appeal.. I dont really sit there and be like "
eek.gif
eek.gif
  U SERIOUS??" ...Its all about preference, Wiz Khalifa's music is way different, but i still mess with him heavy. But at the end of the day, id rather just throw on some headphones and listen to some deep $+#$...Not tryna compare but thats the reason why i liked Pac and Nas so much.

seriously cannot wait for this album though. Will try my best to not listen to anymore leaks. But i been impressed with every leak except for "problems"(i know thats not the title).

Ima keep it funky from a fan and a label POV....

He doesnt have the crossover appeal of Drake, the raw charisma of Wiz, or the compelling story of Nipsey Hussle...

He does have talent and a lyrical ability....when this guy was wrecking $!% a few months ago, i thought he was putting together a run comparable to what X and Ye put out before their debuts

He needs to get off the Roc Nation crutch and go for self...Jay's priority is himself...get some brands behind him...he needs to do a viral campaign to bolster his presence in the business...and do a massive press run...seems like all his major press is mistimed...

Release a few more mixtapes..like 4 mininum

He doesnt have the crossover appeal of Drake, the raw charisma of Wiz, or the compelling story of Nipsey Hussle...

He does have talent and a lyrical ability....when this guy was wrecking $!% a few months ago, i thought he was putting together a run comparable to what X and Ye put out before their debuts

He needs to get off the Roc Nation crutch and go for self...Jay's priority is himself...get some brands behind him...he needs to do a viral campaign to bolster his presence in the business...and do a massive press run...seems like all his major press is mistimed...

Originally Posted by blackmagnus514

i feel ya dawg...but we have been there done that....thats the thing if you follow dudes interviews ITS HIM THAT DOESNT WANT THE ROC NATION CRUTCH....he has this approach that he is gonna do everything on his own and doesnt want to ride off the coattails of being Jays first act which i respect but at the same time I think he is a lil OD in his approach.

If dude and Mark Pitts opened their mouth more they would prolly have alot more lined up through roc nation than they have, hell they prolly have turned down issh we dont even know about

Prime example of how that cud go either way is Drake and Big Sean....both use their affilations with the larger act (Wayne, Kanye) but one it worked for and the other well we cud still give an EFF about....J. Cole den built his rep up off his own work along, which may not be a big rep but he doing better than alot of these other internet rappers building a following

i disagree with u on Wiz and Nippsie tho...Wiz may make it cuz he represents what most youth these days wanna act like, smoke and tatted up
tired.gif
...but he aint no real rapper to me...just a placement act...and Nippsie aint gon be nutin cuz ppl dont care about Snoop or Game so why give him the time of day?

Originally Posted by blackmagnus514

i feel ya dawg...but we have been there done that....thats the thing if you follow dudes interviews ITS HIM THAT DOESNT WANT THE ROC NATION CRUTCH....he has this approach that he is gonna do everything on his own and doesnt want to ride off the coattails of being Jays first act which i respect but at the same time I think he is a lil OD in his approach.

If dude and Mark Pitts opened their mouth more they would prolly have alot more lined up through roc nation than they have, hell they prolly have turned down issh we dont even know about

Prime example of how that cud go either way is Drake and Big Sean....both use their affilations with the larger act (Wayne, Kanye) but one it worked for and the other well we cud still give an EFF about....J. Cole den built his rep up off his own work along, which may not be a big rep but he doing better than alot of these other internet rappers building a following

i disagree with u on Wiz and Nippsie tho...Wiz may make it cuz he represents what most youth these days wanna act like, smoke and tatted up
tired.gif
...but he aint no real rapper to me...just a placement act...and Nippsie aint gon be nutin cuz ppl dont care about Snoop or Game so why give him the time of day?

Dudes nice, but he has no "gimmick". He's just.... there.

I can see him being a "better" Ye as far as lyrics go, not production,
but Ye just has that dope +!+ aura and has been doin that whole
Regular dude/uck college iish.

Dudes nice, but he has no "gimmick". He's just.... there.

I can see him being a "better" Ye as far as lyrics go, not production,
but Ye just has that dope +!+ aura and has been doin that whole
Regular dude/uck college iish.

Back
Top Bottom