Hurricanes at Ohio St. Game Thread, Sept. 11th ESPN 3:40pm EST

I hope Miami is tuned in for this one. Disciplined football, and we can run this.

...Lets go U!

I hope Miami is tuned in for this one. Disciplined football, and we can run this.

...Lets go U!

Miami fans always forget one thing.....Shannon is still our coach
laugh.gif

Im jus not comfortable picking us to win..can we? Sure but until Shannon improves i just cant...

If we let them carve us up with their TE im going to lose my mind
laugh.gif

If our line gives Jacory time to throw we WILL light their D up

laugh.gif

Im jus not comfortable picking us to win..can we? Sure but until Shannon improves i just cant...

laugh.gif

Originally Posted by MayhemMonkey000

How are you an Ohio State fan and a Miami fan? 
laugh.gif
That just doesn't even feel right at all.

Exactly my point.  After '02 I have a new found hatred/disgust for OSU.  It's like saying you're a Phins fan, but also like the Jets.

I think we have to air it out and hit them in the mouth early and often.  I am pretty sure Whipple will be forced to play a ball control game, but I say let the pass open up the run.  Past games/and bowls have shown the way you beat Big 10 teams is with speed and more speed.  If you try and play that grinding smash mouth game, you're playing to their strength.  Remember how Florida molly whopped them a few years back with that fast pace three wide sets?  We have the skill player to play that type of game.

Originally Posted by MayhemMonkey000

How are you an Ohio State fan and a Miami fan? 
laugh.gif
That just doesn't even feel right at all.

Exactly my point.  After '02 I have a new found hatred/disgust for OSU.  It's like saying you're a Phins fan, but also like the Jets.

I think we have to air it out and hit them in the mouth early and often.  I am pretty sure Whipple will be forced to play a ball control game, but I say let the pass open up the run.  Past games/and bowls have shown the way you beat Big 10 teams is with speed and more speed.  If you try and play that grinding smash mouth game, you're playing to their strength.  Remember how Florida molly whopped them a few years back with that fast pace three wide sets?  We have the skill player to play that type of game.

Originally Posted by lowslows

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

Sums up my thoughts.

I got nothing but respect for Shannon, but it seems like this dude is holding back the offense on some old "we have to respect our opponents".  Negro please!  Did V Tech respect us when they were up by 20 and still going hard?

From what I have read, Whipple wants to open things up and start an air show, but he is getting resistance.  We probably have the best receiving corps in the nation, so I say air it out.  Once they back off, let Lamar and Berry go to work.

Originally Posted by lowslows

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

Sums up my thoughts.

I got nothing but respect for Shannon, but it seems like this dude is holding back the offense on some old "we have to respect our opponents".  Negro please!  Did V Tech respect us when they were up by 20 and still going hard?

From what I have read, Whipple wants to open things up and start an air show, but he is getting resistance.  We probably have the best receiving corps in the nation, so I say air it out.  Once they back off, let Lamar and Berry go to work.

Originally Posted by dreClark

Does Jacory have check downs this year?

He does.  He just has to take advantage of them.  I think Ford will be a really good TE - if he is used properly.  I also am pretty sure that Cleveland is going to be a Kellen Winslow type player for us - if used properly.

As I previously stated, by opening things up with our receivers, we can make teams pay with our running game and TE playing the middle of the field.  We have way too much talent on offense not to make people pay this year.

Originally Posted by dreClark

Does Jacory have check downs this year?

He does.  He just has to take advantage of them.  I think Ford will be a really good TE - if he is used properly.  I also am pretty sure that Cleveland is going to be a Kellen Winslow type player for us - if used properly.

As I previously stated, by opening things up with our receivers, we can make teams pay with our running game and TE playing the middle of the field.  We have way too much talent on offense not to make people pay this year.

I'm a Bears and Packers fan. I also enjoy the escapades of the NY Knicks and Chicago Bulls and relish the experience of rooting for both the Cardinals and the Cubs. Also, UNC and Duke split my love. Yes, my life is the truth.

I've seriously heard it all on this board
smh.gif

I'm a Bears and Packers fan. I also enjoy the escapades of the NY Knicks and Chicago Bulls and relish the experience of rooting for both the Cardinals and the Cubs. Also, UNC and Duke split my love. Yes, my life is the truth.

I've seriously heard it all on this board
smh.gif

I'm hearing OSU* is lobbying for Terry Porter to come out of retirment, to be the lead official for the game.

I'm hearing OSU* is lobbying for Terry Porter to come out of retirment, to be the lead official for the game.

Back
Top Bottom